Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 01:38   #61
BANNED

Re: Nokia Service Sucks - uses Call Centres to stonewall customers

Although Nokia is a company that has re-invented itself several times, the future is bleak for Nokia. It announced outsourcing of support to Accenture and big layoffs.
Nokia to cut 4,000 jobs, outsources Symbian to Accenture - Times Of India

Its marriage with M$ is yet to bear any fruits, I doubt it would be sweet. If Google stays clear of legal trouble Android will rule the mobile OS world.
Old 30th April 2011, 18:15   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
BPL might have been around at that time, but certainly not SKYCELL/AIRTEL.
Yup as i said my memory is really vague, dont read too much into the story build up lol

Anyways today i went to the other Nokia care center and met with the person. Explained to him the story and he sent the phone inside to be dismantled. The technician came back and said there seems to be some minor water entry at the sync cable end. The water indicator has not been triggered since it might be a drop that went in and seems to have happened long time back. One of the component that comes under the camera seems to be corroded. This the previous idiots did not notice.

Since its a single mother board i was worried and asked him what next. He said dont worry right now, these things happen and mostly a clean up is all that required. Motherboard replacement is not worth it since it will cost almost 80% of the phone. They said it will cost approx 300 bucks to clean up and stuff and will inform when the phone is ready.

The motherboard and the corroded component on top (Right side of the steel unit on top). Notice a slight smudge? The water indicator is sitting on the right extreme of the mother board at camera level if am not mistaken.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th April 2011 at 18:20.
Old 14th May 2011, 16:18   #63
Team-BHP Support

Got the phone back today with 600 bucks worth parts and rest labor = total bill of 1070 Plan to cling wrap it now and no more Nokia's for me.
Old 24th May 2011, 02:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

This thread brought back the rage I felt when I bought my 1st Nokia few years ago. In short, it was faulty out of the box and it had to be given to the ASC not less than three times. Even then they refused to replace it with a new one, no matter what. Goes without saying I escalated the issue by writing to whatever addresses I could find. Nothing made them budge. I told them, including the Manager that I would never buy a Nokia product ever again and will try to influence anybody buying one to change his decision. They simply did not care. I thank them to have given me the opportunity to practice persuasion skills to put off scores of potential Nokia customers.

Details of the issue aside, a brand new phone, ones repaired is just not the deal you have opted for. One would rather buy a 2nd hand phones and save a lot.

This was more than a couple years ago. I thought things may have change somewhat, but on reading this thread it sure does not seem so.

The phone in question was a basic Nokia, so those who are saying basic Nokias are terrific, may want to think again. Even after the initial 3 repair sessions, the phone needed 2 more repair sessions till date... one of which needed the microphone to be replaced.

On the other hand companies like LG in at least 2 occasions replaced fones that were dead/unrepairable at the service center end. According to what I was told is that they have a 1 hr service assurance. If it cannot be repaired in 1 hr they can keep it for 7 days max. If it cannot be repaired within that period, they replace. And they are inclined to replace it right off too, as they did in my case (after some doing...). Further, my dealer told me, when I was considering the Dell XCD35, that Dell has a replacement policy rather than a repair policy, if any manufacturing fault is found. So they prolly won't even check so much to see if its repairable.

So, while quality of service personnel may not be too different across brands, company policy goes a long way in consumer satisfaction/experience.

Nokia's policies deserve to bring them on their knees, which is where they almost seem to be or seem to be heading. I have been quite happy to seem them decline in the last few years. Whether the change of guard brings any real change, only time will tell.

Last edited by Raccoon : 24th May 2011 at 02:13.
Old 24th May 2011, 09:17   #65
Team-BHP Support

I had an "incident" with my HTC touch and the wireless stopped working. They took it back and replaced the motherboard. Took about a week
Old 24th May 2011, 10:43   #66
BANNED

Nokia were never known for service (let alone good). Now they have, to put it mildly, lost it! The future does not look too rosy for the Nokia - Microsoft partnership.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:06   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Got the phone back today with 600 bucks worth parts and rest labor = total bill of 1070 Plan to cling wrap it now and no more Nokia's for me.
Spoken too early, last week realized that headphones were not working so back went the phone on saturday. Yet to hear any news from Nokia
Old 24th May 2011, 13:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I had an "incident" with my HTC touch and the wireless stopped working. They took it back and replaced the motherboard. Took about a week
What remains after replacing the motherboard? Most phones have it all on the MB. Didn't you insist on a replacement?
Old 25th May 2011, 21:23   #69
Team-BHP Support

Nokia service center called and said phone is dead and unrepairable! I told them not acceptable, i gave a working phone which was tested in front of them. Need it back the same condition and no am not going to pay a penny for this, unless they fix the headphone also. This was yesterday, silence from then on.

Let us see

One simple honest advice, please dont buy Nokia. Honestly its gone to the pits! If they (Nokia) cant take responsibility for the service provided, its as good as a dud company.
Old 28th May 2011, 13:06   #70
nns

Thanks to the thread I realize that the problem on my Nokia X6 is so trivial. They just broke the lock during the last repair and refuse to fix it. (My phone has been to Nokia 4-5 times for repairs. )
Old 28th May 2011, 15:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nokia service center called and said phone is dead and unrepairable! I told them not acceptable, i gave a working phone which was tested in front of them. Need it back the same condition and no am not going to pay a penny for this, unless they fix the headphone also. This was yesterday, silence from then on.

Let us see

One simple honest advice, please dont buy Nokia. Honestly its gone to the pits! If they (Nokia) cant take responsibility for the service provided, its as good as a dud company.
Any developments yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Thanks to the thread I realize that the problem on my Nokia X6 is so trivial. They just broke the lock during the last repair and refuse to fix it. (My phone has been to Nokia 4-5 times for repairs. )
4 - 5 repairs for a new fone? Whats so wrong in your case?
Old 28th May 2011, 16:06   #72
nns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
4 - 5 repairs for a new fone? Whats so wrong in your case?
Not new but it was 4 months old when I had this problem. The phone would just switch off with the battery indicator showing a full battery and when switched back on, it would show battery empty and shut off. This would happen despite the phone being charged for an hour or so.

I went to the Care center and they insisted that it was merely a software issue and reinstalled the firmware and gave it back. Problem persisted. The next day I was told that it was a battery problem which would take about a week to replace. After a week (needless to say the problem persisted) I was told that it was a battery circuit related issue and would take a week or two. After this the initial problem was solved, but the lock key was a little loose and there was a sound when I shook the phone. I was reluctant to give it for repairs again so I decided to use it until a bigger problem came up.

A week back the lock key came loose but I decided to continue, keeping the key in my pocket. Finally only when I lost the key I went to a different Care center to get it repaired and also get rid of the annoying sound. I was told that it couldn't be repaired as it was previously attended to by another Care center. Only after a threat to write a "feedback", was the phone given for a check. After an hour I was told that I would be charged a handsome Rs 1100, hearing which I "happily" took my phone back, wrote a feedback and returned to using a nice app to unlock my screen.

Every visit to a Care center took at the least an hour and a half, mostly to convince the executives that they were dim and their boss needed to be called. I followed the cases simultaneously with the Nokia Careline and by e-mail only to get generic (read- useless) answers with absolutely no action.

Now I vow never to buy a Nokia phone again, no matter how good it is, now matter how cheap. I plan to use this one for a couple of months and switch to an Android (any tips as to the best, most reliable manufacturer?).
Old 28th May 2011, 22:27   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Any developments yet?
Went to collect the phone, the main guy said phone is at his house since there were too many pieces and he did not want to lose it Anyway he said its working as it was when i gave it and will be returned on Monday. I think i will collect it only next saturday when i get time. Anyways and this will be the last association with Nokia for me!
Old 29th May 2011, 09:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to collect the phone, the main guy said phone is at his house since there were too many pieces and he did not want to lose it Anyway he said its working as it was when i gave it and will be returned on Monday. I think i will collect it only next saturday when i get time. Anyways and this will be the last association with Nokia for me!
I suggest you do

A) Post it in TBHP classifieds.

B) Post it in 'Give away thread'. <evil wink>

This is heights!

Nokia loses one more fan boy (yes,I have been a Nokia lover and was always at daggers at anyone who said Nokia was bad).

But then, other brands are not that inspiring too. My friend's Nokia conked, he bought a SE, that too conked.Then he bought a Samsung,that too conked.Now, he is back with Nokia. Time frame is one year.

I am looking for a replacement for my phone and do not know where to look at.
Old 3rd June 2011, 01:38   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Now I vow never to buy a Nokia phone again, no matter how good it is, now matter how cheap. I plan to use this one for a couple of months and switch to an Android (any tips as to the best, most reliable manufacturer?).
That sounds like a proper nightmare... or should I say NOKIAmare!

Well, it is also important to consider the model than just the manufacturer. You might want to consider Blackberry too. None of the people who I know seem to have had issues with them. You haven't mentioned your budget btw. If looking at the mid range, don't consider the Optimus One unless there are credible reports of LG having fixed the dust problem.

Quote:
Jeepers, they don't take only cars for rides when you give them to the service centers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I suggest you do

A) Post it in TBHP classifieds.

B) Post it in 'Give away thread'. <evil wink>

This is heights!

Nokia loses one more fan boy (yes,I have been a Nokia lover and was always at daggers at anyone who said Nokia was bad).

But then, other brands are not that inspiring too. My friend's Nokia conked, he bought a SE, that too conked.Then he bought a Samsung,that too conked.Now, he is back with Nokia. Time frame is one year.

I am looking for a replacement for my phone and do not know where to look at.
Gosh, that sounds like really too much!! Maybe hes giving his phones too rough a ride? Can't be THAT bad!

Last edited by Raccoon : 3rd June 2011 at 01:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks