Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nokia Service Sucks - uses Call Centres to stonewall customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

Gosh, that sounds like really too much!! Maybe hes giving his phones too rough a ride? Can't be THAT bad!
His Sony conked in my hands and the Samsung in his hand. I have seen it happen twice. The phone just went dead all of sudden.
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:58   #77
nns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
That sounds like a proper nightmare... or should I say NOKIAmare!

Well, it is also important to consider the model than just the manufacturer. You might want to consider Blackberry too. None of the people who I know seem to have had issues with them. You haven't mentioned your budget btw. If looking at the mid range, don't consider the Optimus One unless there are credible reports of LG having fixed the dust problem.
I was considering a Samsung Galaxy S 2 in 4-5 months, hoping I can make do with the X6 till then. But I haven't heard much about their service and certainly nothing good. The only experience I had was with a slider phone long time back (3 years back maybe) and it wasn't good to say the least. I was pushed around from one service center to another.

As far as Blackberry service goes my friend had a key popping out on the day of purchase and the service guys told it would have to be sent to Bangalore for a replacement handset which could take a week.

I am considering a cheap import (iPhone) sans warranty as A.S.S. (pioneered by the market leader Nokia) seems no good in India (certainly not for me ).
Old 25th July 2012, 15:18   #78
Senior - BHPian

My Nokia C6-01 which is still in the warranty period wont respond to the touch. The entire phone works but the touch screen does not. I contacted the customer care via email and they asked me to do a factory reset, fortunately in between the touch screen worked, i did a factory reset and it worked. Now again the touch screen wouldnt respond. My dad took it to the Nokia Service Center and as i had expected, they gave a reply that there was water inside and some part was not working, they would need to send it to their headoffice in delhi and the cost would be 3500 rupees. When asked to provide an escalation contact, all that we get was the customer service toll free number. When i spoke to the service person, she is not ready to go further than 'water damage' and this would not be covered by warranty.

Can i do something about this? Is there a way to tackle these guys and get them get the work done as i have been using the phone with a cover all the time and never has water been even spilled on it plus its only a 7 month old phone.

Please suggest guys. Is going to consumer court an option in these cases, is it worth it.
Old 26th July 2012, 01:13   #79
Senior - BHPian

^^^Sad to hear that Nokia service is still as bad as when I had experienced it. If you have the means to go ahead and drag them to court, then my all means you should do so. Its the best way to deal with them.

If for whatever reason you don't do this, try to see if there is any escalation info at the service center itself. I'v seen this info prominently displayed at Moto and LG service centers. If not, try to find something from their websites. The higher you can escalate the better. Try esp. to get hold of their regional head or something.

Just be determined not to pay, if you know for sure that it is not damaged from your side. Also write reviews on sites like Mouthshut for a wider audience, so you can let other prospective Nokia customers know. Aim to dissuade at least several dozen customers by whatever means (like I did in the past, after my experience with Nokia's pig headedness). I saw to it that they lost way more money by way of lost sales, than what they would have lost by replacing my defective handset.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th July 2012 at 01:17.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

I had a bad time with Nokia.

I had a Nokia N95 8GB some years back, which I bought from Dubai. There was some problem with the phone, I could not open the contacts. What's the use of a phone if you cant call anyone?

I went to Phoenix Mills which has Nokia's own service centre. The place was very very crowded. After waiting for around 30 minutes or so, I was called. The guy simply refused to touch my phone since I bought it from UAE. He asked me to send it back to Dubai for repairs.

I requested him to atleast have a look since it might be a minor issue but he blatantly refused. I sent the phone with my aunt to Dubai. She took it to the same store from where I bought the phone. The salesman simply reset factory settings and the phone was back to normal.
Old 26th July 2012, 14:34   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
My Nokia C6-01 which is still in the warranty period wont respond to the touch. When i spoke to the service person, she is not ready to go further than 'water damage' and this would not be covered by warranty.

Can i do something about this? Is there a way to tackle these guys and get them get the work done as i have been using the phone with a cover all the time and never has water been even spilled on it plus its only a 7 month old phone.
Same happened with my 9 months old N97 mini. Nokia's touch screens are not durable. Their service centers are franchisees and are free to charge as per their wish in absence of any standards by Nokia. I was quoted anything from 4K to 8K at different Nokia service centers. You are good only as long as they are working fine. My X2-01 also lasted only 6 months after which it stopped getting charged.
Upon complaining to Nokia they wont listen, they will say that the word of service center is final on warranty issues. They will advise you to try a different service centre instead which is ridiculous.
Most irritating incident was when one of the service centre guy opened the front panel of the phone for checking it, then upon myself refusing to get it repaired after hearing their quote the idiot put the panel upside down(top towards bottom). They don't even know to put together the phones, how could you trust them to repair it?

Now whats the point of buying a warranty if your every other touchscreen display is attracting and getting damaged due water/moisture and your warranty doesn't cover it or is it just a ground to refuse honoring the warranty? Nokia very well deserves its current fate. I have permanently switched away from Nokia and decided not to spend too much on buying high end phones now as I don't have time to run around just for getting my phones repaired. Use and throw is the policy now.

Last edited by huntrz : 26th July 2012 at 14:43.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

I searched on the consumer forums but couldnt find anyone who has met with any success with Nokia on any warranty claims or other issues. I am forgetting about the warranty and thinking of getting it repaired outside, the cost of which should be minimal as it might also be some loose connection, you never know.

I am thinking of getting an Iphone from the US since my cousin is coming down in Sept, but i have read that any damage or repairs specifically for any iphone purchased from outside india is not done by Apple India (what a stupid policy, that too from a global giant like Apple). As and when my Nokia starts working, i am going to sell it off to get whatever i can instead of breaking my head over it in the future.

No more Nokia for sure. I had a similar instance with Motorola and after a lot of cajoling and arguments, i paid 2000 bucks and got a new phone altogether. So no Motorola after that and no Nokia from now on. So that leaves Sony, Samsung, HTC and Apple.

The main point is whats the use of having a great phone that wont let you perform a basic function like calling when you are stuck somewhere, imagine.
Old 26th July 2012, 22:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I searched on the consumer forums but couldnt find anyone who has met with any success with Nokia on any warranty claims or other issues. I am forgetting about the warranty and thinking of getting it repaired outside, the cost of which should be minimal as it might also be some loose connection, you never know.

I am thinking of getting an Iphone from the US since my cousin is coming down in Sept, but i have read that any damage or repairs specifically for any iphone purchased from outside india is not done by Apple India (what a stupid policy, that too from a global giant like Apple). As and when my Nokia starts working, i am going to sell it off to get whatever i can instead of breaking my head over it in the future.

No more Nokia for sure. I had a similar instance with Motorola and after a lot of cajoling and arguments, i paid 2000 bucks and got a new phone altogether. So no Motorola after that and no Nokia from now on. So that leaves Sony, Samsung, HTC and Apple.

The main point is whats the use of having a great phone that wont let you perform a basic function like calling when you are stuck somewhere, imagine.
first sorry to target your post, but Apple is not global giant, they are majorily official only in US. Yes iphone does not come with Global warranty, as per apple US store you can only get an apple product repaired if you have an official apple store or service center in your country as far as i have seen all iphone 4's are prone to breakage compared to Nokia's my lumia has flipped on asphalt, foothpath, stone, fallen on screen in a CCD on a tile it still works, my lock key went bad and they fixed it in a week, i reached them out on twitter. My friend has Apple from US and he still cannot get it repaired. HTC service is bad in India too, i feel this thread is just a rant people haven't even made enough efforts to reach out in written to the company, and yes water damage is covered by no company whether its Apple, samsung or Nokia
Old 26th July 2012, 22:51   #84
BHPian

Nokia as a company is struggling with finance.
In my case my C5 within warranty was at the service station, they did not change the chip set, also they up sell me a one year extended warranty, which i bought, paid them, no receipt given, they said IMEI no will be updated in the system.
Next visit in extended warranty period. They said no warranty, as no proof in the system, i trusted them but 600Inr went down the drain also i got the chip set changed at my expense.

I stick to nokia only for phone durability, but time to rethink, seriously.
Old 26th July 2012, 23:11   #85
BHPian

Think Nokia is reliable & a responsible corporate - Think Again !

My Nokia N8 stopped working & when i went to their so called premium service center on Richmond Road, Blore, (mend Square) i was surprised to find ladies who probably couldnt get a job elsewhere, manning the center.

Handed over the phone & after innumerable follow ups, got the information that phone is ready. Got the phone collected by sending my driver,
Total damage - R 6,000.

- No bill given
- No information provided about repairs done

I have sent 5 mails, called the Nokia helpdesk & lodged a complaint.

Its been a month & NO ACTION has been taken.

Judge for yourself - do i need to keep wasting more time ?

Is this company reliable - No
Do they deserve my repeat business & positive references - Heck, No !
Will they survive in the market with such service - No, (i hope not)

The condition Nokia is in today, is well deserved.
Old 27th July 2012, 01:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
Nokia as a company is struggling with finance.
In my case my C5 within warranty was at the service station, they did not change the chip set, also they up sell me a one year extended warranty, which i bought, paid them, no receipt given, they said IMEI no will be updated in the system.
Next visit in extended warranty period. They said no warranty, as no proof in the system, i trusted them but 600Inr went down the drain also i got the chip set changed at my expense.

I stick to nokia only for phone durability, but time to rethink, seriously.
This is most surely a case of service center duping both you and Nokia. You should most certainly not have paid without a receipt. Of course this does not absolve Nokia in any way, as they are responsible for the functioning of their service centers. And it seems they are as poor as it gets at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Do they deserve my repeat business & positive references - Heck, No !
Will they survive in the market with such service - No, (i hope not)

The condition Nokia is in today, is well deserved.
My sentiments exactly. But its been 4ish years since my bad experience with Nokia. I'd have liked to think that they have learnt and mended their ways. But after seeing so many -ve posts here, it seems they sure have not. Such a company deserves to go down the drain.
Old 27th July 2012, 05:09   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Any of you tried reaching to them via fb or twitter? It usually works better than the conventional mails and call these days. But then, I don't have a personal experience, so can't be sure.

Posting links of this thread on their wall would be fun too!
Old 27th July 2012, 08:39   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any of you tried reaching to them via fb or twitter?
Thanks ! I found them on FB, will post today on their wall & see what happens ! (Im not a user of twitter)
Old 27th July 2012, 16:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for telling about FB / Twitter. I will post on FB. I have sent an email to them and i got an automated response. Dont know by when they would be able to call back or respond effectively. Till then, i am scouting local stores to get my phone repaired.

@Mindgrinder - I agree with you but then to each his own. I have owned more than 5 Nokia phones in the past, only the last 2 have given me issues which clearly shows a deteriorating trend. The only issue-less phone that i had owned was a Sony W810i. It was just my 'keeda' to go for a new one when it was working fine and i dumped it to get a Nokia N79 and then...
Old 29th July 2012, 20:11   #90
BHPian

My wife has decided to change her old Nokia C3. Though she is long time Nokia user, she is fine to explore other companies. If service is the only criteria, which company offers better service quality than Nokia?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks