Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 14:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

guys whats the procedure for shifting ?
they install a new antenna or we need to take the old one along while moving?
Old 29th July 2009, 15:32   #107
BANNED

Why not call them up?

Obviously they will not like the old antenna + LNB scrapped. Whether yu remove and carry it or they collect and give you a fresh (not necessarily new) one at the new place remains to be seen.

Also, if you do please post what answer you get.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:33   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
you can change the language. just press the green (?) button while the channel is playing and choose english.
It does not work. i sent mail to customer care and got the response that it will come only in Hindi in my package.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:14   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
guys whats the procedure for shifting ?
they install a new antenna or we need to take the old one along while moving?
IIRC, there are two options:

1. Leave the current antenna at the current place and get a new Dish + LNB at the new place. Pay 600/-.

2. Carry the current antenna + LNB with you and get the same installed. Pay 350/-.

Also, you get only 25 m of free wire and then you have to pay money for the remaining amount.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
you can change the language. just press the green (?) button while the channel is playing and choose english.

It does not work. i sent mail to customer care and got the response that it will come only in Hindi in my package.
I dont think that the language changing option is part of any package. you can use it for free. Have to tried changing the language to English?
@ Suvi are you using Tata Sky +? Maybe this is a problem with your STB. Why dont you call the customer care and ask them to replace the STB?

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 29th July 2009 at 17:22.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:40   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
I dont think that the language changing option is part of any package. you can use it for free. Have to tried changing the language to English?
@ Suvi are you using Tata Sky +? Maybe this is a problem with your STB. Why dont you call the customer care and ask them to replace the STB?
I am using Tata Sky. Language changing option probably works for a premium package. i guess if i have the South Jumbo Pack, i can view National Geographic in Hindi/English. but if i have a Super Value pack, i can not have English. my STB allows me to set English, only it does not take effect.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:57   #111
BHPian

^^

I am using the Super Saver Pack and I get both English and Hindi Language options! I dont see that they have mentioned anywhere saying you wont get a language option with any specific pack. Its weird! Also it seems totally illogical. South Jumbo pack means most probably you understand English better than Hindi and not providing you English is bad!
Old 30th July 2009, 12:11   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
^^

I am using the Super Saver Pack and I get both English and Hindi Language options! I dont see that they have mentioned anywhere saying you wont get a language option with any specific pack. Its weird! Also it seems totally illogical. South Jumbo pack means most probably you understand English better than Hindi and not providing you English is bad!
Hi Mrinal,
precisely. Discovery is available in both English and Hindi if it is a South Jumbo pack or Super Saver Pack. Super Value pack which i have (which is pre-dominantly Hindi) has no English for these channels. As you guessed, i understand hindi movies but not technical/engineering terms (which i don't understand in my mother tongue too)
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:11   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Tata Sky on MPEG4 now too? I have BigTV currently and quite happy, how much better or worse is Tata Sky?
Old 4th September 2009, 16:29   #114
BHPian

Guys,

I just tried to subscribe to the Annual mega pack of Tata sky which is 5000 for the entire year but when i moved to the next confirmation screen it displays 5500 as the amount. Why is the difference?

Has anyone tried this?

Btw I have created a service request in their website and waiting for their reply .

Edit: I even had a rep from tata sky calling me and talking to me about this last week. He definitely mentioned it as 5000.
Although this link Tata Sky’s New DTH Packages With More DTH Paid Channels, Sports Platinum Pack, Sports Gold pack, South Value Pack, Educational Gold Pack and more says its 5500 the main page after i login still says it as 5000.

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 4th September 2009 at 16:33. Reason: Added details
Old 4th September 2009, 16:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

There was an outage for me last night;lasted few min. It said 'couldnt get signal or so'

And issues when it rains! Thinking of getting cable setup box for Asianet. More channels and cheaper.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:42   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I just tried to subscribe to the Annual mega pack of Tata sky which is 5000 for the entire year but when i moved to the next confirmation screen it displays 5500 as the amount.
I think it is 5500, unless there is some current offer for 5000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There was an outage for me last night;lasted few min. It said 'couldnt get signal or so'
The same happened here too.
I thought someone nicked my dish, so rushed to the terrace to check
Old 4th September 2009, 16:46   #117
BANNED

Ditto here. I think they had some uplinking problem.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:59   #118
BHPian

Everytime it rains, Tata Sky goes blank. Even the screen that appears says that we have to wait for some time and then switch on again. It usually takes 10 to 15 minutes before the system resumes telecast.

Is there any way to avoid this?
Old 4th September 2009, 17:51   #119
Senior - BHPian

travelwriter,

Slightly bigger dish and a 0.1db rated LNB will work wonders.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:01   #120
Senior - BHPian

Guys any one subscribed to the new Cosmo Pack for movies?
It has WB,MGM,TCM and NDTV Lumière and is available for 45 bucks per month.
Please let me know your feedback. I am planning to opt for it.
If no one has subscribed to it then wait for my feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks