Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 23:26   #3421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
It's a really good news!
I have finally zeroed down to Panasonic FZ35...I was tracing this product from quite a long time...

Zenster, Can you please confirm the exact Price for FZ35 in India?
Some dealer quoted me 22K Grey market with 1 year dealer warranty. When i asked them about the official price they told me its around 34990!
Guru, I have no news on pricing yet either. The dealer price of 22k without Panasonic warranty seems apt but not the 34990 for sure. I am saying this based on my research of comparisons between Panny FZ35 and Sony HX1 on all fronts including pricing on various sites suggested in this forum.

In USA for example, the HX1 retails around $499 and the FZ35 around $399 (one can find better deals online but i'm referring to official pricing). Thats is a difference of 5k roughly. Now the HX1 in india on Sony site is around Rs.30000 (few hundred less/more), so hence i says that 22k Gray sounds appropriate to me and i expect it to be retailed at around 25k-26k. My theory really, nothing official about it. Hope it helps!

Now for my questions, where did u get the quote for 22k with 1 yr warranty? you sure it was FZ35 and not FZ28? I'd love to pick this up asap.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:32   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
So from where did you buy and for how much?

Can we put bulk order for TZ7 from some good site as I am also looking for the same
I bought it for 19k from someone known in grey mkt; was actually looking for LX3 ( which is in acute shortage these days), finally settled for TZ7

Last edited by breezydrive : 18th September 2009 at 23:33.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:57   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Guru, I have no news on pricing yet either. The dealer price of 22k without Panasonic warranty seems apt but not the 34990 for sure. I am saying this based on my research of comparisons between Panny FZ35 and Sony HX1 on all fronts including pricing on various sites suggested in this forum.

In USA for example, the HX1 retails around $499 and the FZ35 around $399 (one can find better deals online but i'm referring to official pricing). Thats is a difference of 5k roughly. Now the HX1 in india on Sony site is around Rs.30000 (few hundred less/more), so hence i says that 22k Gray sounds appropriate to me and i expect it to be retailed at around 25k-26k. My theory really, nothing official about it. Hope it helps!

Now for my questions, where did u get the quote for 22k with 1 yr warranty? you sure it was FZ35 and not FZ28? I'd love to pick this up asap.

I got got the quote from one of the dealer in Panjim Goa. he has already sold 3 Cameras of FZ35 in Goa. yesterday, I mailed Panasonic India for FZ35 pricing...below is the reply received from the company.

Dear Sir,

Fz 35 is not yet launched in India,stocks are not available.

Best Regards,
Customer Care Cell
Panasonic Customer Care Help Line Nos:
1860 425 1860 [ BSNL / MTNL Customers ]
044 - 22352501 [ for others ]
Helpline ID :helpline@npi.panasonic.co.in
Old 20th September 2009, 09:16   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
I got got the quote from one of the dealer in Panjim Goa. he has already sold 3 Cameras of FZ35 in Goa. yesterday, I mailed Panasonic India for FZ35 pricing...below is the reply received from the company.

Dear Sir,

Fz 35 is not yet launched in India,stocks are not available.

Best Regards,
Customer Care Cell
Panasonic Customer Care Help Line Nos:
1860 425 1860 [ BSNL / MTNL Customers ]
044 - 22352501 [ for others ]
Helpline ID :helpline@npi.panasonic.co.in
Hey thanks for the details again bro. I'd be checking a few electronic stores around bangalore (for the Sony HX1 and the Panny FZ28 since FZ35 is not around, just to get an idea of its size and performance a lil bit) on Monday and then the local grey market on Friday. Will keep you guys posted of what i find.
Old 20th September 2009, 13:17   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the details again bro. I'd be checking a few electronic stores around bangalore (for the Sony HX1 and the Panny FZ28 since FZ35 is not around, just to get an idea of its size and performance a lil bit) on Monday and then the local grey market on Friday. Will keep you guys posted of what i find.
Thanks Buddy!....Hope thee Grey market prices go below 18K in Bangalore

Since, I have finalized to go with Panasonic FZ35, I am planning to Buy a Case for Panasonic FZ35 from USA.

Can u Help me to select the case Plz from the below list:
Case Logic SLCC-1 (USA) INR 962/-
Case Logic Camcorder / Camera Case > Photo and Video > Case Logic

Case logic DCB-66 (USA) INR 962/-
Case Logic High Zoom Camera Case > Photo and Video > Case Logic

Sony LCS-MX50 (From India) INR 1490/-
Carrying Case : Handycam® Accessories : Sony India
Old 20th September 2009, 15:28   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Buddy!....Hope thee Grey market prices go below 18K in Bangalore

Since, I have finalized to go with Panasonic FZ35, I am planning to Buy a Case for Panasonic FZ35 from USA.

Can u Help me to select the case Plz from the below list:
Case Logic SLCC-1 (USA) INR 962/-
Case Logic Camcorder / Camera Case > Photo and Video > Case Logic

Case logic DCB-66 (USA) INR 962/-
Case Logic High Zoom Camera Case > Photo and Video > Case Logic

Sony LCS-MX50 (From India) INR 1490/-
Carrying Case : Handycam® Accessories : Sony India
Oh 18k is like getting it at US rate (online deals) and sound too good to be true at this point. Since its just in the process of being launched in India. But it is I'll grab it no questions asked..

Nice cases there Guru, but I have 2 thoughts to the list you quoted. One is that i'll surely not like my Panasonic Cam to be carried in a Sony Bag. This is not brand preference, its just like our famous 'Weird & Wacky Mods Thread' where there is a Indica Vista with a FIAT badge . And secondly, I'd prefer something as sleek as possible. I'd prefer a belt pouch which is sturdy and compact enough that the cam is safe and fits properly.

Out of what you've listed i would put my money on the SLCC. It has a belt attachments, has been used by many on DPREVIEW.com for their FZ28 (similar dimensions) with no issues.

Personally, i'll take the cam with me to they grey and see if i cant something equally good or may be try Staples.

...My 2 Cents!!

Last edited by Zenster : 20th September 2009 at 15:39.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:05   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Oh 18k is like getting it at US rate (online deals) and sound too good to be true at this point. Since its just in the process of being launched in India. But it is I'll grab it no questions asked..

Nice cases there Guru, but I have 2 thoughts to the list you quoted. One is that i'll surely not like my Panasonic Cam to be carried in a Sony Bag. This is not brand preference, its just like our famous 'Weird & Wacky Mods Thread' where there is a Indica Vista with a FIAT badge . And secondly, I'd prefer something as sleek as possible. I'd prefer a belt pouch which is sturdy and compact enough that the cam is safe and fits properly.

Out of what you've listed i would put my money on the SLCC. It has a belt attachments, has been used by many on DPREVIEW.com for their FZ28 (similar dimensions) with no issues.

Personally, i'll take the cam with me to they grey and see if i cant something equally good or may be try Staples.

...My 2 Cents!!

Thanks!

Do send me the snap of the carry case. Do suggest me some sleek carry case for FZ35, as u said M also looking out for a belt Attachment....
Old 21st September 2009, 09:37   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Do send me the snap of the carry case. Do suggest me some sleek carry case for FZ35, as u said M also looking out for a belt Attachment....
Hey, since you mentioned you are planning to get it from US i thought this might help: Re: Panasonic FZ28 / FZ35 / FZ38 Camera Bag: Panasonic Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Hope it heps.
Old 21st September 2009, 21:27   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, since you mentioned you are planning to get it from US i thought this might help: Re: Panasonic FZ28 / FZ35 / FZ38 Camera Bag: Panasonic Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Hope it heps.
Hi,

While browsing internet, I found a website which sell Electronic Goods they also have Case Logic/Tamrac Camera Cases....

Theitdepot - Digital-Cameras

Hope This will help our Team-Bhp members to buy Cases for their cam...

Now M buying from India!...We get cases in India at USA Equivalent Price..
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:08   #3430
BHPian

Hey Friends, I have another question about the FZ35..Have a look at this:

FZ35/38 video experiences: severe glare problems: Panasonic Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Anyone has any suggestions for working around this at all? Its a real put off bcos i need it to take good video if not as great at Sony HX1.

Please reply.
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:41   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Friends, I have another question about the FZ35..Have a look at this:

FZ35/38 video experiences: severe glare problems: Panasonic Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Anyone has any suggestions for working around this at all? Its a real put off bcos i need it to take good video if not as great as Sony HX1 (bold since its correct ).

Please reply.
Sorry to spam guys but i just found an example of what these guys on the DPReview Forums are referring to. Check the initial few seconds of the second video to see what i mean.

Canon PowerShot SX20 IS vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38 / FZ35: 720p HD video comparison | Cameralabs

So what do you guys think, if good video is important than is HX1 a better option with setting like 'Noise Reduction' available to boost the still pic performance.

I know there are some long time Panny fans here, but i would really appreciate an unbiased opinion please. Any suggestions from first hand users of either will be greatly appreciated by me and other like me.

Awaiting your response.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:44   #3432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what do you guys think, if good video is important than is HX1 a better option with setting like 'Noise Reduction' available to boost the still pic performance.
Hi Zenster,

My suggestion - If the frequency and purpose of the camera is going to be more for video than for photos, I'd suggest buy a good handycam for that and a mid range point and shoot camera for your occasional photography. You'll need to stretch your budget a wee bit, but this option will accomodate both your needs nicely.

Just my $0.02!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:56   #3433
BHPian

FinePix S2000HD | Fujifilm Global

Got this Camera yesterday, paid 12,400/- with 2gb card, bag & rechargeable battery set. Good value for the features.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:34   #3434
Senior - BHPian

@ritayan: Congrats on your new camera. I think this is the best value going for superzoom P&S camera going around. I am too looking for a travel superzoom do it all camera. Once you have shot enough with your new camera could you care to comment on CA seen in your photos. I have read that high CA is the only problem in this otherwise very good good camera.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:54   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
CA seen in your photos. I have read that high CA is the only problem in this otherwise very good good camera.

Being a Greenhorn in photography, can you explain what it means. I am currently shooting away to glory. Will upload the album soon for all to see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks