Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2007, 09:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I've been to the one in Chennai for replacing the adapter and I had to wait for 2 hours with a token to replace the week-old adapter.

Nokia service is becoming suspect. I personally feel that customer support in India through call centers for Indian customers has not matured. But had thought that companies like Nokia would bring atleast a touch of their normal service levels to their service in India, but this has not happened.

And I have been hearing of a lot of technical problems with Nokia products of late. The dealers are saying the Chinese made products are not as good as those manufactured else where.

Friend got a N70 recently, and this one stopped getting charged after just a month. He took the set to the dealer who said it is a charger problem, and the charger was taken in for servicing. Time quoted: 10-12 working days.
Before this was due, he realised that it's the phone is not able to charge the battery - the charge bars keep increasing (indicating that the battery is being charged), but battery does not get charged. (The battery itself is good since we charged the same battery in a 6030).
It's been 3 weeks now and the charger is not ready. They are refusing to give a standby charger either, and are not giving a firm date about when they will fix the charger. The dealer (in Jayanagar) is trying to discourage my friend about the problem in the phone also .. All this in spite of so called "premium / preferential treatment" for any servicing that may be required for these higher end phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous
Now, how many Imates go wrong in chennai everyday??
Would depend on how many are in use in Chennai .... what say?

Last edited by condor : 30th September 2007 at 09:57.
Old 30th September 2007, 11:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

It seems Motorola has by far the best service infra atleast in NCR. Especially after they have their "Motostore" sales & service centres in Delhi, Mumbai, & Bangalore with "Motoservice" guarantee to repair any Motorola brand mobile within 1 hr.

One can get SMS update on repair status of handset or collect an electronic pager from the Motorola service desk and the customer will be notified via pager when the phone is ready for collection.
Old 21st November 2010, 11:46   #33
BHPian

Authorised Nokia Care Centres - Bricks and Bats

Searched for a thread where in I can put in my experiences in an Authorized Nokia care center and hence starting this thread.

My Nokia 5800 had water logging issue and hence display was damaged.(At least it seems so) and hence took in to Nokia care center in Indira Nagar (Accurate Care)

Now, I had a very bad experience with one other NCC at Thippasandra (edge.com) and hence decided not to go there, But, to my surprise/dismay, the same staff were present in this Indira Nagar center . Seems edge.com center has been closed down.

Coming to my experience, took the token and waited for my turn. Paid rs 100 for inspection (as my phone was out of warranty).
Gave phone for inspection and after 20 mins, got a response that some chip had gone, will be replaced at a cost of 800 and I can collect the handset on 16 of Nov. (I had given the set on 13th Nov)

Due to some pre occupations, couldn't go to the NCC and hence visited the center on 20.Gave my token and they handed over the handset with a comment that it is not repaired as motherboard had gone. Well, I had suspected the same and hence took back the set, put in my battery/sim and when turned it on, the display looked like cracked.

Showedthe same to them and then they started looking on the job sheet to see whether the crack was present. Failing to find any reason, they reluctantly took back the handset, made me wait for another 20 minutes, gave back the set with a screen that looked like new.

Now my doubt is, whether they were trying to con me into taking a cracked display ( as my handset was anyway useless and they expected me not to turn on the phone while taking the delivery)

While, I was waiting for my handset, saw a middle aged man having a big mouthed fight with the center technician on some issue that he faced. Last thing I heard was he telling them and he is going to file a consumer complaint against them.

Does anyone else have had any such bad experiences with the Nokia care centers ?
Old 21st November 2010, 12:14   #34
BANNED

Nokia A S S in India sucks both in store & online. I still buy only Nokia because I buy their cheap phones which rarely require any A S S.
Old 21st November 2010, 14:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nokia service is one of the worst I have experienced.

Whenever something goes wrong in my Nokia, I usually get it repaired myself from local service centres.. even when the phone is in warranty.

I cant stay w/o my phone for 20 days for a broken lcd. Problem is solved in about 10 mins elsewhere...
Old 21st November 2010, 14:49   #36
BANNED

The Nokia A.S.S. sucks. However their phones are popular and many people are willing to live with it. Thankfully I never had to use the A.S.S. many times.
Old 21st November 2010, 15:03   #37
BHPian

My 2 paise

I buy Nokia (non-touch) phones because I find them to be extremely fault tolerant & rugged in build quality, and moreover, as spares are available easily on Ebay.

I have stopped visiting Nokia care and don't recommend going there to anyone with an expensive phone, as there are chances of part swapping & worse, Phone in repair for more than 3 months.If something goes wrong with it, I use the Phoenix test & service software (the one NCC uses) to diagnose any minor-moderate faults and buy replacement parts off Ebay.

DIY guys can get service manuals & troubleshooting guides for all Nokias from this URL Blue-Nokia.com by Obnoxy

Click on blue Nokia & then select BB5 downloads. You can find almost all phone software updates for any Nokia model as well as repair manuals.

Last edited by JustCause : 21st November 2010 at 15:14.
Old 21st November 2010, 15:45   #38
BHPian

does anyone know any reliable local service guy who can handle nokia 5800 in Bangalore?
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:25   #39
BHPian

And thats why I never buy a phone with a warranty. The way phone warranties are handled in India, its of no use. I rather g to my local guy who will fix it immediately.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Good thread to post my experience with Nokia care where I got my N72 repaired.

Several months ago, I'd issues with my N72 as the battery would drain in less than 24 hours. So finally I decided to give to Nokia care for repair. When I went there for 1st time, it was 7 PM & they said they cannot accept & want me to come back by 10:00 AM next day. After a round of assertive talks, they'd accepted it & gave me a token receipt & told me they'd give me a call.

3 days over & I'd no calls & finally I went & only to find out that they need a week more as some part is on shipment. Ok, I gave them a week & that was until next Tuesday.

When I went next Tuesday, they needed 2 more days & promised to give me on Thursday. By now I was frustrated; Finally I was able to make it on Saturday & they'd given me the handset & asked me to change the batteries, which I did. During this process, we exchanged few heated arguments as I'd not taken the token slip with me & they said, they'll refuse to help unless I get that slip. Anyway, the mistake was on my side too as I didn't follow their process. Cost Rs 600 for one IC & Rs 299 MRP for battery for which they gave me a bill for Rs 300. Upon asking, they give me back Re 1

Now after using for a week, the battery still drains within 24 hours, which means, issue not fixed. Once again I go back & tell them about the issue & now they want the old receipt. Once again heated argument & finally they give me a new one.

This time, they replaced the entire circuit & returned the set back to me in 5 days out of the promised 1 week. After this the handset works good. Charges - free.

What I do not like about them is, they've a hall with seating capacity of 30 odd people & when you give the handset to them, they ask us to wait to diagnose the issue. This is fine in a way, but they should give an option for people who want to give their handset & come back later too. They do not appreciate this.
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:46   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
And thats why I never buy a phone with a warranty. The way phone warranties are handled in India, its of no use. I rather g to my local guy who will fix it immediately.
If you try this for certain brands and models of phones, you might end up paying a lot for replacement parts and no gaurantee for getting them as fast as auth service centres.
Normally phone auth service centres stock replacement parts , if there is a known issue. And do replace free of charge against a complaint.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:30   #42
BHPian

Personally I had a good experience with Nokia care in Pune (Planet Cell, Aundh).

My E52's handset speaker suddenly went kaput and had to rely on speakerphone, which was not a very good idea, with all official calls / personal calls etc. So went to Nokia care, reached around 2 PM. There was a hall with a seating capacity of around 20-25 and a machine at one corner. It had a button for E/N series, so pressed that and out came a token. Followed by instincts and sat down on one of the chairs, the screen display was showing the token number and corresponding counter number. My number came after 15 mins. Had taken the original bill, but no one checked that. The person attending just put the IMEI code and then gave it to technician to check. In the meantime she took my contact details. The technician said the speaker would be replaced and I was asked to wait. Within 10 mins I got the phone and by 2:35 PM was out of the centre with my phone repaired.

So, on one hand I was not happy that a 3 months old phone developed an issue, but the service experience helped salvage some of it.
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:59   #43
BHPian

I would also like to add that manufacturing defects an DOAs (Dead on Arrival) are becoming more common in newer Nokias. The ones on sale in India are mostly manufactured in China.

My brand new N86 came with a non- working keypad and a pinkish tinge on the screen. Lucky that I purchased from a Nokia Priority dealer and he gave me a new sealed box and bill right away.

Nokia priority dealers/Partners have the 48hr full replacement warranty in case of manufacturing defects. I paid a hundred bucks extra than the Mobile store/Hotspot price quote on a Rs.18K phone, and am glad that I was saved from taking a 1 minute old phone to Nokia Care.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Personally I had a good experience with Nokia care in Pune (Planet Cell, Aundh).

My E52's handset speaker suddenly went kaput and had to rely on speakerphone, which was not a very good idea, with all official calls / personal calls etc. So went to Nokia care, reached around 2 PM. There was a hall with a seating capacity of around 20-25 and a machine at one corner. It had a button for E/N series, so pressed that and out came a token. Followed by instincts and sat down on one of the chairs, the screen display was showing the token number and corresponding counter number. My number came after 15 mins. Had taken the original bill, but no one checked that. The person attending just put the IMEI code and then gave it to technician to check. In the meantime she took my contact details. The technician said the speaker would be replaced and I was asked to wait. Within 10 mins I got the phone and by 2:35 PM was out of the centre with my phone repaired.

So, on one hand I was not happy that a 3 months old phone developed an issue, but the service experience helped salvage some of it.
If you are talking about Nokia center near Telephone exchange Aundh then they ruined my 25K costing N85 after 4 visits/services. It happened between Oct 2008- Dec 2009. My new N85 with 1 year warranty started screen blacking out within first six months.They told me it is a software issue and returned phone after 1 weeks time. My subsequent visits prolonged delivery to 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc. At the forth time after warranty elapsed, they diagnosed faulty AM-OLED screen costing ~4K.

I kept copies of all jobsheets and found that handset was with them for 7 weeks in complete warranty year which is same duration by which warranty overshoot. I called higher ups in nokia and told that I have only option to go Consumer court. That fellow arranged telephonic conference call between me, A.S.S manager. I produced all job-sheet numbers. I got screen replaced with some inner scratches to transparent cover also mobile carry case as gift and some extended warranty.

Now I decided that Nokia phones are good only for basic models. For high end, Nokia is strictly no-no. There are better options in market.

Now whenever I look at the scratched screen I hate that phone. Knowing this story my wife also refused to take it.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:00   #45
Team-BHP Support

Nokia loses one more customer.

I was in college when cell phones came to Kerala. My dad got me an "imported" Nokia 6 series from abroad and that was my first cell phone. This is in the year 1995 IIRC. Years passed by and i changed many phones, more than 10 and out of these 60-70% times it was Nokia. Why?

Well to start with they are reliable, no matter what, they just go on and on and on. UI is not great, functionality is absolutely outdated but one thing is for sure. They will run and hold charge like anything. Once i had visited Nokia service center (some 7-8 years back) to replace a broken key pad and though it was more like a Govt office, was efficient and they gave me good service.

I was a small fan of this finnish company, almost 90% of the mobiles bought in my family are Nokia's thanks to this fanboysm. Fan to an extent that the visit to Spice shop over this problem, i picked up a new C3 1 or something for my mom in law.

So sometime last Oct thanks to an offroading fiasco my wife's faithful Nokia took in water. Dried it for 2 days and the machine woke up! Only issue it was not holding charge and camera conked. Her birthday was near and i decided i would gift her a decent phone. Actually her first "more than 3000 Rs phone". We went window shopping and after wasting one whole evening, went back to the first shop to pick up the Nokia C5 which had almost everything except wifi. It was sleek, light and battery lasts for some 7 days for my wifee's usage!!

Fast forward to last Saturday, i was outside and was trying to reach my wife but it was coming as switched off. Went back home and realized that phone has indeed switched off, inside her handbag. She remembered that she had only charged the previous day and it was very odd for this Nokia. Anyways we plugged in the charger and waited, no response. Spoke to the spice shop from where i picked the phone up and they said Nokia care is the only solution. Was happy to know that there is one in Koramangala which is close to me.

Went there today evening and a giggling rep takes down the complaint, looks for minutest scratch, any suspected fall, fluid and what not and then enters into the system and then asks me to wait. I ask her why? They will diagnose and let me know then and there. Wok i say. After a wait of 10 min i am summoned back and i see a motherboard and camera lens in front off me.

She says its damaged and will have to replace it and expected date of delivery 27th. I say fine and was about to leave. She says hold on, it will be 600 bucks. I was like for what? Its under warranty right???

Sir warranty does not cover water damage. I was stumped I asked her to show me some evidence of the same. She was wondering what to reply and then asks me to wait again.

I saw that the lady has moved the mother board to next desk, where a guy is sitting. She herself moved to dispatch section and mumbled something to the guy there. Dispatch guys is not very happy and then mutters something to her and she goes back to her desk.

In between all this i had even called my wife to confirm that i was not the stupid person. She confirmed that she has not even taken the phone out of the bag for last few days since she was terribly busy at work and her office does not leak when last checked. She is using the car so no chance of rain also.

Now i get the summons from the other desk where the mother board is. He repeats the same, i ask the same question. Proof of water damage? He shows me one corner of the clean mother board, a small smudge. Its not even water mark, neither is it corrosion, more like silicone grease a 2mm square patch. I told him in clear terms sorry boss i aint buying it looks more like grease and i took it in my hand and i could easily make out it was definitely NOT water. Ok i have some idea what happen when water falls on a circuit board.

This guy then says even a drop of water is good for mother board to crack! In my mind i wanted to get up, give him a slap and ask him to go back to whatever education institution he came out from. But then real world i was polite and told him. I really dont buy it, pointed to my iPhone and said look at this device, see there is a indicator which turns to red even if one drop of water goes in and does not crack the mother board!

Told him its not about the 600 bucks, i will not mind going out and buying a new phone if need be, but tell me the truth. You say phone was dropped, i might agree coz i really dont have evidence for or against that. But water damage!! Apart from moisture in the air, no water has gone near that phone. Not even a smudge mark anywhere open, including battery, battery compartment or the sim.

Asked them to put it back and give it in writing that its water damage. Went back after 30 mts and collected the dead phone and walked away from Nokia with disgust!

My wife was even more unhappy. She just said "no more Nokia for me, and you dont even contest that this time".

I know she was upset that the last phone fell on the gypsy floor and was there for one whole day soaking in rain and conked off. But this one she was taking good care apart from the scratches thanks to being inside handbags was well taken care lol

I for one strongly suspect that C5 has an issue. Infact that was my first question to spice guy and nokia gal. Anyone else with similar issue??

Google just scared me with this Google

But then again its googled info.

Plan of action i will try to see if i can flash and revive it, ie if its software. If not will take it to local cell phone shop guy and get an opinion. I dont mind paying him 600 or even 1000 for that matter, instead of these cheating clowns at Nokia!!

Add -1 customer, no make it -5 atleast. That much influence i have.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th April 2011 at 21:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks