Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2009, 09:19   #3226
BHPian

@sat
jjmehta's quote is also with bill and 3 year Panasonic warranty. But as Samurai said, then why not 1000D for nearly the same price with bill and warranty.

Last edited by janitha : 4th May 2009 at 09:20.
Old 4th May 2009, 13:44   #3227
sat
BHPian

Quote:
But as Samurai said, then why not 1000D for nearly the same price with bill and warranty.
Quote:
Lumix LX3 is a fantastic camera, but with a ludicrous price tag. How can you have a compact P&S costing more than many entry level dSLRs.
samurai & janitha,

I have dslr, I need a compact (must have raw) which I can carry in my pocket or a small case fixed to the trouser belt. It does have a ludicrous price tag. Am trying to see if I can get one in from the US from www.cameralandy.com

At time there are good deals on cameras on fredmiranda.com: Specialized in Canon - Nikon SLR Cameras, Forum, Photoshop Plugins, Actions, Reviews, Hosting and Digital Darkroom buy/sell section..

Am also on the look out for a compact p/s canon or panasonic (28mm -100mm approx, 6-8 meg) for my better half. Any suggestion?

some of the options are

Canon ixus 850 IS, 7 mg, 28-105mm - 14k approx launched 2006
Canon ixus 860 IS, 8 mg, 28-105mm - 19k approx

panasonic fx 36, 10 mp, 25-100mm - 12,500 at jj metha
Old 4th May 2009, 13:59   #3228
Team-BHP Support

Try Fuji 100fd, excellent cam
If you have the budget the LX3 is the best of the lot! But expensive.
On a budget, the FX37 makes an excellent choice. Its the FX 36's successor, and gives you
25-125mm zoom range.
Old 5th May 2009, 13:10   #3229
Team-BHP Support

Hi guys,

I have a Canon S5 IS and need to get polarizer filter + graduated neutral density filter. Also, i do not have the adapter for adding the filters (It needs an adapter to screw in the filter, right?).

Please suggest me a good brand of polarizer filter & graduated neutral density filter for Canon S5IS. Will i get the lens adapter from camera shops? Any tech specs i need to keep in mind?

Can anybody some suggest good camera shops in chennai?
Old 12th May 2009, 20:59   #3230
BHPian

Need Help

Gurus,

I am planning to buy a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ7. Some features i really liked are a Large 3.0-inch LCD wide angle display, 25mm Wide-angle, 10.1 Mega Pixels, 12x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Lens with HD Movie Recording and it weighs only Approx. 206g.
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-lumix-dmctz7.jpg
The cost of this camera is close to 22K. I know i may get some real cool DSLR's for another 2-3K more, however i want to buy a camera which has a decent optical zoom, and has the capability to take good pictures during low light.

Need help from all gurus @ TBHP. Guys please help me make this decision.
Old 13th May 2009, 01:03   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@verick View Post
Gurus,

I am planning to buy a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ7. Some features i really liked are a Large 3.0-inch LCD wide angle display, 25mm Wide-angle, 10.1 Mega Pixels, 12x Optical Zoom, LEICA DC Lens with HD Movie Recording and it weighs only Approx. 206g.
Attachment 135595
The cost of this camera is close to 22K. I know i may get some real cool DSLR's for another 2-3K more, however i want to buy a camera which has a decent optical zoom, and has the capability to take good pictures during low light.

Need help from all gurus @ TBHP. Guys please help me make this decision.
I too am looking at buying this cam. But may be this or the panasonic Fz28.
Got a quote of 17K for FZ 28 and for this 19K.
Which one do will be worth going for ?
Currently using Canon IXUS 85 IS
Old 13th May 2009, 20:42   #3232
BHPian

Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I too am looking at buying this cam. But may be this or the panasonic Fz28.
Got a quote of 17K for FZ 28 and for this 19K.
Which one do will be worth going for ?
Currently using Canon IXUS 85 IS
I am looking at a lighter option, a camera that slips in my jeans poscket and has the features that i am looking for (High Optical Zoom, Good Picture Quality, Capability of clicking during low light conditions and overall easy to use function). I understand that i may get a whole lot of options within this price range (Like the FZ28), however my main requirement is the camera should not be bulky. Can you please help me with the dealer details?

Guys, i am really looking forward to some advice from all the experts here, please help me make this choice
Old 14th May 2009, 12:00   #3233
BHPian

[quote=M@verick;1302236]I am looking at a lighter option, a camera that slips in my jeans poscket and has the features that i am looking for (High Optical Zoom, Good Picture Quality, Capability of clicking during low light conditions and overall easy to use function). I understand that i may get a whole lot of options within this price range (Like the FZ28), however my main requirement is the camera should not be bulky. Can you please help me with the dealer details?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 / ZS3 (Review)

Canon PowerShot SX200 IS (Review)

Both are good cameras and cost around the same, The Canon does have one major advantage over the Panasonic, Full Manual Control over Exposure. The Panasonic has an edge with a wider zoom range of 25-300mm than the 28-336mm of the Canon.

Hope this helps.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:24   #3234
BHPian

@Hellcat, i think we have a winner here, both the cameras have similar functions and features, however as per the review i guess the TZ7 is a better option for me. The review surely helped, thank you for your time. I guess i am going in for the Panasonic TZ7 . Please let me know of any dealers in Bombay. I tried calling the various dealers (Including Vijay Sales) listed on the Panasonic India web site, however none of them stored the TZ7.

Thank you for all your assistance.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:49   #3235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@verick View Post
@Hellcat, i think we have a winner here, both the cameras have similar functions and features, however as per the review i guess the TZ7 is a better option for me. The review surely helped, thank you for your time. I guess i am going in for the Panasonic TZ7 . Please let me know of any dealers in Bombay. I tried calling the various dealers (Including Vijay Sales) listed on the Panasonic India web site, however none of them stored the TZ7.

Thank you for all your assistance.
Well you get it from Alfa here at Andheri. They are selling it for 19K under B&W.
Old 18th May 2009, 18:57   #3236
Senior - BHPian

I want to upgrade from my Canon IXY 800 IS (point & shoot) to an entry-level/ mid-range DSLR with a budget of 40k - 55k. This price would have been a great range considering the US prices, if required I can ask my co-brother to get it for me (he flys twice a month to one of the US cities). But, the US warranty is not going to help me by any means, therefore considering the grey market here to save some bucks. I am breaking my head since last 5 days in choosing one before I check the grey prices here. Short listed ones (grey prices are yet to be checked and compared):

1. Canon EOS 500 D (15.1 MP), 18-55mm IS kit, Full HD, High ISO-12800, Digic4, dealer price here Rs.52995, US$899/- (reviewed to be matching the Nikon D90), not yet available with the bangalore dealer, expected only by 22nd May)

2. Nikon D 5000 (12.3 MP), 18-55mm VR kit, dealer price Rs.55950, US$850/- (majority of the reviews rate this lower to the Canon EOS 500D)

3. Nikon D60 (10.2 MP), body only Rs.32450 (US$550), with AF-S DX 18-105 ED VR kit (not the standard kit) Rs.55900-

Its a very tough job to finalise a product, specially when we are throwing out a bigger amount. This will be my first DSLR. My purpose will be mainly family, indoors, outdoors, travels, bit of nature and animals etc. as a hobby. I am sure the grey market pricing will be competent to the US prices quoted above in brackets. Since both US & grey are void of warranty, I rather pick up from local than taking the trouble of bringing it from abroad (infact no patience to wait anymore).

Gurus, friends, die-hard freelancers, fellow brothern, please throw your ideas. My heart says Canon EOS 500 D, I hope it will be available around since its a the latest launch in the above list (march 2009).

Last edited by shajufx : 18th May 2009 at 19:02.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:06   #3237
BHPian

Need to get a handycam for less than 25K. Strictly avoiding miniDV to save myself the hassles of the tedious transferring to PC and investing in DV tapes.

I am aware about basics of photography (exposure, shutter speed, aperture, etc) and own a Canon S2 - whose build quality I really like. I am going to use the handycam for casual shooting - videos of my kids, family functions, etc. May not be using any manual controls for a loooong time and would be relying on the handycam's for it's Auto mode, if any.

I have two options - get it right now from India or get it from the US in around Oct. I generally am quite careful about my electronics and handle them with care (so HDD is also an option).
Old 20th May 2009, 11:45   #3238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I want to upgrade from my Canon IXY 800 IS (point & shoot) to an entry-level/ mid-range DSLR with a budget of 40k - 55k.
Pls post you query in the DSLR thread. You'll get the reply u are looking for.
Here's the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...thread-70.html
Old 20th May 2009, 13:43   #3239
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy for the tip, I have already copied the content to the other thread. Cheers !
Old 25th May 2009, 10:05   #3240
BHPian

i bought a Nikon P80 last week from ebay. What say gurus? Any P80 users here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks