Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2008, 23:57   #31
BHPian

As long as you go to a person who knows what he's doing, its ok. Refills cost about 100 rs more than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
adityamunshi,
Thanks for the input...
Feeding pages one by one should be ok for me cause I'm going to use it for home usage with min printing.

However the chip changing part is something new, How much does this chip cost ? and is it easily available off the shelf in all shops that sell printer cartridges ...

Would checkout the HP printer too
Old 18th January 2009, 21:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Am looking for an All in One and I need you guys to help me get the CHEAPEST and the BEST deal.

1) Majorly for printing and scanning.

2) Wi-Fi would be great.

3) Mac OS X compatibility

4) Laserjet or Inkjet ?

5) What's the deal with the re-filling ?

6) I use a Canon camera so does it make sense to go for a Canon ?
Old 18th January 2009, 22:16   #33
BANNED

N_C - laser. Inkjet inks tend to be expensive, IMHO.

Re. the camera - you will download the photos on to the computer for processing anyway, right?

Do you want colour prints?
Old 18th January 2009, 22:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Will be more of printing documents rather than pictures. But if and when I feel like taking prints, that's why I asked.

Scanning will be used too and photo copying too.
Old 18th January 2009, 22:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Am looking for an All in One and I need you guys to help me get the CHEAPEST and the BEST deal.

2) Wi-Fi would be great.

4) Laserjet or Inkjet ?

I use an old Brother MFC 210C connected to my Airport Express (which enables wireless printing for any USB printer, BTW). It was cheap to buy and refills are extremely cheap (brother cartridges are horribly expensive), and it does Print, Copy, Scan AND Fax. It is also extremely compact and does not take up a lot of space. Is still probably the most compact Mutifunction printer with fax.
Old 18th January 2009, 23:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:

2) Wi-Fi would be great.

4) Laserjet or Inkjet ?

I use the HP Officejet 6300 at home. Perfect support for OSX the primary reason for picking that up. I think I paid around 12k. Among the cheaper printers, HP I think has better support for OSX.

While this is a Network printer, wifi is optional, and I did not get it. Great printouts, and expensive catridges to go along. Dont think refills are worth it, they have messed up too many times for me, dont try it anymore.

Pick laserjets if you want really crisp text, better for office use. The one I use is good, but will never be as crisp as a laser printer. Most good stores have sample printouts from the printers, see before you choose.

Visit HP India online, they have a whole section for Mac users. HP Products for macintosh users - HP Small and Medium Business
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:47   #37
BANNED

I want to purchase an All-in-One(Print/Scan/Copy) for home use. Max budget is Rs.6000.

Which brand should I go for ?
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2) Wi-Fi would be great.

4) Laserjet or Inkjet ?

I bought HP Photosmart C7288 for around 17K last year. It is all in one, and since it is a photosmart model, supposedly prints reasonable pictures (haven't printed any myself, my son prints pics for his school projects). It has all the MAC utilities and most importantly (for me), it has wifi.

Ran out of ink a couple of weeks back so will try refilling it and share the experience. It is obviously an inkjet. laserjet color printers are very expensive.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I want to purchase an All-in-One(Print/Scan/Copy) for home use. Max budget is Rs.6000.

So you need MFP(Multifunctional Pheripheral) which can do scan copy and print. Generally it will come with FAX but not always. Try Smasung it is good and cheap. In banaglore try samsung plaza at Infantry road and in BTM near Udupi gardern. I am into printer development and worked for many companies. PM me for more details
HP models are also good. You can get easily in range of 10K.
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Canon Mp series are pretty good. running cost is cheap too. Cartridge are refill locked but lot of software resett are available on net.
ABove all software (scanning) are pretty light (system resources) and easy to use. HP sucks big time when it comes to their scanning software. otherwise their printer are preety decent.

I am using MP160. and I refill them myself along with MP tools to reset the counter.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:55   #41
BHPian

Does anyone have any reviews on Brother DCP145C? It is a printer/scanner/copier and is being offered real cheap at future bazaar for Rs. 2199.
FutureBazaar: Sabse Saste 3 Din, Brother DCP145C All in One Printer -
Old 28th January 2009, 00:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Does anyone have any reviews on Brother DCP145C? It is a printer/scanner/copier and is being offered real cheap at future bazaar for Rs. 2199.
FutureBazaar: Sabse Saste 3 Din, Brother DCP145C All in One Printer -
this is a great buy. i guess it uses four tanks. Its not refillable. but compatable are available at half the costs
Old 28th January 2009, 08:11   #43
BHPian

Just keep one thing in mind.
If you tend to print often, then these inkjet printers are good. But if you use it occasionally then it turns out to be a net loss cause the ink tends to dry up fast, even if not used ( 4 months ).
And replacement cartridges are around Rs 800+ each.
(the price quoted above was for Cannon, which has 2 cartridges)

On the other hand if you are going to use it only for black n white printouts, no color photographs then a Lazer is better, as the toner does not dry up fast.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:41   #44
BHPian

Members need a All in one printer Fax,wifi not necessary and budget around Rs 6000/-
Old 8th October 2009, 12:13   #45
Senior - BHPian

Suggest to have a look at Epson brand of printers they are really good compared to HP's.
Epson does not believe in major branding exercise, as they get repeat customers due to there quality of products.

Check this link for more info Epson

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks