Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 10:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Frustrating experience buying a new LG AC on Amazon

I have had good experience buying AC and washing machines from Flipkart. Their prices are never matched by retailers and I have had my fridge replaced easily when it had a minor dent. All products are working flawlessly.

LG has one of the best after sales services for appliances in India so am surprised hearing your ordeal. As mentioned earlier as well, one possibility is that during start of summer season all companies are swamped with AC service, installation and gas leakage complaints. This leads to long waiting times and tickets getting closed unnecessarily by overworked technicians. Same is the case with escalation teams. I would say you should be persistent and this would be resolved by company itself. No point looking out.
Old 24th April 2023, 10:10   #47
BHPian

I have simply avoided buying big appliances online.

2 years ago I purchased an LG AC on Amazon. When the installation guy arrived it was found that the outdoor unit was damaged and heavily used. I raised a return request with Amazon and to my surprise they told me that the serial number is not matching with the bill hence they cannot return it. I made multiple calls and finally somehow got to return it.

The same day I went to the LG showroom nearby. They matched the online price and delivered it in few hours. It was installed the next morning. Till now it has never given me trouble.

I got it serviced twice and every time the customer experience was excellent.
Old 24th April 2023, 10:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
it does not cool our 10x12 room even after running for hours at night. After a few days, I started seeing CH 38 (i think) error code when the AC is switched on.
It looks like a case of leaked gas/low gas pressure due to some puncture in tubing. I changed my new LG AC's tubing from Aluminium to Copper and that solved my issues. Cost me 8K.
Old 24th April 2023, 11:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
It looks like a case of leaked gas/low gas pressure due to some puncture in tubing. I changed my new LG AC's tubing from Aluminium to Copper and that solved my issues. Cost me 8K.
Never seen copper tubing before. Just copper condensers, but these are copper as per LG.
Old 24th April 2023, 16:18   #50

It is always better to buy major appliances from physical stores. In case of poor sopport from the manufacturer, the store will push for a wuick resolution.

That said, I bought an LG Inverter AC a couple of years ago in Hosur, works fine and no service issues. So I have bought 2 more (all from Reliance Digital) and service was spot on.

Sorry for your troubles, but this is the summer season and I am sure the entire bunch of AC technicians must be overworked, leading to your frustration.
Old 26th April 2023, 11:45   #51
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To our utter frustration, we realized that the AC was not cooling the room at all (from Day 1) – it does not cool our 10x12 room even after running for hours at night.
Since then, I have been trying to reach out to LG support through various channels, including phone, email, and Twitter.
Last Saturday, I purchased a Voltas 1 Ton Split Inverter Model from the renowned Rathna Fan House in Chennai (they sell about 700 AC units. Yeah, 700 per day). They give live demos for all brands.

The following day, the appliance was delivered to my in-laws' house, and when it was turned on, a gas leak was discovered right away. complained to Rathna and the Voltas reseller and requested that the outdoor unit be replaced. Following a few follow-ups, it was completed last Friday. Unfortunately, the second unit only worked for one day and then stopped.

Diakin Split 1 T has since been chosen, and installation is scheduled for tomorrow.

The service is very important, even when a product failure can be an isolated incident. Servicing for any AC purchased from Rathna Fan House in Chennai is prioritised.
Old 26th April 2023, 16:22   #52
BHPian

I had a similar experience with a LG product purchased via Amazon recently.
It was a frontload washing machine, the machine was delivered and installed correctly and worked well for a month or so post which the drum started making loud noise while drying. The noise was around 90 decibels against the maximum expected noise of 40~50 decibels.
I followed the online complaint route for LG and got the RN number etc, post which the service guys came, checked and said the entire drum assembly is bad ! This was shocking to see a brand new machine having a faulty drum assembly. Did it miss the quality check ? how can it fail so quickly ?
The service guys ordered the assembly and then took away the machine for repairs after a week when the parts where in the service center. The replacement job took another week and then the machine was delivered back and reinstalled. It been working fine since.
My overall trust in LG brand quality has gone down now with this instance.
Old 27th April 2023, 15:22   #53
BHPian

Update on the issue. After around 20 days of raising the issue and escalating multiple times, LG finally woke up and sent a technician home. He came, tested with soap water for leakage and identified the issue near the point where the outdoor unit connection goes in. Fixed it, filled coolant, tested it again and showed me the cooling effect (till room temp went down to 22 degree at noon). All it took was 30 mins and I had to wait 20 days for this!

While everything ended well, I wanted to thank this community for the great support I received here, and things started moving after I raised this issue with this thread link to LG and Amazon to the mail ids I got from skarthikeyan and Torq (who sent me a pm). Really thankful to you guys and for everyone who chipped in with your thoughts.

Finally relieved. But most probably I will avoid buying large ticket items through Amazon or other online platforms, and use RelianceDigital or Croma from now. Also no more LG products for sure.
singleton is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 12:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
All it took was 30 mins and I had to wait 20 days for this!

Also no more LG products for sure.
Glad to hear it's all resolved now. It's appalling to wait for 30 days for a 30 mins job and a job that could've and should've been done well the first time if the technician who originally installed had verified there was no leak.
skarthikeyan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed