Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 17:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Microsoft Outlook Problem

Hi,

Currently i am using Outlook Express and have like 400 MB emails. Now i have a felling that its not good to keep emails in outlook at it may crash and stuff lol. So i am thinking of shifting to MS Outlook. I have office 2003 Installed and i installed MS Outlook.

Imported the E-mails / Addresses / Accounts via its wizard from Outlook Express but the email dates have changed of emaisl which are very old and they are showing up as Today emails

Anyone know the problem ?

Which Email program should i use ? Outlook Express / MS Outlook ? No other will work for me (Typical MS USER lol)
Old 12th June 2007, 20:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

I personally prefer using Microsoft Outlook as it lets me sync not only my contacts but also calenders and tasks with my mobile phone.

abhibh, can you post a screen-shot of your outlook screen please (of course erasing senders name, address and your name,address to protect privacy)

If all emails are imported into Outlook as today's mails what time are they showing?

And for all Outlook 2003 users here is great add-in which backs up your Personal Folders and best part is you can schedule it to automatically backup your data . You will need to validate your copy of Office though.

Download details: Outlook 2003/2002 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup
Old 12th June 2007, 21:29   #3
BHPian

Instead of importing messages in Outlook 2003 from your Outlook Express, export all your messages from Outlook Express into a PST file and then import this file using Outlook 2003 import wizard. That will preserve the dates.

Cheers!!!
Old 12th June 2007, 23:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

@guzzler bro. u r genius.. It worked like charm...

@adya.. thnx for that utility i needed something like that also and it validates perfectly.

Thanks for the help...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks