Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 12:52   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, i got it during the thanksgiving and on amazon the additional controller ( it is sixaxis) was for that price. I have a 5.1 Onkyo home theatre and currently my PS3 is connected to my AV receiver via a co-axial, i need to buy an optical cable and replace the co-axial. Any idea how much an optical cable costs here in India and which brands are supposed to be good? However, my ps3 is connected to my 40" LCD via a HDMI cable that i bought from amazon.
oh..so that explains it..man..I should have got it during the thanksgiving deal !..i got other stuff, but damn..missed this awesome ps3 deal..anyways, for the Optical Audio..i use Dynex..it's the cheapest one I found in store in BestBuy..!
I don't know companies in India manufacturing optical audio cables..but I'm sure there must be many sellers there selling those cables..
Amazon..I'll have to check for sixaxis price..cheapest I found for sixaxis was some other online site for like 38 with shipping..29 is excellent price..but you know, the new Dual Shock 3 controllers have come out..which have in-built Rumble/vibration !..they've got pretty good reviews..not available officially in US right now..only japan has released those..but some sellers are importing from japan and selling at around $60 for the dual shock 3 in US..
-sr
Old 4th January 2008, 12:57   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania View Post
but you know, the new Dual Shock 3 controllers have come out..which have in-built Rumble/vibration !..they've got pretty good reviews..not available officially in US right now..only japan has released those..but some sellers are importing from japan and selling at around $60 for the dual shock 3 in US..
-sr
Eagerly waiting for that and will certainly add that to my collection after the price gets stabilized. Do you know any good sites where i can buy the games at a cheap price? I want to get them shipped to a friends home in Phoenix as he is coming to India this month end.
Old 4th January 2008, 13:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Eagerly waiting for that and will certainly add that to my collection after the price gets stabilized. Do you know any good sites where i can buy the games at a cheap price? I want to get them shipped to a friends home in Phoenix as he is coming to India this month end.
add my msn address to your instant messenger..the mods might get angry here if we discuss all this here !!..

srasania@msn.com

Well, just try to check amazon, pricegrabber.com ...circuitcity.com has sale on Assassins Creed..pretty nice game..and NFS prostreet is on sale at bestbuy.com right now..
Both will ship free across us..
you use ps3 online ?..(ps network) ?..

-sr
Old 5th March 2011, 12:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: PS3 in the house!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania View Post

Well, just try to check amazon, pricegrabber.com ...circuitcity.com has sale on Assassins Creed..pretty nice game..and NFS prostreet is on sale at bestbuy.com right now..
-sr
Does they ship games to india as well, i am looking for PS3 games like Assassin creed, GOW and Infamous.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:58   #50
BHPian

Re: PS3 in the house!!!

I have some serious basic doubts to clear out on PS3:

I bought a 160GB PS3 last month from Malaysia as I was getting an offer which I couldn't refuse! . The "Gamer Sales Guy" asked me to go for a small hack in the console so that I would be able to play games directly from the HDD (full versions). the offer sounded cool to me as I will not be spending bombs on these new games which get released every other day.

Thus I was sold to the packaged deal of "160GB PS3 + Multiman 1.16 installed + Copy of NFS Hot Pursuit saved in the HDD". The sales guy said that all i need is to buy one game disc which is to be kept loaded inside the console all the time while I will be playing games from the HDD.
This was working all fine in the shop. But I tried the same back home with no luck at all. I bought genuine DiRT game disc which is kept loaded inside the console but the NFS from the HDD is not loading at all.

So here are my doubts?

I want to get rid of this Multiman, Can I just hit the "triangle" button and delete it?
My current system software version is 3.55. I want to update my system to 3.6 so that I will be able to access PS3 store and get access to all demo games. would there be any problem going for an update as I have multiman in the system?

Help!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks