Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2022, 16:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chrome hangs up, then laptop goes blank, while surfing specific websites

I've been using Chrome (since: I really don't know), I always use it in incognito mode. I haven't had a problem with the browser, My OS is Windows 10 with the latest update, I'm a desktop person. Get a good hardware guy to have a look at it. I always have the support of a hardware guy who sorts out things with my system and have become a friend with him.
Old 22nd December 2022, 18:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Chrome on latest version too.

- Whenever I am surfing threads on reddit.com, Chrome becomes unresponsive.

- A few seconds later, the laptop screen goes blank, but the keyboard is still illuminated.

- Only solution = I press the standby button, laptop goes to sleep, then I wake it up and start off where I left.
This indicates a GPU issues. Newer versions of Chrome have this issue on Some Windows and Mac machines.

To validate : disable GPU acceleration in Chrome and observe if that makes any difference. How : visit chrome://settings/system and toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available”

More details :

https://www.howtogeek.com/412738/how...off-in-chrome/
NetfreakBombay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 21:44   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Wanted to know that if all my passwords, browsing history etc will be available in another device if I use the same profile in Brave?..
Yes, Brave does it through something called a sync chain. You can add/delete devices and even select what specific categories of info to sync on each device (via 'data preferences'). See screenshot below.

For adding mobile devices, it's a QR code you scan on the new device and select sync options. For computers, you type in a random text string generated for you.

Chrome hangs up, then laptop goes blank, while surfing specific websites-screenshot_20221223214308.png

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd December 2022 at 21:47.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 14:33   #34
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to point out that team-bhp.com has become nigh unusable with Chrome on Android.
Opening team-bhp inevitably slows down the browser, and eventually crashes the app.
I am not sure why this would happen, but it definitely reduces my inclination to open this website.

FWIW, Firefox beta with ad block, ghostery etc is much faster and doesn't crash.
But I hope the website admins can appreciate that I don't want to use adblock for this website, and that there might be a lot of other users out there who might not be using the website because of these issues.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 12:48   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to point out that team-bhp.com has become nigh unusable with Chrome on Android.

Thanks very much for the feedback. We will solve it on the topmost priority.

- Do you see it just on desktop or just mobile? Or both?

- Just on forum, or even on our homepage? Both are powered by different software.

- Does it happen when you get toward the end of the page (and thus, our infinite scrolling working its magic with loading the next page automatically)?

- What device?

- Can you please share screenshots of the page when you experience this? Especially of the ads?

- If you could, a video of the entire page (from top to bottom) would greatly help.

Thank you very much!
-
Old 15th January 2023, 14:11   #36
BHPian

Thanks, appreciate your proactive response.

- Do you see it just on desktop or just mobile? Or both?
>>>Am talking about Mobile. Haven't encountered any issues on Desktop.

- Just on forum, or even on our homepage? Both are powered by different software.
>>>Only on the forum. Haven't experienced much slowing down on the homepage and news section.

- Does it happen when you get toward the end of the page (and thus, our infinite scrolling working its magic with loading the next page automatically)?
>>>I don't think so. I would speculate that it's some sort of issue with dynamic ads, because I have experienced similar degradation of performance on The Indian Express website. I posted here after the browser actually crashed yesterday.

- What device?
>>>Google Chrome on Galaxy S20 FE 5G

- Can you please share screenshots of the page when you experience this? Especially of the ads?
>>>Sure, will PM or post here next time I experience this.

- If you could, a video of the entire page (from top to bottom) would greatly help.
>>>Will try to record the screen and post it next time I replicate the issue.
sleepyk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 09:09   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
Google Chrome on Galaxy S20 FE 5G
I am wondering if it is device specific??

A DBHPian also complained of sluggishness on our mobile skin, but he also uses a Samsung S20.

Quote:
Sure, will PM or post here next time I experience this.
Thanks. Please share screenshots of all ads that have loaded (from top to bottom) when you experience this sluggishness.

Quote:
Will try to record the screen and post it next time I replicate the issue.
Thank you.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2023 at 09:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks