Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 09:13   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Check the dish. It would have been turned accidentally if people can move around the place where its fixed. or the LNB would have been misaligned or worst case, the LNB would have been spoilt (it costs around 500 i guess). I have faced the "no signal" problem because of all the above reasons apart from cloudy/rainy weather
Well, as expected there was cloud cover over pune last night.

Zinga la la, tata sky doesnt work. I watch TV only on the weekend, wanted to watch 24 on colors HD.

It rained on friday night, and there is cloud cover last night.

Today morning I am receiving signal.

Pretty poor technology in use by TATA SKY.
Old 11th November 2013, 09:35   #392
BHPian

I'm facing a peculiar issue for the last few days with my Tata Sky+ HD connection. I'm frequently getting the below message and i'm unable to record nor go to any of the menu options related to recording function including the 'Plan' option.

The message is " Disk is powering up from Energy saving mode. Please wait..". The issue gets resolved when i switch off the power and on the stb again. But, this is not always. Sometimes, the issue remains even after restarting the stb. Any points or possible suggestions. Thanks.
Old 11th November 2013, 16:56   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
The message is " Disk is powering up from Energy saving mode. Please wait..". The issue gets resolved when i switch off the power and on the stb again. But, this is not always. Sometimes, the issue remains even after restarting the stb. Any points or possible suggestions. Thanks.
even i am facing the same problem since 3-4 days .
Old 11th November 2013, 17:20   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm facing a peculiar issue for the last few days with my Tata Sky+ HD connection. I'm frequently getting the below message and i'm unable to record nor go to any of the menu options related to recording function including the 'Plan' option.

i was also facing the same problem for quite sometime , there is a master reset option in organizer i did that and the problem did not reoccur for the past week.
It does not delete the recorded programs only settings are reset.
Old 11th November 2013, 17:47   #395
Team-BHP Support

Tata sky has been bugging me with their ethics for quite some time now. I had a problem where History and a few other channels would suddenly disappear and I get a Channel Not Subscribed message. Sometimes if I hold on it makes back an entry. Sometimes it does not. I called TS and they sent a technician. Of course the problem did not show up for a while and then again it came and went off on its own while the tech guy just kept standing.

Finally, the technician went up to the terrace and came back and gave me some gibberish about the antenna orientation etc. When asked how come the antenna is misoriented only for 1 channel in a bouquet of hundreds he had no convincing reply. On top of it they wanted to charge me for the work done. I simply refused and said that it is a problem at their end which is causing it and I will not pay for it as nothing is wrong at my end. They finally acquised to it but after some tech supervisor called me up and gave me a piece of his mind for not paying up.

The problem came back in less than 24 hours again. I never went back to them as I know they will again want to charge me for something about which they themselves have no clue forget about setting it right.

This is not the only one. They first sold a HD pack to me along with the box. Then suddenly changed the rules and said that even if you have the HD pack you still need to have the SD channel in your subscribed bouquet to get the HD channel! God knows what do they charge the separate Rs.100 for!

The STB by itself is so poor that that the power button on it went inside once it was pressed (generally I always used the remote). I never even bothered as the box is functional.

Latest is their scam with the Premiere HD channel which they want another Rs.60 for! Irrespective of their promises to add any new channels including channels to your portfolio if you are an Annual Subscriber to their HD mega pack they decided to con their users.

I have seen many such instances in the last couple of years and have slowly come to a conclusion that they have become too greedy for their own good! I am seriously contemplating a move over to the Videocon HD. They are affordable and also have the largest bouquet of HD channels. I amy do this real soon.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:29   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Tata sky has been bugging me with their ethics for quite some time now. I had a problem where History and a few other channels would suddenly disappear and I get a Channel Not Subscribed message. Sometimes if I hold on it makes back an entry. Sometimes it does not. I called TS and they sent a technician. Of course the problem did not show up for a while and then again it came and went off on its own while the tech guy just kept standing.
I have been having this issue with most of music channels ( series 600), history channel & star movies action. I guess this problem is not restricted to dish rather than their satellite network. Where are you located? I'm located in Bihar. In my area, Tatasky has a better service so i'm sticking to it.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:41   #397
Team-BHP Support

Guys is anyone having a problem with channels like CNN IBN? That and some other news channels are not coming on my grand fathers tv, haven't checked any other tvs in the house but they are all on the same subscriber id. It says the stb is not receiving signal, etc etc. Change to any other channel besides those and they work perfectly.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:54   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
.. there is a master reset option in organizer i did that and the problem did not reoccur for the past week..
Thanks for the suggestion. I also used the master reset option and the issue is not present now. Need to see if the issue pops up again or not. Thanks again.
Old 11th November 2013, 20:53   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post

i was also facing the same problem for quite sometime , there is a master reset option in organizer i did that and the problem did not reoccur for the past week.
It does not delete the recorded programs only settings are reset.
Thanks! I too had the same problem and now solved after the master reset
Old 11th November 2013, 22:42   #400
BHPian

Regarding the "No Signal" during rain, while the problem can be due to clouds this is not the entire reason. Rain drops that accumulate on your dish scatter the signal that bounces off from the dish to the receiver facing it.

There are workarounds to this, have any of you implemented these ?

Spray the dish with some anti water coating.
Checkout this post about how this guy tried it.
http://tv.about.com/od/cableandsatel...tellitePAM.htm

Products
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/k...e-Solution.htm

You also have mesh dishes which reduce the water accumulation
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cm-Technom...-/360512676541

Though I have not tried any of these thought of sharing this.
Old 11th November 2013, 23:51   #401
Mik
BHPian

I used to swear by Tata sky and their service. Have been a annual mega pack subscriber for many years. But, their recent star premiere as a seperate channel and then dropping Neo Sports has really pissed me off. Neo carried some good content like ATP tournaments, Davis Cup and ofcourse Bundesliga. I called them up and they just had a text book apology.
Once my current pack is over, I am switching to Airtel.
Old 12th November 2013, 09:43   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I also used the master reset option and the issue is not present now. Need to see if the issue pops up again or not. Thanks again.
The same issue came again today morning. Now, I need to raise a complaint with the customer service team. Thanks.
Old 12th November 2013, 09:46   #403
BHPian

Quote:
The same issue came again today morning. Now, I need to raise a complaint with the customer service team. Thanks.
I had the same problem, raised the problem with TS, the engineer came, he did master reset (I lost all my fav channel settings ). Now, the problem recurs, the engineer is coming again to do master reset and the story continues.
Old 12th November 2013, 11:04   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I used to swear by Tata sky and their service. Have been a annual mega pack subscriber for many years. But, their recent star premiere as a seperate channel and then dropping Neo Sports has really pissed me off. Neo carried some good content like ATP tournaments, Davis Cup and ofcourse Bundesliga. I called them up and they just had a text book apology.
Once my current pack is over, I am switching to Airtel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Tata sky has been bugging me with their ethics for quite some time now.
This is not the only one. They first sold a HD pack to me along with the box. Then suddenly changed the rules and said that even if you have the HD pack you still need to have the SD channel in your subscribed bouquet to get the HD channel! God knows what do they charge the separate Rs.100 for!

Latest is their scam with the Premiere HD channel which they want another Rs.60 for! Irrespective of their promises to add any new channels including channels to your portfolio if you are an Annual Subscriber to their HD mega pack they decided to con their users.

I have seen many such instances in the last couple of years and have slowly come to a conclusion that they have become too greedy for their own good! I am seriously contemplating a move over to the Videocon HD. They are affordable and also have the largest bouquet of HD channels. I amy do this real soon.
I've been a TataSky subscriber for years and the Star World Premiere thing pissed me off as well. However, when one thinks of switching, how does one know that the other DTH providers aren't the same in ethics and service issues or worse? The closest analogy I can think of is a bad experience with Honda making one switch to Skoda.

Does anyone know for sure if the other DTH companies are better?
Old 12th November 2013, 11:09   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The closest analogy I can think of is a bad experience with Honda making one switch to Skoda.
Bang on (I'm a customer of both TS and Honda). I will stick with TS in spite of all the problems faced.

Most Viewed