Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 14:37   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Registration is a simple and painless process and you do not have to declare place of purchase OR an invoice number.
Remember, all serial numbers are unique and just by quoting your serial number, Apple knows your product, capacity and colour. (all apple products, computers and handheld MP3 players)

In effect, if you buy with B&W or in cash from grey, your warranty claim process is identical. Connect your Ipod to iTunes for the first time and iTunes will ask you to register. Do so....................

Warranty claim: Regardless of whether you have registered with Apple or not, when your iPod fails, call 1800-4250744 (MTNL & BSNL only) ..............................

I connected my newly acquired ipod and registered it - no problem.

Then synch-up time - alas, after 200 songs, got a message -disk read error

Rang up the helpline

Stated problem - make setting changes, reboot computer, talk about Bangalore (chap was amazed when I told him that I had had visited his call centre.

no joy - puts me on hold and he escaltes to the US. He reverts - please format ipod. This will take 2 hours so he gives me a case no. Still formatting after 5 hours, I call them back and they tell me to disconnect and take it to Ample for replacement.

Strangely enough, I leave the ipod connected all night and it synchs up and works. The cynic that I am, I do a hard reset and try again and the problem crops up.

...and so hand it in to Ample, in the Forum. They look at it, test it and immediately offer a repalcement in 4 days, only it took 7 days.

Apple Support is tops
Old 30th October 2007, 15:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
The screen quality is outstanding! The software makes the album art look truly beautiful. Ifthere ever was a time to include album art in your ID3 tagging, the time is now.
Regarding Album art, has anyone found a better way to automatically include album art in iTunes Album list?
Old 30th October 2007, 19:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Regarding Album art, has anyone found a better way to automatically include album art in iTunes Album list?
I noticed that Itunes doesnt do the best job of finding album art for songs not bought from the itunes store, however it is a fairly easy process if you want to do it manually.
Old 31st October 2007, 15:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I noticed that Itunes doesnt do the best job of finding album art for songs not bought from the itunes store, however it is a fairly easy process if you want to do it manually.
Manually as in adding album art individually to each song?
Old 31st October 2007, 17:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Manually as in adding album art individually to each song?
Or to a selection of them. rhythmbox does this better than iTunes but it is yet to catch up with the hash thingy in the iTunesDB and can lock you out (Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching: Lock me outta my iPod)
Old 31st October 2007, 18:00   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Use TuneSleeve. itunes album art ipod album art iphone coverflow - TuneSleeve

It does all the work by itself -- pulls album art from the 'net. You just need to watch and approve. It works like a charm.
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:47   #67
BHPian

Well, seems like some great offers on all iPod products. Check out:
New Generation Ipods | Buy New Generation Ipods | Purchase New Generation Ipods | shop for New Generation Ipods | Cheap New Generation Ipods | buy New Generation Ipods online | New Generation Ipods for Low Price | affordable New Generation Ipods
Old 3rd November 2007, 14:23   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Use TuneSleeve. itunes album art ipod album art iphone coverflow - TuneSleeve

It does all the work by itself -- pulls album art from the 'net. You just need to watch and approve. It works like a charm.
Super cool. Album art for iTunes (an apple product) to be viewed on your iPod/iPhone (Apple products) and there no mac compatibility.
Old 3rd November 2007, 17:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tried the (new) iPod classic with an Alpine HU? Does the menu system still work as before?

I hope Apple's shifting to the coverflow interface hasn't made the Alpine's setup incompatible.

Quote:
... and there no mac compatibility.
That's really bad, isn't it? But doesn't the new iTunes pull the Album Art automatically off the 'net?

Last edited by hydrashok : 3rd November 2007 at 17:44.
Old 3rd November 2007, 17:48   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

I can tell you for a fact the there are no issues with iPod accessories (especially the ones that control the menu) and the new iPod classic and Nano.

However some accessories are having trouble with the Touch menu system.

Jesus christ look at your avatar! Now where did that come from?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 3rd November 2007 at 17:49.
Old 19th November 2007, 18:39   #71
BHPian

Hello everyone..
I got a 3rd generation nano and have problems transferring images onto it..It takes a LOT of time to optimise the pictures selected and then to sync them.And even after waiting for over an hour for transferring 15 pics, only 4 of them actually transferred and the rest, iTunes said, cannot be displayed on the ipod..Now, these were normal 1200 by 768 pics..So if 4 of them were transferred then why not the rest??Is this normal??
Old 19th November 2007, 19:35   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Has anybody tried the (new) iPod classic with an Alpine HU? Does the menu system still work as before?

I hope Apple's shifting to the coverflow interface hasn't made the Alpine's setup incompatible.

Hi,

I have the new 80GB Classic and am using it with the Alpine Hi-Speed Ipod Interface cable connected to my 9887 and it works superbly.

No problems whatsoever.

Viper
Old 3rd December 2007, 20:45   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

My 160GB classic was working perfectly till this evening. I connected it to my Mac and it asked me if I wanted to download a software update.

It was a 50MB download, completed it, it installed and that was the last time my iPod played :(
It gets to the album, song name everything, but the counter will not move from 0:00.

When I connect it to my computer it just hangs completely. So now I cannot format or reset it.

I am most upset. I have a lot of extensive travel lined up this month and I leave for Bangalore tomorrow morning. Will now pester Apple service in Bangalore. Hopefully I'll have it fixed or a new one in the next 5 days, will keep you guys posted.
Old 3rd December 2007, 20:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Uh oh! Sorry to hear that, Sam! These FW updates are getting to be a hit-or-miss business nowadays. Hope you get it fixed and running soon.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
My 160GB classic was working perfectly till this evening. I connected it to my Mac and it asked me if I wanted to download a software update.

It was a 50MB download, completed it, it installed and that was the last time my iPod played :(
It gets to the album, song name everything, but the counter will not move from 0:00.

When I connect it to my computer it just hangs completely. So now I cannot format or reset it.

I am most upset. I have a lot of extensive travel lined up this month and I leave for Bangalore tomorrow morning. Will now pester Apple service in Bangalore. Hopefully I'll have it fixed or a new one in the next 5 days, will keep you guys posted.
This happened to me last year when they released an update for my 4G Ipod. After much head scratching (well, not entirely due to the problem on hand ), I arrived at a workable solution - uninstalled the itunes and ipod softwares from the system and installed the one that came on a CD with the ipod... I was able to restore (i.e. re-format) the ipod and reload my library. Have you tried this Sam?

Most Viewed