Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 20:34   #271
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

My connection stopped working yesterday morning due to no signal issue. Logged a call at 3 pm and got a ticket number that technician will visit. Called today again at 3pm and was told that technician will visit by 7pm after calling.

No calls came and no technician came. Called again at 8pm today

Was given a logic that since STB is out of stock, they will come on 14th to check the same. When asked them as to why they are waiting for STB, they mentioned that the box is faulty and they need to replace it. When asked as how can they say the box is faulty without physically checking the same?

As usual, they had no answer. Now they will talk to the Field technician and call me tomorrow for the same.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:23   #272
BHPian

Can anybody share contact details of any higher authority in Tata sky where I can escalate my issue?
Old 13th July 2011, 16:37   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Can anybody share contact details of any higher authority in Tata sky where I can escalate my issue?
Just write a mail to the customer care email id mentioned in their website. Make sure to write a bad mail and some one will surely call you from Hyderabad. I did the same and got a call back. Nothing good really happened but I did spit all my anger.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 19:59   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Just write a mail to the customer care email id mentioned in their website. Make sure to write a bad mail and some one will surely call you from Hyderabad. I did the same and got a call back. Nothing good really happened but I did spit all my anger.
I did that today and got a call. They sent the field engineer and he adjusted the disc and it started working.
They did not have an answer when I asked them as to why did they say that the STB was faulty without even checking it.
Old 13th July 2011, 20:44   #275
BHPian

Abeer, send your complaints to the following ids along with help @ tatasky.com

ap @ trai.gov.in
nodalofficer @ tatasky.com
vikramm @ tatasky.com
rajaramr @ tatasky.com
raseshp @ tatasky.com

You'll see the results in 12-24 hours.
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 22:11   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I did that today and got a call. They sent the field engineer and he adjusted the disc and it started working.
They did not have an answer when I asked them as to why did they say that the STB was faulty without even checking it.
Good to know that the problem is fixed. At least Tata sky is good at returning a call after receiving the mail. Few other biggies just do not.
Old 21st July 2011, 22:32   #277
Senior - BHPian

Bought the Tata Sky HD for 2599/- with 1 month subscription(Grand sports) free. And it seems HD pack price has been increased to Rs.75 and there's still no Movies Now HD or ESPN HD!
Old 4th November 2011, 11:55   #278
Senior - BHPian

There was an offer last weekend where they were giving the TataSky HD+ for only 4000 - inclusive of 2000 being credited into your account. This effectively makes the HD+ available for a good price of 2000. Placed an order - waiting for the HD channels to get activated.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:24   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
There was an offer last weekend where they were giving the TataSky HD+ for only 4000 - inclusive of 2000 being credited into your account. This effectively makes the HD+ available for a good price of 2000. Placed an order - waiting for the HD channels to get activated.
It was only a one-day offer on saturday. the normal HD box was available for Rs 1300/-
I called them on saturday and they told they'll arrange a call back but that didn't happen.
I called on monday and asked them and they told me that the offer expired. But later When i raised my voice, they gave the offer.

On November 1st I got the HD+ box and yesterday got the 200 refunded into my account

Just last week, my earlier HD box was replaced because of some problem with the HDMI port of the STB.
Now i have a HD and HD+ box...Waiting for my second TV before I can get both the boxes activated

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 4th November 2011 at 12:25.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:30   #280
BHPian

The channel 182 (SVBC) and few other channels works only from 3.00 am to 9.00 am for no good reasons. After I contacted the customer care, they replied that they are checking the viewership and TRP.
The SVBC is also available in active darshan but very inconvenient for my senior family members as the screen is only half.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:06   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It was only a one-day offer on saturday. the normal HD box was available for Rs 1300/-
I called them on saturday and they told they'll arrange a call back but that didn't happen.
I called on monday and asked them and they told me that the offer expired. But later When i raised my voice, they gave the offer.

On November 1st I got the HD+ box and yesterday got the 200 refunded into my account

Just last week, my earlier HD box was replaced because of some problem with the HDMI port of the STB.
Now i have a HD and HD+ box...Waiting for my second TV before I can get both the boxes activated
Good for you. But did you get 2000 into your account or was it 200? I am still waiting for them to credit into my account so not sure.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:12   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Good for you. But did you get 2000 into your account or was it 200? I am still waiting for them to credit into my account so not sure.
My key board needs replacement here ...I missed a zero it was indeed 2000 and not 200
Old 4th November 2011, 15:31   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My key board needs replacement here ...I missed a zero it was indeed 2000 and not 200
Hahahaha, you gave me a minor heart-attack there. I suddenly thought that in my excitement to get the offer, I conveniently forgot to ask for more details. Scary!
Old 5th November 2011, 15:00   #284
BHPian

I have been with Tata Sky for more than 5 years now. Has been a trouble free experience so far barring the time few months ago when I got really agitated with them for not showing Zee Sports / Ten Action. Thankfully it got done and I decided to stay with them. I also got a letter stating that I have been designated a premium customer and will not need to pay any charges for service visit etc.

But the trouble starts now. I bought an HD+ box in September under the 6-EMI offer on my HDFC credit card. However I was shocked to find that the total amount was charged to my card and despite several emails and phonecalls, no one has bothered to try and resolve the issue. I did get couple of phone calls (one from a Hyderabad no as well) but nothing seems to be happening.

I have an email from their customer care which explicitly states that they have incorrectly charged full amount on my card and will refund the amount with in 7 working days and then do the transaction afresh. This was more than a month ago but still no action. I haven't found the time to chase them up since I was travelling overseas. But still it is pathetic to ignore a customer's emails and phone calls when you have admitted your fault.

I am seriously mad at them and this isn't even about the EMI thing or a few rupees savings. I sent an email to their nodal office for Delhi/Haryana but no response from him either for the last 7-8 days. What to do now? Or I will chuck their boxes out as soon as my Mega pack expires in a couple of months.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 5th November 2011 at 15:13.
Old 9th November 2011, 15:08   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
But the trouble starts now. I bought an HD+ box in September under the 6-EMI offer on my HDFC credit card. However I was shocked to find that the total amount was charged to my card and despite several emails and phonecalls, no one has bothered to try and resolve the issue. I did get couple of phone calls (one from a Hyderabad no as well) but nothing seems to be happening.
I too have been a Tata Sky customer for 5 years and also had a great experience with them till now except for minor hiccups. In your above case, i dont see a problem, even if TS charged the full amount, you can call HDFC and get the amount converted to 6-Month EMI within 30 days of your purchase? Can't you?

Today, I took the decision of moving from the conventional box to HD and have ordered for Tata Sky HD+ and paid Rs.3999. What I'll get is :-

1. Rs.300 credit back to my account since i will be handing over my existing box to them

2. Free Installation and it comes with the set-top Box, HDMI cable and remote

3. Till 60 days, HD Gold Channel pack is FREE consisting of 8-channels. Further to 2 months, its Rs.75/month

4. The set-top box comes with 625 hours worth of recording. Cant wait to record all my favorite TG, NG, Discovery shows

They promised to install it within 48 hours. Let's see how it goes......

Most Viewed