Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2022, 12:55   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Google Chrome | Which bookmark manager do you use?

As with almost all Google products, the built-in bookmark manager of Chrome is very buggy. It does the unforgivable sin of not syncing bookmarks accurately. I use Chrome on two laptops and frequently see bookmarks that I'd made on Laptop A go missing on the Chrome of Laptop B (and vice versa).

Which bookmark manager do you use on Chrome?

Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 16:53   #2
BHPian

Re: Google Chrome | Which bookmark manager do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
the built-in bookmark manager of Chrome is very buggy. It does the unforgivable sin of not syncing bookmarks accurately.
On the contrary, I find the native bookmark manager to be seamless, across my two phones, a laptop and a desktop. You may want to check if you are logged
in with the same google credentials in all chrome instance across all your devices. If needed, try logging out and in once if the logged in session has not refreshed for long. Hope the sync is not failing due to connectivity issues.

Additionally, introduction of another 3rd party application means letting in one more organization into this game of monetizing your browsing preference. You may want it only if the native one is beyond usability / fixing. Just my thoughts.
AG-D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:13   #3
BHPian

NotePad in google drive. Best way to use it anywhere on any machine!
klassics45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 17:20   #4

Chrome bookmark will work fine across multiple devices as long as you are using your primary email ID for all the devices. My bookmarks are available on my phone and laptop seemingly without any issues.
pippen88 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks