Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 14:27   #16
BHPian

Nokia has its head office in Bangalore. Why dont you go and highlight this to the country head of nokia. If you want I can give you the address
Old 6th September 2007, 19:48   #17
Team-BHP Support

i havent faced this problem. i went to the nokia care centre at pheonix mills because my n73 had some dust or fungus inside the screen. all the nokia priority dealers said they cannot open the phone.( now i can open the phone myself with just a credit card). in the care centre the moment i walked in i was asked what phone i had and given a ticket accordingly. after 10 minutes i went to the nseries counter where a woman checked whether my phone was under warranty. after that she gave it to the service people who were just behind the counter. they opened it right there and cleaned it. now its fine.
Old 7th September 2007, 11:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Nokia phones are very durable and robust compared to SE, Moto etc., only thing is A.S.Service is not that efficient!
Do I see any resemblance with Fiat?

Oh Boy, Finney, You Too, Being a FIAT lover all your life
Old 7th September 2007, 12:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Nokia phones are very durable and robust compared to SE, Moto etc., only thing is A.S.Service is not that efficient!
IMO, new nokia phones are not durable and there build is absolutely flimsy. Please dont compare it with Fiat, I own a palio and the bad experience with phone is Nokia N95. The silver coated buttons on top of the phone are just chipping off even though its not subjected to any rough use, unlike the Fiat. Nokia service sucks big time, they seem to lack any kind of expertise or training to handle any simple problems too. I am too scared to get the keys changed because, I dont trust them well enough for being capable of assembling it back to its original condition.

Best phones currently in terms of build IMO is Motorola. They really feel built to last.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
IMO, new nokia phones are not durable and their build is absolutely flimsy.
I quite agree with that. I had a 3210, my first mobile ever, and when it fell down a flight of stairs (14 of them), i expected the worst. Went, picled up the pieces, put them back together, and viola...! It worked !

I dont think my current N70 can handle such abuse.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:38   #21
BHPian

Typical attitude of any service provider. They use the dead-celled, brain-washed call centre people as a protection layer (Offense to call-centre people specifically for product services, reading this was not intended, but I very well know it hurts . So do you people)

Heera Panna does a better job of warranty (without a bill and warrantycertificate). I have never had a non-functional gadget from there ever. The only one that conked out was my wife's Nokia with a faulty condensed mic and it was sorted out in 30 mins flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
For the heck of it, I ring the call centre and tell them the phone is pending but omit fact that I have collected it. Let them go into a spin
That was a good gesture. Improvise on it.

Last edited by gbpscars : 7th September 2007 at 12:42.
Old 25th September 2007, 18:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
As stated earlier, they are not any more durable than SE as I have used it. Infact I would say it's one of th emost problematic phone you can get. Stops when it wishes to. Pricey. ****ty A S S.

I went in for a SE charger replacement (not knowing that the cable was burnt). The guy was ready with a new charger in 5 mins and all I had to do was give them a photocopy of the bill. Though on inspection I and the *** found that the cable was burnt. Been there to SE *** many times and I would say it's much much better than Nokia.
Old 27th September 2007, 00:38   #23
BHPian

Guys do you know Nokia A.S.S is outsourced to HCL. All the repair jobs etc are done by HCL. I have a nokia N70 which was given to Nokia for repair twice in the warranty period and they were unable to repair it to my satisfaction. I escalated the matter to wherever possible and they BLUNTLY refused me a replacement in the warranty period.

Filed a suit against them in consumer court in Aug 2006 which is still going on. I never hired a lawyer and then lost interest in even going to the court after 4 - 5 hearings. MNCs can take us for granted because either we do not have the time /money to fight them or our "judiciary" is so great that it'll take at least a few years to give a judgement.

I then decided to let my Rs 18,300/- worth phone be and bought a new one many times over. But still have kept the faulty one until the case gets over.
Old 27th September 2007, 00:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Aren't there any local technicians?! There are some in my area who can do most repair stuff inside a day or two.
Old 27th September 2007, 08:53   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Aren't there any local technicians?! There are some in my area who can do most repair stuff inside a day or two.
Used that option and they said it was not repairable. I voted with my feet and bought a sony Ericsson
Old 27th September 2007, 09:21   #26
BHPian

Nokia sucks Period!!! I had a similar experince with my old nokia,

p.s its pretty much the same with Motorola or anything else you buy here, no one cares about customers anymore. the only company that has given me timly response and customer support are Seagte and APC. everything here just sucks.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

The thing with Nokia is that they sell a million phones in a month and just have one main service centre with just two counters to attend a few hundred complains per day.

I've been to the one in Chennai for replacing the adapter and I had to wait for 2 hours with a token to replace the week-old adapter.

They're having a service centre just for the sake of having one.

Im happy with my Imate JAQ3 now.
Now, how many Imates go wrong in chennai everyday??
Old 30th September 2007, 04:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
IMO, new nokia phones are not durable and there build is absolutely flimsy.

Best phones currently in terms of build IMO is Motorola. They really feel built to last.
I would disagree. My 6630 has taken all the abuse possible in the 2 years i have owned it. I have literally smashed it down, played catch catch with it, done almost everything possible and the phone works fine. that was till it broke in August after i literally smashed it against stone (it's best not to mess with me when i am angry).
I have an N73 now and though it hasn't been beaten up as badly as the 6630 (its fallen a few times. That's about it), i definitely think it would last. I felt the same way with the 6630 when i got it (that it won't last) but it did.
As for the Moto's, they may feel solid but they really aren't. They aren't too ergonomically designed and the V3s can be broken quite easily.
Old 30th September 2007, 09:39   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I don't bother buying a new phone these days.. The service and warranty support that you get with a new phone sucks anyways. If the phone has lasted for six months to 1 year without any problem, chances are that it will last longer without any problem.
Where do you get 2nd hand phones? I would like to purchase
2nd hand phones, but haven't seen too many stores selling those.
Old 30th September 2007, 09:41   #30
Team-BHP Support

the new nokia phones seem flimsy and their bodys are pretty cheap plastic.(atleast my n73). but they last just as long and are as durable as their predecessors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks