Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 14:33   #1
BHPian

Check your mobile bills carefully!

There has been some kind of a scam by these airtel customer care executives (operating in these service centers). Apparently they are able to route international calls through some other accounts. One of my relative has received a huge ISD bill for which none of the calls were actually made by him.

I have heard a lot about cdma phones being cloned, but cloning gsm sims is not easy at all (they have complicated authentication procedures..)
I feel they play around with the call forwarding or diversion features.
They activate it for a while, set 'unconditional forwarding' to some number, make the call and deactivate it.

Airtel folks are not acknowledging this and say their billing systems are state of the art etc etc. They arent too bothered as long as people are paying up for this. I think everyone should look into their itemised bills in detail to check if something shady is taking place.

It is more relevant these days where a lot of calls are being tapped and traced.
Old 17th August 2007, 18:13   #2
BANNED

I've also heard the same thing that you've mentioned !
Old 17th August 2007, 20:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Beat this - HUTCH charges me 100 Rs for roaming in tamilnadu , while I was on office in bangalore. An email to them elicited stupid responses..
Old 17th August 2007, 20:50   #4
BHPian

Guys whatever you do Don't pay up for this kind of BS. Once I cancelled a postpaid connection(Hutch) and I reciev a bill for 2000 3 months later. I aske dthem to screw themselves when they said they dont have the letter i gave for cancellation. Finally after a lot of haggling and threatening phone calls they came around to a settlement of 400 (after 8 months) which I paid just to get rid of them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks