Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 13:24   #376
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I just received SMS saying TEN HD is available and since I have a Mega pack, it will be free for me.
Thanks! I will check it out today if it's available for me too.
But, seriously though, Ten sports is a sheer waste, there aren't any good matches on it as far as Cricket is concerned.

Update, just received an SMS from Tata Sky, TEN HD is available from today on Channel no. 408.

Last edited by teemus : 8th October 2013 at 13:52. Reason: additional information
Old 8th October 2013, 13:38   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Actually this is strange. I thought it was extra but liked the premier hd so opted for it, strangely though it said 60 rs per month no money was deducted. I am on the mega pack too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Same here. I didnt have any deductions as well, and the channel is available on all 3 HD boxes.
Its just a matter of time. Recently when I purchased the wifi dongle for ₹301; the deduction happened a month after I got the dongle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
But I think everyone is charging for that channel, so I don't think Tata sky is doing anything unusual. Also that mail said that TEN HD is going to come soon. At last, a new addition on HD from them...
Everyone else may be charging, but I don't know if everyone had promised.
The mention of Ten HD is just a consolation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_convert View Post
Bunch of liars!
It's quite sad that they lie outright and we can't do anything about it!
Just so that nobody does anything to them, they have added it into a new category(Specials) and not as just another channel.
and in the '*' they have mentioned "specials not included"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I also have a Mega HD pack and was surprised to find that Star Premiere HD is not available for me without subscription.

So went to Tata Sky website to check the conditions for Mega HD pack and surprisingly they have now CHANGED the condition where it says ANY new channels will be added free to any new SD channels will be added free, which is contradictory to what is in the mail, which clearly states that Ten HD will be added to the Mega pack!!
Just a matter of convenience... I can relate an old punch line of Mirinda to this "Zor ka jhatka, dheere se lage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
That's strange. Because I remember reading somewhere (probably on their promo channel #100) that only SD channels are a part of Mega Pack & insured for the entire year.
Infact that's exactly why I did not opt for it, instead went in for grand sports pack + hd add-on. I get all the channels I want in this.
Plus, I have learnt to live with these 'tactics' of introducing packs under new categories & not including them under the yearly pack; by not opting for them.
Most of the shows that are premiering on star world premiere hd, are soon going to be available on star world hd (eg. Castle). So I'll prefer waiting a bit rather than spending an additional amount for 'premiere' airings.
"Only SD" channels being insured for a year is a latest change to their conditions (this year).
It was "all SD & HD" earlier (except topper channel). Look at the mail that I received last year...
The Tata Sky Thread-noname.jpg
Old 8th October 2013, 13:59   #378
BHPian

I have a Tata Sky HD+ Box. The SD on it is crappy. It makes me feel I am watching a low grade downloaded copy. Anyone else feels the same?

Also, if you happen to have both Airtel and Tata Sky then you would know that there is a lag in Tata Sky.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:50   #379
BHPian

I encountered an odd issue a few days back when the audio for NDTV Good Times was stuck in Hindi. I tried changing it to English but it was still in Hindi. Had to watch the whole episode of Highway on my plate like that!
Old 8th October 2013, 17:15   #380
Senior - BHPian

For the last 15 days my HD channels are not working. I can hear the audio at times and at times its totally silent. The video comes and goes. Called up helpline and yet to get a response.
Old 8th October 2013, 19:40   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Its just a matter of time. Recently when I purchased the wifi dongle for ₹301; the deduction happened a month after I got the dongle.
Been planning to go in for the wifi dongle too. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 8th October 2013, 20:06   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Been planning to go in for the wifi dongle too. Any feedback would be appreciated.
It's useless. Content offered is shoddy.
Even if you have to, buy one of the online ones that cost 150 odd. Configuration is carried out automatically by the stb.
Old 8th October 2013, 20:38   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It's useless. Content offered is shoddy.
Even if you have to, buy one of the online ones that cost 150 odd. Configuration is carried out automatically by the stb.
Thanks mayankk. Will hang on unless the content improves then, anyways hardly get time to watch TV. When i do it had better be good content
Old 8th October 2013, 20:55   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mayankk. Will hang on unless the content improves then, anyways hardly get time to watch TV. When i do it had better be good content
Not only the content but the download rate is also really slow. I'll not recommend this, atleast now.
Old 13th October 2013, 13:48   #385

Quote:
I received a mail from Tata Sky. It was about the new channel star premiere HD.
I have the Annual mega pack and as per the Annual mega pack, any new channels added will be a part of the package.
But Tata sky has come up with a brilliant idea...they have created a new category called SPECIALS and this channel will be the first of those so called specials.
Now this category SPECIALS will not be part of Mega pack and people who want this channel have to subscribe to it separately.
They have changed things according it to their convenience and the promise of adding any new channel to the Mega pack was nothing but a false and hollow one.
Whoever told "tata" was a trustworthy name, sigh!
Anand,

this is rediculous ... Annual package was to have all HD Channels Current and upcoming, this was exactly what was promised to me when i went through it. I have annual subscriber since 2+ years and all new channels(Both SD & HD) were added in my package i was surprised to see a new category called Specials which is nearly cheating or so called Business Strategy !!! I am not a big fan of US Channels but the fact that they are defiying their promise is not a good indicator.... i have already loged a complaint with TS.. you should do the same...

Last year when i asked why there is a increase in Annual cost their justification was that they added New Channels... I am sure this renewal as well they will increase cost but without providing new channels in the annual package.

this is in addition that i am already frustrated of TSHD+ Boxes not supporting HDMI - CEC which even the basic version of Airtel HD Box supports...

Not sure i will be a long time subscriber of TS....
Old 13th October 2013, 17:39   #386
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
I received a mail from Tata Sky. It was about the new channel star premiere HD. I have the Annual mega pack and as per the Annual mega pack, any new channels added will be a part of the package. But Tata sky has come up with a brilliant idea...they have created a new category called SPECIALS and this channel will be the first of those so called specials. Now this category SPECIALS will not be part of Mega pack and people who want this channel have to subscribe to it separately. They have changed things according it to their convenience and the promise of adding any new channel to the Mega pack was nothing but a false and hollow one. Whoever told "tata" was a trustworthy name, sigh!
Even I am highly displeased at this since I have been a subscriber since 2005 or 2006 or something and have long ago upgraded both the TV's to HD Plus as well. I always buy the super mega annual pack when renewing and indeed have only subscribed to this pack because I was told at the time that I would always get any new HD channel automatically! Now they appear to have changed these rules.

I created a ruckus in their helpline and as an old, supposedly privileged customer I did not even get an email, letter or call back. While we all know that the 'deals' are always changeable at their discretion, I feel this is tantamount to cheap cheating tactics and taking consumers for granted. I feel like chucking Tata Sky out and going for some other box, but do not wish to waste the Cap Ex that I ve already sunk in this!

Especially considering that my wife and I are no longer very regular TV watchers except for MasterChef and a couple of programs on FX, like Spooks. Now that our favourite BBC has been pulled off nearly one year ago, I have nothing that interests me on TV. I wish there were some channel which would get the TopGear content for us aficionados but am not aware of any solution to this.

Hence I end up trolling for it on youtube and watching on my iPad or buying the DVDs of the more specific and interesting episodes. Bottom line, Tata Sky has cheated us and have eroded all the goodwill that I had for them earlier.

They are scum, thieves and rogues and typical shortsighted bean-counter methods like these, wont take them far!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th October 2013 at 17:40.
Old 20th October 2013, 14:12   #387
BHPian

Total pathetic service from Tata Sky

I upgraded my SD set top box to an HD+ one.
The installation guy installed on Friday morning and could not get it to work.

He left saying some server sync up needs to be done so it will work within 30 min.
3 days and its still not working.

Multiple tickets logged , everytime a different person comes and gives a confirmation it will be fixed. So far no resolution.

My advice to others - Do not sign off on the installation form until everything is working. That was my mistake.
Old 20th October 2013, 14:22   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

They are scum, thieves and rogues and typical shortsighted bean-counter methods like these, wont take them far!
Completely agree. I upgraded to HD on 21st Sep after 7 years with SD. While taking HD Mega Pack, I was told that Star world premiere would be part of the pack. Still they refused to honour the same when the channel was launched 2 days later. Lodging complaints on phone/email didn't help either. None of the replies from customer service capture any response to my complaint of mis selling and they choose to remain silent on it.

The attitude sucks.

Last edited by bloodred : 20th October 2013 at 14:26.
Old 26th October 2013, 22:23   #389
Senior - BHPian

Team,

I am facing No signal issue on TS HD. It has been two days. It is not raining in PUNE today.

Anyone else facing the same issue ?
Old 27th October 2013, 08:06   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,

I am facing No signal issue on TS HD. It has been two days. It is not raining in PUNE today.

Anyone else facing the same issue ?
Check the dish. It would have been turned accidentally if people can move around the place where its fixed. or the LNB would have been misaligned or worst case, the LNB would have been spoilt (it costs around 500 i guess). I have faced the "no signal" problem because of all the above reasons apart from cloudy/rainy weather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks