Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 14:46   #16
BHPian

Re: Samsung not providing warranty for a brand-new soundbar

I recently struggled with Sony over a replacement of 2 month old OLED television. Though I didn't get the desired result, but got the product repaired to my satisfaction from the factory and also got the warranty extended by 6 months FOC. Keep on escalating the matter through emails, keep ringing the customer care, engage the local service center managers and keep the tweets flowing. Like you, I also got it from CROMA and they don't care one bit once the product is out of the showroom, nor I expect them to.
Mach_1590 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:55   #17
BHPian

I got a Sony TV replaced by escalating and following up to every levels.
Used social media too.

BTW, I hated the auto calibration by Yamaha receiver. If it is not so important feature for you, it may be better not to allow them any kind of repair.
sj_koova is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 16:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Day-18

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Today, I called their service head (outsourced) to whom I had sent invoice on 14th May. He told me that they don't have a replacement and they will process the refund and asked me for a copy of my cancelled cheque and a copy of any identity document. I have emailed him both with a CC to Samsung India mail ids I had.

They don't have a system of online transfer. They will make a cheque/DD and send it to me by courier and the whole process can take a week.

Later, got a call from Samsung CEO office that they are processing refund and she will call me tomorrow for the update. I confirmed that refund will be of full invoice and they are not going to deduct any GST or something. She confirmed that it will be full invoice amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
FYI, BlueStar does not have its own team and has outsourced the servicing to local players.
Even Samsung is outsourcing service. The email id on which I sent invoice and other documents are non-samsung (e.g., abc@someorganisation.com)
mukeshgoel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 18:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Day-19 (17/May)

Got a call from Samsung CEO office that the refund has been processed and I will get the DD in next 7-10 days. She asked me to send an email to CEO office if I don't get DD in a 7-10 days.

Day-20 to Day-25

No action.

Day-26 (24/May)

Sent an email to CEO office and got a call from a different person. He told me that the refund has been approved and it will take 20-25 days to actually get the DD. I asked him the reason for delay and he said it is a norm in Samsung India.

I asked him to send me an email because so far, I had just verbal assurance about refund but nothing in writing. He was reluctant to send me such mail but he assured me that he will talk to his seniors and get back to me.

After an hour or so, he sent me this email:

Quote:
Sub: Refund Approved confirmation from CEO Desk Samsung India Pvt Ltd

Dear Mr. XXXXXX XXXX,

I am XXX from Customer experience ,

As discussed the Refund is approved and it will be dispatched by tomorrow as per my confirmation.

You can call me on 01243630xxx-extn. if you have any Enquiry.

Warm regards,
After this mail, he called me and told that they will send the DD to service center and service center people will collect the defective unit and deliver the DD. AND THIS PROCESS WILL TAKE A WEEK.

Samsung head office / CEO office is in Gurgaon, I am in Gurgaon, service center is in Gurgaon, then it is taking so long. Imagine what happens to customers who are not in Gurgaon or even worse if they are in small town.

Also, Croma people were also following it up at their and I got regular updates from them. Today, someone from Croma called and told me that they have confirmed from Samsung India that I will get the DD by 30th May so they are closing this complaint at their end (I had not told them DD from my end).
Old 28th May 2022, 18:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Day-30 (28/May)

After regular follow up with Samsung India CEO office and Samsung service (outsourced, they deal with customer including pickup of defective product and handing over the cheque), finally soundbar picked up and refund DD/cheque received.

Thank you everyone for your useful suggestions.
mukeshgoel is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks