Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 08:23   #751
BHPian

Re: One Channel having issue in TSky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Facing a strange issue with TS connection. Only 'Sony TV' does NOT play and keeps saying that it might be raining in our area. But all other channels like 'Colors' comes out fine.

What might be the issue out here?
I booked a visit from TSky technician and he diagnosed the issue as weak signal. He replaced the receiver on the dish, saying it has gone bad. The change brought the channel back. The cost 250/- for receiver and 150/- for the visit.

But, he got a electrical shock touching the metal STB box and he blamed it on the faulty earthing at home.

My question is, we do NOT have any issues with any of our other electrical devices OR gadgets. So, what could be the issue here?
Old 4th November 2020, 09:26   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked a visit from TSky technician and he diagnosed the issue as weak signal. He replaced the receiver on the dish, saying it has gone bad. The change brought the channel back. The cost 250/- for receiver and 150/- for the visit.

But, he got a electrical shock touching the metal STB box and he blamed it on the faulty earthing at home.

My question is, we do NOT have any issues with any of our other electrical devices OR gadgets. So, what could be the issue here?
Even we faced this issue...Starting with Republic TV and later with many other channels. I could see that the signal strength was was in the settings menu. Scheduled a technician visit. He came wth some device to check signal strenght and diagnosed the cause to the splitter behind the STB (it's a HD+ Box with recording) he came the next day and changed that. The signal improved by a decent margin. Recently, we have got a MDU in our apartment (Multi-Dwelling-Unit) and not individual dishes. He told that after this change, signal strength has reduced in general
Old 4th November 2020, 09:33   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The blame is on the STB and not earthing. Because the power adapter of STB is 2 pins, phase and neutral. There is no third earth pin to carry any current leakage to ground. I face this issue in my Tata sky STB and the current Hathaway STB and my Home theater.
Old 21st June 2021, 22:21   #754
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Tata Sky Thread

Guys, need help

Our Tata sky STB does not come out of Standby mode. Has anyone faced this situation ?

The power is thru a doulbe UPS, so no problems there (TV is off the same second UPS, so no problem there). If balance was nil, then at least it should display the Tata sky "home screen" but there is no signal coming out of the unit. It just stays there with the red Stand by LED blinking.

For more than a week now, it used to start working about a hour after we press the power on button on the remote.

Last edited by condor : 21st June 2021 at 22:32.
Old 21st June 2021, 22:43   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, need help

Our Tata sky STB does not come out of Standby mode. Has anyone faced this situation ?

The power is thru a doulbe UPS, so no problems there (TV is off the same second UPS, so no problem there). If balance was nil, then at least it should display the Tata sky "home screen" but there is no signal coming out of the unit. It just stays there with the red Stand by LED blinking.

For more than a week now, it used to start working about a hour after we press the power on button on the remote.
Try removing the digicard once and wipe the chip and re-insert the card. If it doesn’t work then I guess your receiver has gone kaput and then only the service guys from TataSky can help.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 22:44   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need help

I have a friend at tata sky with whom I shared this. Can you plz PM your subscriber ID? They’ll use it to identify your box and resolve your issue.
GreyNomad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:16   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Try removing the digicard once and wipe the chip and re-insert the card..
Thank you, Abhi. I tried that, but no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
Can you plz PM your subscriber ID? They’ll use it to identify your box and resolve your issue.
Thank you, GreyNomad. I have PM'ed you.
Old 22nd June 2021, 08:59   #758
BHPian

I had been facing the same issue for a week, however, somehow my box seems to work fine only if I let it sit idle for about 5 mins post powering it on.

If I try to switch it on using the remote just after powering it on, it doesn't come out of standby mode.

You could try removing the power for about 2 mins, putting it back on and then waiting for about 5 mins and then using the remote. Once this is done, it works perfect the entire day, but since I power it off in the night, this is the routine I have been following and the box seems to be working fine.

Quote:
Guys, need help

Old 22nd June 2021, 12:27   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
I have a friend at tata sky with whom I shared this.
Thank you, @GreyNomad. It is working now. Dont know what you did, but they had called quite a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
.. my box seems to work fine only if I let it sit idle for about 5 mins post powering it on.
Thanks for this tip. I will try this, in case the problem recurs. Though Tata sky has given a call back number after above help
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 12:34   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, @GreyNomad. It is working now. Dont know what you did, but they had called quite a few times.

Thanks for this tip. I will try this, in case the problem recurs. Though Tata sky has given a call back number after above help
Welcome sir. The PR Head is a friend; I just forwarded your issue. And these guys take customer service extremely seriously.
GreyNomad is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 21:05   #761
BANNED

How can I get new or recent movies on Tata Sky?

My Mother has been complaining that there are no good movies on Tata sky anymore. They only show dubbed movies, or low budget / unknown movies, etc.
She was able to see newish movies a few years earlier.

Has something changed? How can I get new or recent movies on Tata Sky?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks