Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:40   #16

ACT TV looks impressive, never heard of it though...

I hope the quality is as good as they are showing on their website...
Old 1st May 2009, 09:53   #17
Team-BHP Support

Airtel follks called up and said that my 1499 pm broadband plan will be 1599 if I opt for iptv. No other charges except for 1100rs setup charge.
For 100rs extra I get 135 channels?
How is the quality?
How does it compare with normal dishtv etc.,?
I am told that sun dish tv gives HD. Will iptv be also be HD.
I can pause live TV etc., and watch programs later with iptv.
Old 1st May 2009, 20:02   #18
BHPian

Have not tried IPTV from Airtel as the area I reside in has no service from Airtel. I had booked for MTNL IPTV and guess what waited for two months with repeated calls to the customer care and finally one day someone from them came to lay a wire down from the junction box and after that no one called/or turned up. Then about two weeks later got a call that these guys are sending someone to provide a set top box however that person never turned up till next two weeks and then we thought that its good to stay with Tata Sky as these guys are not worried about setting up IPTV today so what if there is any fault that arises. I think they would never turn up if any fault crops up. So better stick to your regular cable/DTH rather than MTNL IPTV.
Old 10th May 2009, 17:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Just had a look at some basic information on Airtel IPTV. I was trying to find out more about STB and found it seems to have HDMI/Optical (though they have not yet mentioned it, but looking at the diagram it seems its got HDMI) - hi-q audio output using optical and component as well.

I have not yet gone thru much details on what type of services and what type of BW they are going to provide with this, but overall it seems and interesting thing if we can get the HDTV experiance over it.
VOD and other services are also available, hope to see the rates coming down once the services are available..

I'm using normal TataSky at the moment and was waiting for TataSky+ or something better to come up with good services or at least good stb where I can put my HTS to a better use.
Do you guys think this AirTel IP tv is worth going for (now)? Here you can find some information about the features and STB specs.

[COLOR=#22229c]Digital TV from Airtel[/COLOR]

Last edited by Ketan : 10th May 2009 at 17:23.
Old 15th March 2011, 20:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Airtel IPTV launched in bangalore!!

got a call from airtel today iptv has been launched in bangalore, if you have existing airtel net connection , need to pay for installation and rs 250 per month as rental.
All channels are present except sun tv network
35 channels have time shift.

for details refer to the link below.

If any existing users please provide reviews / caparison to dth.

airtel ipTV
Old 15th March 2011, 22:24   #21
BANNED

Re: Airtel IPTV launched in bangalore!!

I heard their PQ is poorer than regular cable because of compression algorithm used. i.e the end result of SD content on HD screen is much worse than regular cable...

??
Old 16th March 2011, 13:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
If any existing users please provide reviews / caparison to dth.

airtel ipTV

I have been using Airtel IPTV for over a month at Bangalore.

Quality is good . The facility of time shift TV works and is very useful, though it is limited to 40+ channels.

The STB output is OK, limited to just left /right audio with video. No HDMI , no component video and no HDTV. Otherwise I have no issues with the video and audio quality.

Last edited by adnaps : 16th March 2011 at 13:27. Reason: correction
Old 17th March 2011, 10:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I have been using Airtel IPTV for over a month at Bangalore.

Quality is good . The facility of time shift TV works and is very useful, though it is limited to 40+ channels.

The STB output is OK, limited to just left /right audio with video. No HDMI , no component video and no HDTV. Otherwise I have no issues with the video and audio quality.
did you face any outages ? if yes how fast was the resolution
Old 20th September 2011, 18:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

Re: Iptv

My Airtel IPTV remote control has gone for a toss, and beetel service center says that it cannot be repaired, as the board has shorted.
New remote from company costs 600+ which, frankly speaking, is too much for a remote control.
I am wondering is it possible to get a third party remote from Noida or Delhi for Airtel IPTV (Beetel set top box)?
Old 16th March 2012, 19:44   #25
BHPian

Friends,

Anybody using BSNL MyWay IPTV service?
Would like to get a review/feedback on the quality of service and packages/channels.

Regards
Rex
Old 16th March 2012, 22:21   #26
BHPian

We have airtel iptv for over two years. And frankly, I can't think of shifting to another tv provider. It does not support HD but the option time shift is simply mindblowing. And you don't need to bother with recording as tata sky or dishtv. One weeks of programmed available at the server, so at client end, it's very easy. No outages till now. Just the installation process took a long time from the date of payment till the final installation. had to pull a lot of strings at airtel to finally get it installed. A good decision though.
Old 4th April 2016, 23:21   #27
BHPian

Does anybody have ACT IPTV? How is the quality?
Old 13th July 2016, 13:02   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using Airtel IPTV from last 4 years now and it has just changed the way we watch TV at our home. The time shift TV is just phenomenal and has most channels that a regular house hold watches, apart from Sports where it has only Ten sports. We all have stopped watching live TV completely and usually watch something from the time shift category where you can easily fast forward through the advertisements. But now heard that they are closing the service in this month and discontinuing it from July 31 onwards. Any other service provider that gives this time shift feature?
Old 14th February 2018, 22:48   #29
BHPian

I am a big fan of IPTV the reason being time shift functionality it offers which no other DTH provider in India offers. Back in year 2009 i was a BSNL broadband user. These guys used to promote their IP TV services which was outsourced to third party called Myway IPTV (Some Gurugram based company). That was one of biggest mistake i ever committed and burnt not just my fingers but hand as well. i had invested on 2 TVs with this IPTV connection and enjoying their services with occasional downtime on BSNL ADSL broadband. Eventually myway IPTV shut shop and disappeared in thin air.

Coming straight to the point i recently got ACT Fibernet at my home. I am more interested in ACT IPTV services obviously due to most popular time shift. I know i will not have the same bad experience reported above. That said I am an Airtel DTH user since last 7 years. Would like to know if anyone would like to recommend ACT IPTV for current DTH users, if its worth the money and if it's better quality channels compared to DTH (especially HD channels)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks