Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:43   #241

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Anyone else facing an issue with sound going off for a few seconds on the HD channels? Happening every 15-20 min since the past couple of days.

Ditto here does not happen all the time or on any specific channels, but I have noticed this very recently, have to try doing a factory reset one... .?

Did anyone else got a solution for this ?

Regards,
Kamalnv
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:16   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalnv View Post
Ditto here does not happen all the time or on any specific channels, but I have noticed this very recently, have to try doing a factory reset one... .?

Did anyone else got a solution for this ?

Regards,
Kamalnv
I also noticed this on HD channels like Star Plus HD and Set Max HD.
From the problem it looks like digital encoding issues at source only. No point in digging our equipments. Just log a complaint to CC and wait. Earlier it used to make intermittent sputtering sound. Now after firmware upgrade, complete interruption for few dialogs.

Last edited by omishra : 2nd May 2011 at 14:19.
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:46   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

This issue mysteriously disappeared without me doing anything. Just happened for a few of days. No issue since the past week.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:39   #244
Senior - BHPian

I've faced problems with tata sky HD too. While watching NG or Discovery in HD sometimes i can barely hear the second person speak (when there is one narrating through the documentary and another is expressing his opinion etc.) anyone else facing the same problem ??
Old 13th May 2011, 20:08   #245
Senior - BHPian

Tata sky is really driving me to nuts.

I amsto renew my annual subscription at the end of this month and was browsing through the website for the channel packages. They have changed everything on the packages & increased the cost. The min monthly packaage starts at 150 pm and has alomost nothing in it. So if I were to choose individual packs then the cost per month is exceeding 350/- and if choose the packages then I dont get anything meaningful. Is this a deliberate move by Tata Sky.

I am thinking of going to a new service provider, any suggestions.
Old 13th May 2011, 21:17   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

I amsto renew my annual subscription at the end of this month and was browsing through the website for the channel packages. They have changed everything on the packages & increased the cost. The min monthly packaage starts at 150 pm and has alomost nothing in it. So if I were to choose individual packs then the cost per month is exceeding 350/- and if choose the packages then I dont get anything meaningful. Is this a deliberate move by Tata Sky.

Tata Sky is still the best. My son got a Dish TV HD for world cup football, but Tata Sky had better picture. So now we have retired the Dish TV and upgraded to Tata Sky HD+. The best part of HD is that cricket comes without any advertisements!

I found that annual mega pack is best though a bit expensive. For our second box we pay only 150/month.
Old 13th May 2011, 21:27   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

you'll be hard pressed!!
believe me.
others have bad picture/patchy service/useless interface...one or a combination or ALL of the above.

package, did you try the mini mega pack or something.
I used the megapack.
its slightly expensive, but at least no headaches, and 12 free movies, and all new channels get added automatically.
started an RD for it to not feel the pinch of 6k in one go...
Old 13th May 2011, 22:15   #248
Senior - BHPian

anybody notice how the remote doesn't seem to work when 00790CE shows up on your screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I used the megapack.
its slightly expensive, but at least no headaches, and 12 free movies, and all new channels get added automatically.
started an RD for it to not feel the pinch of 6k in one go...
hey, i got Megapack too!!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 13th May 2011 at 22:17.
Old 14th May 2011, 16:33   #249
BHPian

Re: TATA Sky HD ....Only a lot of hype

Well do you remember those classy ads featuring Aamir Khan during the world cup trying to promote TATA Sky HD.

Those HD boxes are actually not available and the company is thinking of relaunching them!
Old 14th May 2011, 17:34   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: TATA Sky HD ....Only a lot of hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
anybody notice how the remote doesn't seem to work when 00790CE shows up on your screen?

hey, i got Megapack too!!

isnt it just much better?
peace.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Well do you remember those classy ads featuring Aamir Khan during the world cup trying to promote TATA Sky HD.

Those HD boxes are actually not available and the company is thinking of relaunching them!
eh?
really?
i will jump off a cliff if they change the interface and relaunch it....
especially to access the recordings, its the WORST method!!!
tatasky plus was MUCH better!!
Old 4th June 2011, 21:18   #251
Senior - BHPian

Tata sky wont allow you to watch NG or discovery in English unless you are subscribed to a state pack or upwards! I seriously don't see any logic in this! If you are subscribed to any low value packs you are forced to watch the above mentioned channel in hindi/tamil/telugu and bengali

PS: I experienced problems on the above mentioned channels, not sure about other channels
Old 5th June 2011, 11:08   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You need to have a relook at the package of the top competitors to Tata Sky. Just visit their website for package details. Even I found that the packages offered by TATA Sky were just an eyewash to push people into higher annual packages.

Technically speaking DVB2 is the best Satellite Broadcasting technology available currently in this world.

Last edited by dadu : 5th June 2011 at 11:13.
Old 5th June 2011, 19:30   #253
Senior - BHPian

Due to the strong winds in Bangalore last week, my Tata Sky dish got misaligned. Because of this misalignment, the signal strength in the set top box reduced and video became jerky.

I called up Tata Sky customer care on Saturday afternoon. The Tata Sky technician was at my doorstep within 1 hour.

This is not the only occasion when the Tata Sky customer care was so prompt. When I shifted my residence a few months back, I called the customer care and the technician came within 1 hour.

I agree that Tata Sky subscription charges are a bit on the higher side, but I don't mind it as long as the service provided is excellent.

@ ghodlur - please don't get carried away by the low subscription charges of other DTH providers. They compensate by providing horrible service.

Rohan
Old 6th June 2011, 12:55   #254
Senior - BHPian

Just got the Tata Sky annual subscription renewed. My last years package itself was renewed. Total cost 3925/- . This includes a total of 135 channels (I guess).

Since the monsoons have started, I am sure the reception is going to be affected.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:53   #255
Senior - BHPian

Yeah whats with the remote not working when that code comes up on the screen?
Also, with the rains onset, only the normal Settop box has issues with reception. The HD service does not get affected. Is it only my observation?

Most Viewed