Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 17:54   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Did the box come with a HDMI cable?
Yes, it comes with a HDMI cable.

I also agree with srishiva's feedback on the user interface. I think the older receiver had a cleaner interface with faster response times.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:11   #182
BHPian

Only the heaviest of storms disturbs service. Bangalore sees many more rain days than most other cities and plenty of thunderstorms as well but the Tata Sky service is pretty reliable.
Old 8th October 2010, 23:36   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Only the heaviest of storms disturbs service. Bangalore sees many more rain days than most other cities and plenty of thunderstorms as well but the Tata Sky service is pretty reliable.
I too can attest to that. I face this problem only in the heaviest of the rains. But this is pretty common in DTH platforms and used to face the same in the US too when I had a Dish Network connection
Old 27th January 2011, 17:56   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

It's that time of the year when pockets get empty.

Re-charged my Tata Sky account for an entire year ( Feb 16, 2012)

Opted for Supreme Pack (Rs.220/Month)

+

3 Optional Packs for Rs.100 ( English Entertainment+English movies+English News)

Annual Re-Charge Cost : Rs.3850

Expensive but can't help it. They caught me hook, line and sinker
Old 13th February 2011, 13:38   #185

Fiends,
There is an offer from Tatasky i.e. the tatasky+ HD (together in a single box) comes for 4k (to precise Rs.3999). Booked it and waiting for the box ... so that explore record etc options and the HD enabled content/cricket matches.
Old 13th February 2011, 15:06   #186
Senior - BHPian

Have been using Tata Sky for about 4 years now and have not faced any problems. Been very happy with the service. Only in the cases of very heavy rains the reception does give some problems. But this is a rarity and i don't think it is much of an issue.

Only problem i have is when i select the Sports section the listing takes a lonnnnng time to come up and then it does not show the program details and instead says No Information Available. Not sure if anyone else faces the same issue.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:36   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Have been using Tata Sky for about 4 years now and have not faced any problems. Been very happy with the service. Only in the cases of very heavy rains the reception does give some problems. But this is a rarity and i don't think it is much of an issue.

Only problem i have is when i select the Sports section the listing takes a lonnnnng time to come up and then it does not show the program details and instead says No Information Available. Not sure if anyone else faces the same issue.
That usually happens if the Tata Sky set top box is powered down. In our case we just switch it off and when it is on every thing comes fast. Only after it is powered down, due to any reason that your symptoms are duplicated.

The reason is that after power up, the SIM has to communicate with the service and update every thing. There seems to be no flash memory to hold all the service information. It all erases on power off!
Old 14th February 2011, 11:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's that time of the year when pockets get empty.

Re-charged my Tata Sky account for an entire year ( Feb 16, 2012)

Opted for Supreme Pack (Rs.220/Month)

+

3 Optional Packs for Rs.100 ( English Entertainment+English movies+English News)

Annual Re-Charge Cost : Rs.3850

Expensive but can't help it. They caught me hook, line and sinker
Hey Mate, I did exactly the same package on 4th Feb for the whole year but I think it costs a little less than what you said.

Supreme Pack = Rs.220 pm but Rs.2400 for annual recharge.
Eng (Mov+Ent+News) = Rs. 100pm - no annual recharge option.

So, the annual cost of the total package is 2400+1200 =3600, wheras you said 3850.

Are you sure you asked for Supreme annual pack and not subscribing the Supreme monthly pack?
Old 14th February 2011, 12:29   #189
BHPian

Anybody noticed that picture quality of TS+ degrades with buffering on.

Tata sky + box, records live to and keeps buffer of last 45 minutes (configurable to 0, 15, 30 and 45 minutes). This way you can rewind the current channel being watched.
If you select buffering = 0 minutes then you will not able to go back (no rewind) during live TV still pause and recording works. But stopping this buffering improves picture quality a lot. I could see the difference on many channels. The fast movement or fast changes in overall picture background/foreground has definitely improved in terms of box effect.

Did anybody observed this? I am planning to get HD+. But if this same story applicable to any recording box then I have to rethink. Also here in Pune, I saw myway IPTV has better picture quality (SD) than my own TS+.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:55   #190
BANNED

Do not expect HD in Tier II cities

I have been with them from the time they launched in Kanpur. I mailed about HD about three months back. Got a call that we are not in Kanpur at this time, plan to launch soon, and will get in contact with you. Today I mailed them again, adding that I may switch in may if there are more delays. A flurry of activity, sms, e-mail, two calls. Sum total Zilch.

So if you want HD and are outside the metros avoid Tata Sky.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:59   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
So, the annual cost of the total package is 2400+1200 =3600, wheras you said 3850.Are you sure you asked for Supreme annual pack and not subscribing the Supreme monthly pack?
Your calculation is exactly right. But, my balance on day of recharge was running Rs.200 odd in "negative". Hence, the difference.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:39   #192
BANNED

Re: TATA Sky..Usb Tv Tuner + MAC OSX

Does anyone using TataSky thro USB TV Tuner . if yes how is the performance. Does that USB support MAC OSX. Planning to have USB TV Tuner for i Mac 20 inch to be used with Tata Sky. TIA for Feedback/opinion.

Note: In case if OS X support is not in par with win7 then i can use USB TV Tuner in i Mac with Windows 7 . i Mac Intel core duo has dual boot.
Old 5th April 2011, 09:44   #193
BANNED

As I have posted elsewhere they installed one HD+, packed up within 12 hours, and after a lot of sturm und drang installed the replacement unit after 12 days. Have one problem. Needs to be reset (pull the plug, wait 10 seconds, plug back) every two to three days. Looks like a software bug. Quality of Discovery & NatGeo makes it paisa vasool. Yes, also, enjoyed the World Cup final in HD.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:28   #194
BHPian

Re: TATA Sky..Usb Tv Tuner + MAC OSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
Does anyone using TataSky thro USB TV Tuner . if yes how is the performance. Does that USB support MAC OSX. Planning to have USB TV Tuner for i Mac 20 inch to be used with Tata Sky. TIA for Feedback/opinion.

Note: In case if OS X support is not in par with win7 then i can use USB TV Tuner in i Mac with Windows 7 . i Mac Intel core duo has dual boot.
I may be OT here - but I like to know what you are trying? Basically I did not understand Tata Sky and USB TV Tuner connections. Are you feeding modulated TS box RF signal (VHF) to USB TV Tuner card? and which you are unable to tune in? Is there some other connection type also possible?

If my assumptions are correct then signal modulated over RF (analog) will be anyway degraded? Now second question, USB Tuner performance under certain OS is dependent on underline driver, so I have no answer for that.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:36   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone noticed that the volume on Tatasky has dropped. In both my houses and multiroom packages, i have observed that the volume has dropped by 50%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks