Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 141 39.61%
No 215 60.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 19:45   #451
BHPian

re: The Tata Sky Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I have subscribed to an annual pack, so I did not have to pay anything to re-activate my services.
Well I am also on a Mega pack since 6 years now. What I do not understand is no on from TS is willing to answer in the affirmative as to why the service is disconnected when I am paying upfront in excess of 8K per year

They keep saying that's the way it is designed and they keep repeating this statement all the time. No amount of escalations work. Interestingly I see this behavior on my secondary box (non HD DVR)and not my primary box (HD DVR).

Any pointers from anyone on this forum?
Old 21st December 2013, 18:34   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

All showcase movies free this weekend!
A wonderful offer I thought but the movies currently on showcase are not very good ones.
Old 1st January 2014, 07:42   #453
BHPian

Tata sky launches HBO Defined and Hits HD and like Star world premiere they have grouped this under specials category leaving the annual package subscribers in the lurch. The specials category is really annoying for people who subscribed to the annual package before this category was created.
Old 1st January 2014, 10:10   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Tata sky launches HBO Defined and Hits HD and like Star world premiere they have grouped this under specials category leaving the annual package subscribers in the lurch. The specials category is really annoying for people who subscribed to the annual package before this category was created.
Quite true. Its extortion in the name of specials. And their customer care would have no idea why is it so. Will think on it once my subscription expires which will not be before November.
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:11   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post

I renewed my annual subscription on 25th Dec. I was not given any clue about these new channels. And, I have to pay extra if I want to watch them.
Old 7th January 2014, 16:54   #456
Senior - BHPian

Kiran,

It is 91 Rs. per month for those 2 channels. I got them activated only this weekend; just out of curiosity, how much is one paying everymonth for TS? My bill is coming to some 750 a month!
Old 8th January 2014, 13:14   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Kiran,

It is 91 Rs. per month for those 2 channels. I got them activated only this weekend; just out of curiosity, how much is one paying everymonth for TS? My bill is coming to some 750 a month!
Bhai,

I am paying 740 every month minus the HBO define and hits channel. I guess TATA Sky is ripping off customers with this so called special channels

-Sajan
Old 8th January 2014, 14:02   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

My whole point of getting the mega hd pack was to avoid this monthly nonsense, and tracking when the great people made channels available.
Bloody nightmare this is becoming.
Old 8th January 2014, 14:08   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I renewed my annual subscription on 25th Dec. I was not given any clue about these new channels. And, I have to pay extra if I want to watch them.
That does not really matter. Even if you renew today, whichever pack, the "specials" are not included, and can only be ordered as add-ons. This is of course price hike by back door. In all fairness, EVERYTHING should be included in a Mega Pack. But they are known to do that. e.g. the second TV price has been hiked from 100 to 150 to 180 to 200 now in a short couple of years.
Old 8th January 2014, 14:37   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Bhai,

I am paying 740 every month minus the HBO define and hits channel. I guess TATA Sky is ripping off customers with this so called special channels

-Sajan
So, good old cable is better or for that matter even Videocon HD as I have been told. Do they have a refund on set top boxes?
Old 8th January 2014, 16:01   #461
BHPian

Quote:
So, good old cable is better or for that matter even Videocon HD as I have been told. Do they have a refund on set top boxes?
Local cable guy charges 200 and with his own digital set top box, no HD but charges better than TATA. How I wish there was a refund on the set top box or if the same HD set top box can be used with your local cable guy.

-Sajan
Old 8th January 2014, 23:18   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Amtak
Hi
Unfortunately no refund on the boxes.
However you can keep them in case you want to go back.
I threw away my Indigital box after keeping it for 4 years.
Subsequently shifted to Videocon and then to TS. I am keeping the Videocon box as I am thinking of going back to them.
Regrds
Old 28th January 2014, 10:29   #463
BHPian

Hello All, Does anyone know the email id where I can escalate about tatasky?
I have been facing issues with the Tatasky HD+ box since I bought it.. It has been replaced 4 times. All replacements were refurbished ones. Whom can I reach to escalate and get a new box rather than refurbished ones.
Old 28th January 2014, 17:26   #464
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Well I had a Mega pack for 2 years (I had subscribed for the biannual mega pack back then when I had taken a fresh connection, minus the SUN network channels). This costed me Rs.9990 for two years. Now after two years, I am told by these clowns that the price is revised to Rs.6900 per year.

I contacted Videocon and they offered me their highest package for one year @ Rs.5940. This price included the standard HD set top device. I took it at the blink of an eye. So even without the set top box refund, I ended up saving Rs.1000 over the Tata Sky renewal. I politely told Tata Sky to take a hike when they called up after some 15 days to remind me of recharging my account.

Now with Videocon, I get a lot more channels. And two South Indian language packs free with any package. So if you choose Tamil and Malayalam for example, you get all Tamil and Malayalam channels including the SUN network ones. So now I get channels like Dangal, Mastii, B4U Music/Movies etc. which gives me old film music (this is important for me during mornings when I wake up). Plus new channels like Romedy Now, Cinema TV etc. I also get Neo Sports/Neo Prime. All these channels were unheard of in Tata Sky.

From my experience, Tata Sky is a major rip off. Videocon HD though is highly recommended. The only problem I have faced with Videocon so far is that when you call their customer care, it goes to the local language department by default. So if you are in Bangalore and call them up, someone at the other end will start speaking in Kannada and would expect you to know the language. Being a non Kannadiga, I have however been able to manage with them so far.

Last edited by Oxy : 28th January 2014 at 17:48.
Old 30th January 2014, 22:46   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hello All, Does anyone know the email id where I can escalate about tatasky?
I have been facing issues with the Tatasky HD+ box since I bought it.. It has been replaced 4 times. All replacements were refurbished ones. Whom can I reach to escalate and get a new box rather than refurbished ones.
Mvaidy
Hi
In less than 2 years T.Sky has changed my box 7 (seven) times.
Once they changed the box and it worked for less than 10 (ten) minutes.
The technician had not even reached the local train station which is less than a 10 minute walking distance. Since it was past 6 PM did not have the heart to call him back. Next morning he came and changed.
You have a nodal officer to whom you can escalate. AFAIR they have a different for every state.Please check their website.
regards

Most Viewed