Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 17:03   #76
BHPian

TY All

Team,

Many Thanks for contributing your views and opinions , after going through the Poll and the thread its made the job of deciding what service provider to choose from a Piece of Cake .

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your inputs.

Cheers

Peter.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:35   #77
BHPian

Tatasky anyday.

I've not used dish tv, but friends who use it says its as bad as it can get.
When I shifted my house like 7 months back, I thought of going in for a new connection.

Relocate tatasky = 600/-

So called up all (except dish tv) the DTH service providers.

Airtel, Reliance, Sundirect, even Tatasky (as a "new" customer)

Best response was from guess what Tatasky.
Then Airtel, Reliance worst was Sundirect (can't even speak english and the attitude was really bad)

Only Tatasky and Airtel was the one's who made a followup call.
Airtel is really expensive compared to the rest.

If its low Cost go for Sundirect (Good for regional language service, stay away if you want English movies and other channels)

If its Cost+Quality = Tatasky.
Old 5th June 2009, 21:18   #78
BHPian

Have both: Dish TV in the front room with a normal CRT TV where parents watch: this was their choice primarily since they wanted all southie channels where i believe Dish scores.

I have Tata Sky in my room along with an LCD and the diff in pict quality is enormous!

One negative thing about Tata Sky is the little scam they run with installations: They dont a good job when they come to fit the dish, intentionally fit it loosely etc and then come for repeat installs and charge you 350 bucks everytime. My dish got misaligned twice in a week and they charged me the first time for correction. Fortunately i was warned of this by my neighbours who had been scammed before.

so you need to watch out for this.
Old 5th June 2009, 21:45   #79
BHPian

I would recommend tata sky at all cost.More over they have refer a friend scheme going on,You get few months subscription free with that.If u need the reference code let me know.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:01   #80
BHPian

Tata SKY + is the way to go!!

I am with Tata Sky for more than 30 months now. Last eight months is with Tata SKY+. The service has been impeccable. And I am more than satisfied.

The picture and sound auality is awesome. I used to face the "No Signal" in the early days, but that did not happen any time last year. When the box was changed (from Tata SKY to Tata SKY+), I faced the problem again intially, but it did not reappear in the last rains. So I guess, the software is updated frequently (3 times for Tata SKY+ and 4 times for Tata SKY).

The Tata SKY+ STB was replaced in 4 hours of registering a compliant for a malfunctioning LED. I dont think any other service provider will do that.

Yesterday I went to watch Angels and Deamons, and I was literally searching for the remote to rewind and then realized that I am not using the Tata SKY+ .

Go for Tata SKY+. The features are awesome and then you will get addicted to them.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:18   #81
BHPian

Dish tv!! It shows DW (if you are a german fan, or would like to keep ur german uptodate).
Old 8th June 2009, 20:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Have both: Dish TV in the front room with a normal CRT TV where parents watch: this was their choice primarily since they wanted all southie channels where i believe Dish scores.

I have Tata Sky in my room along with an LCD and the diff in pict quality is enormous!

One negative thing about Tata Sky is the little scam they run with installations: They dont a good job when they come to fit the dish, intentionally fit it loosely etc and then come for repeat installs and charge you 350 bucks everytime. My dish got misaligned twice in a week and they charged me the first time for correction. Fortunately i was warned of this by my neighbours who had been scammed before.

so you need to watch out for this.
Thats shocking! You should bring this to the notice of Tata Sky management. We had ours fixed about 1.5 years ago. Never been touched after that.
Old 9th June 2009, 13:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thats shocking! You should bring this to the notice of Tata Sky management. We had ours fixed about 1.5 years ago. Never been touched after that.
+1, I too have Tata Sky for last 2 years and few relatives. None of us ever had this issue at all. You need to talk to Tata Sky folks for this.

regards
Old 9th June 2009, 14:29   #84
BHPian

Have been using Tata Sky for 2+ years.Even,we moved household twice during these two years.No problems so far. *TOUCHWOOD*
Old 9th June 2009, 14:58   #85
BHPian

Have 5 digicomps at home, Tata Sky is the best allways.
Never encountered a problem.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:59   #86
BHPian

I've heard that Tata Sky+ required two input cables. In our building, we have a common dish which has a single cable coming to our rooms via internal wiring. I am not quite sure whether customers like me can upgrade to Tata Sky+ which requires two inputs.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
One negative thing about Tata Sky is the little scam they run with installations: They dont a good job when they come to fit the dish, charge you 350 bucks everytime.
From what I heard from my friends this is what Dish TV guys does.
With Tatasky I've never faced this problem.

Take it up with customer care and clearly state the problem is repeating.
I'm pretty sure they will do the right thing.

The field support guys who do the installations takes care of a specific area, so in your case maybe the guy does't have a clue what he is doing.

If the same guy came, you should indeed point this out when you log the complaint.

Might sound shocking but the people who does the actual installation gets very little training to do the installation. I know because the guy who did the installation when I moved the connection said he is new to the job (around 2 months) and he is basically a electronic tech (who does tv repairs and all that) and this is his stand-by job till he finds a better one.
From what I recall he got a "crash course" about installation. Anyway installing the dish is not rocket science, it a matter of pointing it in the right direction and then attaching the "satellite tracking" probe meter thingy (which basically tells how good is the signal strength).

Having said that this is a guaranteed way from DTH service providers to make money. My sister is using Sun Direct (around 4 months now) and they already had to "fix" the disk again (250/-)

Last edited by yzfrj : 9th June 2009 at 15:09.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:42   #88
BANNED

Given the frequency band DTH operates on whenever it rains outages are bound to happen. I have found their services outstanding.

A few months back the power pack of our second room unit packed up. On reporting we were approached within half an hour, and the power pack replace within 1-1/2 hours.

Recently, when I renewed my subscription, I had made the credit card payments. I was called, and also offered conversion of my add-ons to annual packs. I was clearly told that once I go annual I cannot unsubscribe. Also, when I inquired about Neo being on when I had subscribed only to ESPN-Star and Ten I got a call within a couple of days explaining that specifically Neo was part of the annual pack, which was still cheaper than the individual monthly subscriptions.

There is only one problem - the Digicomp data is not updated properly!
Old 9th June 2009, 16:39   #89
BHPian

Quote:
A few months back the power pack of our second room unit packed up. On reporting we were approached within half an hour, and the power pack replace within 1-1/2 hours.
Your STB would still be under warranty otherwise you'd have to pay for the same right?
Old 9th June 2009, 20:59   #90
BHPian

what amir khan says about bloody picture quality..... guys its for real.

gonna get my LED tv soon its will be off the charts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks