Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 12:43   #196
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Hi Tejas, never noticed this it works perfectly fine. By they way when did you notice this ?
Old 5th April 2011, 13:00   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Hi Tejas, never noticed this it works perfectly fine. By they way when did you notice this ?
Since 10 days approximately. I have to set the set top box volume on max and tv on more than 50%.

Happens on regular tata sky, tata sky plus and tata sky plus HD boxes.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:02   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Has anyone noticed that the volume on Tatasky has dropped. In both my houses and multiroom packages, i have observed that the volume has dropped by 50%.
Tejas, I am not sure if this is a coincidence, I also saw that the volume is not upto the expected level for the past 5 days. I have a Tata sky HD+ connection and the sound quality with Discovery and NGC use to be awesome. Somehow I am not getting the same kind of feel in the last 5 days. I thought it was just my ears that are playing trick.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:08   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

anybody faced this with the HD box, that the remote doesnt work for intitial 5-10 minutes?
The remote blinks, but the box doesnt receive any signal.
For approximately 20 flashes on the rmeote, one gets through.
post that intitial period it works fine
Old 5th April 2011, 13:34   #200
Senior - BHPian

I also face a problem with the remote occasionally.

Mine is a basic Tata Sky connection - no HD, no recording.

Sometimes the set top box (STB) stops responding to any commands from the remote. The red LED on STB glows when some button on the remote is pressed - meaning the STB receives the commands from the remote, but is not able to process them.

Remedy/workaround - wait for 1 minute or switch off the STB. Surprisingly, the STB responds to switch off command from the remote even in this condition.

Rohan
Old 5th April 2011, 13:42   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Since 10 days approximately. I have to set the set top box volume on max and tv on more than 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Tejas, I am not sure if this is a coincidence, I also saw that the volume is not upto the expected level for the past 5 days. I have a Tata sky HD+ connection and the sound quality with Discovery and NGC use to be awesome. Somehow I am not getting the same kind of feel in the last 5 days. I thought it was just my ears that are playing trick.
Ohh man, am I missing something here . Even I do keep my set top box vol to max and adjust TV vol, let me check once I'm at home today. May be other Tata Sky subscribers on the forum can share their observation.

Cheers !!!

Last edited by Milestone : 5th April 2011 at 13:44.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:50   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the volume on Tatasky has dropped. In both my houses and multiroom packages, i have observed that the volume has dropped by 50%.
Yes. I noticed that. earlier I thought that my TV is the culprit. Now a days, I have to keep the remote volume at full + some TV remote volume to hear clearly.
Old 5th April 2011, 14:00   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Mine is a basic Tata Sky connection - no HD, no recording.

Sometimes the set top box (STB) stops responding to any commands from the remote. The red LED on STB glows when some button on the remote is pressed - meaning the STB receives the commands from the remote, but is not able to process them.

Remedy/workaround - wait for 1 minute or switch off the STB. Surprisingly, the STB responds to switch off command from the remote even in this condition.

Rohan
something wrong with the box only.
I replaced the remote twice, tried my earlier remote, same problem!
I even made a video(which required some considerable gymnastics, trust me), and shot it off to tatasky guys, but no acknowledgement.
Its pathetic, you rush to your room to catch somethin, and find out you cant even switch channels!!
Old 5th April 2011, 14:04   #204
Senior - BHPian

I am having issues with the volume too. Have to keep the volume on the tv and the settop box to almost max these days. What could be the issue?
Old 5th April 2011, 14:16   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

I have faced the following problems in the last 6 months of usage of Tata Sky HD.

1. Recently, when I switch to some channels (more often channel 413), the remote doesn't work for some 1 minute or so. After that it works fine.

2. This is not a major problem but I feel the normal Tata Sky interface is much better and faster than the HD interface.

3. A common problem during rains, signals are not recieved. Recently I came across a method to troubleshoot this.
The Tata Sky Thread-14234534.jpg
I'll try to do this, during the coming weekend.
Old 5th April 2011, 14:23   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

^^413 is start cricket hd, no?
i think the lag is because of the coordination happening with active services.
Happens to me too, but not for as long as aminute.

As for the umbrella, i think the problem is higher up in the sky.
but hey,try it.If it works, lemme know...
Old 5th April 2011, 14:46   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
3. A common problem during rains, signals are not recieved. Recently I came across a method to troubleshoot this.
Attachment 527410
i seriously wouldn't recommend that. you'll be blocking the bounce from the dish to the LNBF.

Quote:

haven't seen this problem on our TS+. TV volume is at 25% and TS+ varies between 10% to 40%. i usually keep it at three bars (on the volume display thingy).
Old 5th April 2011, 14:48   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

413 is star cricket
414 is star cricket HD

I face this problem only with 413. Yes, The active sports can be the reason for this. But with the world cup finished, this problem is solved atleast for a while.

The umbrella might work because many a times my neighbour recieves the signals during rains and I do not recieve since his dish is slightly in the shade and mine is in the open.
If it works, I will surely post it here.
Old 5th April 2011, 14:49   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Does this happen when a "code with blue background" (relatively small in size) appearing on the screen? I have observed the same problem and the remote responds once this code disappears, till the time code is there on the screen none of the function on remote works, I haven’t checked the power on/off though. Just check your are facing the problem when code is appearing..

Quote:

1. Recently, when I switch to some channels (more often channel 413), the remote doesn't work for some 1 minute or so. After that it works fine.

Let us know how did it work after adding umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
^^413 is start cricket hd, no?
i think the lag is because of the coordination happening with active services.
Happens to me too, but not for as long as aminute.
Correctly said by Mayank, it’s because of active service is enabled for this channel. It’s not only with 413, other channels like NDTV Good Times etc. respond with delay.

Cheers !!!
Old 5th April 2011, 16:24   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I have faced the following problems in the last 6 months of usage of Tata Sky HD.

If Active services synch up happening or STB code displayed over screen, this thing happens.

Quote:
Attachment 527410
That umbrella might help that guy whose setup is in picture. But I am not sure about you. Because if you closely see the picture, the roof water is falling on LNBC. That prevented reflected signal from dish entering to be picked up at LNBC. So it might have helped in that setup. LNBC itself cased in weather proof plastic body, only signal obstruction needs to be prevented.
But if your neighbor receives signal and you don't, then align your dish properly. Three settings are there - azimuthal (horizontal), elevation (vertical), and polarity of LNBC (rotate about its own axis). Other than dish setting following things increase signal loss. Wire terminals may be loosely connected or corroded or wire core itself may be exposed to moister. Last but not least, wire coming to STB must not be coiled. IT must be straight and smaller in length.

Last edited by omishra : 5th April 2011 at 16:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks