Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 23:48   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
EP630 are noise isolating and not canceling. I just replaced my Senn PX 100 with the EP630 for subway use and am glad I did. Got a fantastic price from dell and it comes with 3 *spare* earplugs (different sizes).

Tsk, I think they would be idea for the gym if the ambient noise (read Kanta laga) is not too high.

The quality is decent but not great. Would suffice for usage in a noisy environment but I have had much better results with the PX 100 in home or office environs. Overall, would definitely recommend for bus, train or plane use.
I have the EP-630 which I use with my creative nano. Got them for around 800rs from Nehru place. REally nice and fit snugly in the ear.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos007 View Post
Also check out Sennheiser MX51 Street Earphones, there audio reproduction is very good & price is almost same as 630s..
Price is less or more? (I reckon more..)

Anyone else using these? I want to pickup a pair soon...
Old 28th May 2008, 13:07   #93
BHPian

I normally use Sennheiser CX300 for my iPod and decided to try the EP630 based on reviews here. I have to say I much prefer the crisper sounds of the CX300 over the EP630. The bass is softer yet well defined. Apart from excessive booming bass on the EP630 I really can't find too many reasons to recommend that over the CX300. Of course, if budget is an issue then the EP630 scores. Just my 2 cents!
Old 21st August 2009, 15:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, I actually didn't want to open a new thread for this and couldn't find any recent thread with the specific information/recommendation I am looking for.

I am in the market for some new headphones, recently had a chance to hear the basic BOSE model headphones (Rs 7000) and felt they were quite OK. Also took a look at their Noise Cancellation series of headphones and felt they are overpriced and looks as if they will break down if I ever take them out of their box.

I remember listening to a pair of Audio Technica moniters sometime back in HK, they were about 7~8k INR and were fantastic and came in many shapes/sizes/colors. But now when I am actually hunting for one in humble lil Mumbai, I am quite not spoilt for choice. Have sent out a couple of PM's but wanted suggestions from everyone. Looking at BeyerDynamic, KOSS, AKG, Etymotic Research websites right now. I do not want in ear plugs, I want proper headphones. Comfort and SQ is of utmost importance here. Infact I have to stress on the comfort, they should be highly padded (somehow I feel a wierd pain in my right ear if I ever bring a magnet [cellphone, headphones] close to it) so I need it to be nice and padded. Noise Cancellation would be a definite plus and was looking for something in the 10,000 Rupees range (I might consider ordering online and waiting as well) or if you can recommend any place in Mumbai where they can be demo'd. I do-not mind grey market products as well. I feel I have listed out my parameters quite specifically that can help you make recommendations. Thank you in advance for your valued feedback guys.
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Klipsch custom 3 is a good bet with great sound quality, its a twin driver model with separate tweeter and woofer. It is said to be very comfortable too. Gadgetsguru have it on their ebay.in store, they're based in Mumbai. You also get Senns and they have a range of models to choose from, but do your research online wrt to sound and the type of music you like.

Mods: How about a separate thread for Headphones and earphones discussion?
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:46   #96
BHPian

Sennheiser products are available at any Apple store. There is one in Inorbit. Have a check there. HD280 is a good one within your budget. Not so sure about HD 450+ series. Go, find out for yourself and report back.

If you can, PM ReignOfChaos. He is excellent with audio products like these.

@ Sankar, there are some on that subject already.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...earphones.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-speakers.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...der-100-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...earphones.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...eadphones.html

Last edited by given2fly : 22nd August 2009 at 16:53.
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

proxima, try Yamahah + Jamo combination. should be possible in 50k budget i think. i'm doing some reasearch in same line. bottom line no HTIB. mix and match works well.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:15   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
@ Sankar, there are some on that subject already.
Thanks mate. Helps me too.
Old 24th August 2009, 21:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your inputs guys, I have my eyes set on KOSS and Audio Technica after reading a lot of reviews online and the price factor, any idea where they will be available?
Old 25th August 2009, 12:04   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Thanks for your inputs guys, I have my eyes set on KOSS and Audio Technica after reading a lot of reviews online and the price factor, any idea where they will be available?
Which Koss and Which Audio Technica? You have to research on specific models made by any manufacturer. Koss PortaPro and KSC75 are said to be very good in value and sound quality. But they're not earphones.

I have bought Klipsch Custom 3 after doing a bit of online research, no complaints regarding the sound quality of this but not everyone is satisfied by the cable.

B&H and earphone solutions do ship to India, but shipping cost is around $50 (cheapest option) on B&H and around $30 from earphone solutions.
Old 12th September 2009, 16:07   #101
BHPian

Found this earphone which is going to be replacement for my Ultimate Ear SuperFi.3. They are supposedly the same product but just rebranded by Altec Lansing and available at half the price of the original.

Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone: Electronics

Or how is this Denon. Supposedly better than SuperFI.3.

Amazon.com: Denon AH-C551K In-Ear Headphone: Electronics

BTW, Can anyone tell me if I can replace the connector cords of Super.Fi Studio3 earplugs. That has gone bad and is one of the main reasons I'm looking for a new one.

Last edited by given2fly : 12th September 2009 at 16:14.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:45   #102
Senior - BHPian

hey friends, i am looking for a good earphone. i dont like the vacuum type/noise reduction type earphones, it irritates me. i am looking for normal earphones in a budget of Rs. 1000-1500. i found a good earphone from Sennheiser in croma but the asking price was Rs. 2250. i feel its priced on the higher side.

any recommendations?
Old 26th April 2010, 21:50   #103
BHPian

I have been using the Sony MDR-EX082, but the problem is that the noise cancellation works only with the specified mp3 player. How can a noise reduction earphone irritate you
Old 27th April 2010, 15:05   #104
Senior - BHPian

the way it isolates my ear, it makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Old 27th April 2010, 22:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

i bought the Sennheiser Mx 680 earphones, costed me Rs. 2300. sadly, i am not too impressed with it. the sony earphones with came with my X10 sounds similar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks