Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 14:57   #331
BHPian

Re: Not possible to renew annual pack in advance on TataSky

Yes that is true though it is not mentioned anywhere. Otherthing is that you can not renew the pack if the same pack is not available at the time of renewal. So if Tata sky withdraws this pack, you will have to go with a pack that is available.

I'm currently on State pack which is not offered anymore, so at the time of renewal I have to go for a different package. This is what they say. I understand that if I do not renew it, the current package will continue with a daily deduction from the balance.
Old 15th February 2012, 14:59   #332
Team-BHP Support

Generally, the call center starts calling you up when a couple of days are left. they also send you SMS to remind you of the approaching deadline. Yes though, you can't extend your Annual Megapack till it ends.

However, if you are very keen and are also willing to take some extra hassles to achieve this end then there does exist a roundabout way (I dont know though why one would want to do this!). Call them up and tell them that you do not want to continue with your current pack and want to cease it and go to the general daily rate for the base pack. They will refund you the remaining amount on a pro-rata basis. Now ask them to subscribe you once again (if required give a day's break) to the same pack with next 1 year's validity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Yes that is true though it is not mentioned anywhere. Otherthing is that you can not renew the pack if the same pack is not available at the time of renewal. So if Tata sky withdraws this pack, you will have to go with a pack that is available.

I'm currently on State pack which is not offered anymore, so at the time of renewal I have to go for a different package. This is what they say. I understand that if I do not renew it, the current package will continue with a daily deduction from the balance.
This may not be entirely true. I am subscribed to a set of packs which ceased to exist along with with the dynosaurs. However, I keep updating the same pack over and over without a hitch. And they do know it but they do not object. Looks like the system does not allow anyone to select the old packs (grayed out, I assume) however, if its is already selected in an account then the extension keeps happening. My Cosmo Pack, Lifestyle pack and a few more in my account are of this category.

Last edited by Zappo : 15th February 2012 at 15:08. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 15th February 2012, 15:12   #333
BANNED

Re: Not possible to renew annual pack in advance on TataSky

@Zappo; What you suggest may not be possible since even with the annual multi-room I have more than Rs.6300 with them!
Old 15th February 2012, 15:29   #334
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Another thing is that when we take an addon pack, it continues at that price atleast for 6 months from activation of the pack, even if the pack rates change. I took English movies pack in Aug 2011 for Rs.45 a month. The rate was revised to Rs.60 later. The pack continued at Rs.45 for me till Feb 1st week and I got a message saying it is revised. When contacted, they said the price is revised later and was applicable after six months from activation to those who subscribed at earlier price, so your account is revised now.
Old 15th February 2012, 15:53   #335
BANNED

Logically, there should be a window of about one month of overlap in which you can renew before the expiry of the old one. Also, as they claim there is no possibility of renewing before expiry then even the calls from service may be of no use.
Old 10th February 2013, 12:27   #336
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,
I need some help here in understanding this Tata Sky's pricing.
I am an existing Tata Sky customer for the last couple of years with a standard set-top box.
Now, i am planning to upgrade to a HD box and here is the pricing i was offered by the customer care.
Exchange to HD box - 2599/- + Annual Grand Sports Pack - 4500/- Total = 7100/-
BUT, for a new customer, the above + 4 showcase movies + 500/- gift voucher from Myntra costs 6459/-
Even if you leave all the extras, it is a good 650/- cheaper inspite of me already having the dish, cabling and everything.
I mean, what is wrong with Tata Sky? Or, am i missing something here?
Anybody has any further info on this, would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Deepak
Old 10th February 2013, 12:52   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Exchange to HD box - 2599/- + Annual Grand Sports Pack - 4500/- Total = 7100/-
BUT, for a new customer, the above + 4 showcase movies + 500/- gift voucher from Myntra costs 6459/-
Even if you leave all the extras, it is a good 650/- cheaper inspite of me already having the dish, cabling and everything.
I mean, what is wrong with Tata Sky? Or, am i missing something here?
Anybody has any further info on this, would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Deepak
Check these links Deepak:

http://www.tatasky.com/directSalesTataSkyhd.do

http://tatasky.com/hd/what-will-cost.html

I think they have offers with myntra so the discounts are effectively from Tatasky.

Also the 2599 vs 2829 is basically the 330 they give back for old set top box.
Old 10th February 2013, 13:21   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Check these links Deepak:

http://www.tatasky.com/directSalesTataSkyhd.do

http://tatasky.com/hd/what-will-cost.html

I think they have offers with myntra so the discounts are effectively from Tatasky.

Also the 2599 vs 2829 is basically the 330 they give back for old set top box.
Thanks a lot for the links Vidyut!
But i still don't get it. I understand the pricing of their set top boxes and that for an existing customer, it is 330Rs cheaper.
However, i see a different pricing even for their channel packages.
Have a look at their offer for a new customer (Picture from tatasky.com website)
The Tata Sky Thread-tatasky_offer.png
If i buy this package on their website, it is 4510/- + for exchange to HD box - 2599/- It doesn't add up. Does it?
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 11th February 2013, 19:31   #339
Senior - BHPian

Tata Sky has all sorts of schemes which come and go.

I waited till their exchange was lucrative and upgraded to HD+.

The channel pricing is pretty confusing. I have gone for the annual megapack on two TV's at home. As I need a couple of channels from each pack.
Old 12th February 2013, 17:11   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

I have renewed my Tata Sky Annual package a week ago by paying Rs.5000.

It includes all HD channels that are currently aired as well as new additions they add during the year.

My base pack is "Dhamaal Pack" which has all entertainment, lifestyle, english movie channels etc. However, it does not include regional channels which we anyhow dont watch.

Rs.5000 re-charge works for 13 months

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th February 2013 at 22:09.
Old 12th February 2013, 18:12   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

anybody gone to VoD over wifi? and can you tell us the process for it?
Old 12th February 2013, 20:31   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
anybody gone to VoD over wifi? and can you tell us the process for it?
You'll have to buy an ethernet over wifi adapter. The ethernet cable from tata sky box will connect to this adapter which will communicate via wifi with your wifi router. Costs around 1200 rupees , is available with Tatasky.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:27   #343
BHPian

Experience of my sister with tata sky in andheri. Guyies beware of tata sky repairmen :

My sister had called the tata sky repairman for some signal related problems. The guy came and told that some part in the dish is missing due to which the signals are not coming through.
My sister got suspicious. So she checked with the building security for the log of people who have entered the terrace by taking key from security and bingo she found that the last time terrace was opened by a tata sky repairman couple of days back.
Their modus operandi is simple they come to fix dish for one customer, mess up other customer’s dish and then take money from other customer to fix the issue. She complained about this to the tata sky customer care but they didn’t provide any solution and said it is the tata sky dealer’s issue.

After realizing this theft she contacted me and I gave her few email id’s of top ranking management at tata sky (found on this thread). She sent out a stinger email to the chief marketing office and within 10 minutes the executive assistant called her up. They offered to replace the dish free of cost and free subscription of 3 months to resolve the issue. My sister accepted the offer only after they promised that they will take strict action against the repairman. After that every week she gets a call from the executive assistant to check if everything is alright.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:32   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
You'll have to buy an ethernet over wifi adapter. The ethernet cable from tata sky box will connect to this adapter which will communicate via wifi with your wifi router. Costs around 1200 rupees , is available with Tatasky.
the dongle from Tata itself is available for 300 bucks now.
However, the choice of content available on VoD makes you feel that even that 300 would have been better utilised renting out some movies.
Absolutely useless content.

Even the stuff you have to pay for is ancient, or unnecessary.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:27   #345
Senior - BHPian

Guys, thinking of upgrading to TataSky+ HD box. Currently have the TataSky+ SD box. Do I need to subscribe to Annual Mega HD pack or can I still continue with my Mega SD pack? I don't need the additional HD channels available with them right now.

Also, any idea how much is the HD box with recording?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks