Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 23:06   #3526
BHPian

Pls. provide me the Prices for the 8GB SDHC Cards!!!!
Old 5th November 2009, 23:43   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Pls. provide me the Prices for the 8GB SDHC Cards!!!!
Hey Sorry for delay buddy, here is what i could find...Hope it gives you some pointers on your queries. And yeah i'd prefer the SD Extreme III given it communicates at ~30mb/s.

SCAN DISK 4GB SD CARD (Class-4) - 1700/-
SD EXTREME III CARD 8 GB (Class-6) - 1850/-
Transcend 8 GB SD CARD (Class-6) - 980/-
Transcend 16 GB SD CARD (Class-6) - 3180/-

Source: Computer Warehouse Online - Product Catalogue () - A lot of my friends have bought stuff from this store earlier and trust him more than National Market . Prices are not very different from Gray for sure.

Awaiting a full FZ35 review from you..All the Best!
Old 6th November 2009, 11:47   #3528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

I need to buy a 8GB SDHC Class 6 card for my Panasonic FZ35. Can any one tell me which one is better and the price of the cards in your region.
1) Transend SDHC Class 6
2) ScanDisk SDHC Class 6
3) Kingston SDHC Class 6
4) ScanDisk III Extreme Class 6
Unless you are shooting video at 720p or more and at 30fps or more you dont need a very fast card. In fact the Extreme III, Ultra II, cards you have chosen are all 20Mbps or more way faster than your P&S can write data on them. Any of the cards on your list are more than adequate for your camera. I use cards like this (in fact even slower Class 4 cards will do) to shoot AVCHD video.
Old 6th November 2009, 15:31   #3529
Senior - BHPian

after a lot of confusion and dilemma i landed buying up Panasonic TZ11. 8.1 mp 10x zoom.

cameras considered before buying:

1. Fujifilm S1500/S2000hd- both these cameras are best VFM. 10 MP and 15X zoom with hundreds of functions is a lot more camera than you pay for. Price 13250rs with 4gm card, batteries-4nos and tripod.
but after reading reviews on dp,dc and trusted reviews and lot more i found that the image quality isnt quite there.

2. canon 120is - nice image quality, less functions and sluggish performace at a price range of 15000-16000

3. sony h20 - beautiful camera, nice image quality, slow in night mode but overpriced 17800rs

after reading whole lot of reviews, expert opinions, user reviews and what not for 6 long days i learned about panasonic state of art LEICA lens that delivers best in class images.

the TZ11 comes with intelligent auto which sets the scene, modes, iso, apperture and all other settings automatically. the camera performs faster than all the above cameras mentioned. it also has manual 24 scene modes.
with a price tag of 13500rs +4gb card+ original pouch+scratchgaurd its definitely a steal.

the image quality at night is also awesome. no barrel distoration even at 10X zoom. the optical zoom also operates during video recording. overall i am very much satisfied with my new camera.
will post the sample images soon.
Old 6th November 2009, 23:34   #3530
BHPian

Hi Navin,

I'll Clicking 70% Still images and 30% 720p videos. I have Specifically chosen this bcoz of the Still & Motion JPEG.

Thanks Zenster for providing the prices....
You may check this below link to judge the quality of Panasonic FZ35.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 - a set on Flickr

Dawn at Mount Assiniboine on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You will surely buy this after viewing the snaps...
Old 7th November 2009, 14:26   #3531
BHPian

Thanks Zenster,

I will finally order Transcend 8 GB SD CARD (Class-6) TS8GSDHC6 for 980/- today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Sorry for delay buddy, here is what i could find...Hope it gives you some pointers on your queries. And yeah i'd prefer the SD Extreme III given it communicates at ~30mb/s.

SCAN DISK 4GB SD CARD (Class-4) - 1700/-
SD EXTREME III CARD 8 GB (Class-6) - 1850/-
Transcend 8 GB SD CARD (Class-6) - 980/-
Transcend 16 GB SD CARD (Class-6) - 3180/-

Source: Computer Warehouse Online - Product Catalogue () - A lot of my friends have bought stuff from this store earlier and trust him more than National Market . Prices are not very different from Gray for sure.

Awaiting a full FZ35 review from you..All the Best!
Old 8th November 2009, 19:37   #3532
Senior - BHPian

here are the sample snaps from my new Panasonic TZ11 camera.

1. intelligent auto- colors are very natural
2. clock with full zoom 10x- details are not lost, just a bit of noise as the shot is taken indoor with low illumination .

3. the news paper in macro mode - fine details with close shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-flower.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-clock.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-macro.jpg  

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 8th November 2009 at 19:40.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:48   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Zenster,

I will finally order Transcend 8 GB SD CARD (Class-6) TS8GSDHC6 for 980/- today.
Awesome, and that link had some cool pics too. It does make me want that camera real bad :P However i'm still waiting for pics from you and lil review.
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:10   #3534
Senior - BHPian

SX 20 vx FZ 35 ?

I am toying with the idea of picking up one of the two cameras, FZ35 and the SX20. I am confused which one I should be going for.
The Canon offers a slightly larger zoom and articulating flip out display screen, while the FZ35 is offered at a slightly lower price (around $25 , give or take a few).
Which one would be the better to go for ? Any first hand experiences about the two ?
Old 22nd November 2009, 06:40   #3535
Senior - BHPian

while FZ35 is reported to have slightly better pic quality, especially in HD video, keep in mind that canon works on AA battery, offers super macro, and continuous shooting till memory fills up. and you may soon have a CHDK for it to do a lot other tweaks.

I would love to get one but already have two digi cameras with me
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:58   #3536
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to buy a mega zoom digicam. I have short listed the following. Plz help me choose the right one.
1. Nikon Coolpix L100: http://www.nikon.co.in/productitem.p...307-c67ff5832f
2. Sony H20: DSC-H20 : H Series : Digital Still Camera : Sony India
3. Fujifilm S2000HD: FinePix S2000HD | Fujifilm Global

Fujifilm is the cheapest of the 3 with 15X optical zoom and offers HD video recording too. If anyone has used Fujifilm before, can you plz tell me how's the performance?
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:00   #3537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am toying with the idea of picking up one of the two cameras, FZ35 and the SX20. I am confused which one I should be going for.
The Canon offers a slightly larger zoom and articulating flip out display screen, while the FZ35 is offered at a slightly lower price (around $25 , give or take a few).
Which one would be the better to go for ? Any first hand experiences about the two ?
In the same boat with the same question.

A big -ve point, for my needs, in case of the Canon is that it's quite a bit heavier than the Panny. Defeats the portability requirement somewhat. Also at Amazon, the Canon is $35 dearer.

The AA compatibility is a big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
while FZ35 is reported to have slightly better pic quality, especially in HD video, keep in mind that canon works on AA battery, offers super macro, and continuous shooting till memory fills up. and you may soon have a CHDK for it to do a lot other tweaks.
I had decided on the SX20, and then the almost unanimous views on the better PQ of the FZ in the reviews has swayed me. I guess I'll buy a spare battery with the price differential and go for the FZ. I find the FZ to have better looks too

Btw, what's CHDK?
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:08   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I'm planning to buy a mega zoom digicam. I have short listed the following. Plz help me choose the right one.

Fujifilm is the cheapest of the 3 with 15X optical zoom and offers HD video recording too. If anyone has used Fujifilm before, can you plz tell me how's the performance?

I am using the S2000HD for the last 2 months. Some pics are posted ahead and in the scale model thread. It is to me the best value of the lot for my amature needs.
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:52   #3539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

aah exactly the same options which i had i had also added canon 120is. after a lot of research, reviews ,personal trials at various shops first we bought S2000HD. its true value for money with so many options and the 15X mega zoom. but if you want great picture quality you will be dismissed.
then when my cousin showed a lot of interest i sold it to him within 2 days.

then i came across the best in class Panasonic TZ11 and TZ15. just type google and search reviews. all impressive reviews. personally did some trials. this is the best camera with 10X zoom with the legendary LEICA lens and a whooping long list of functions with the intelligent auto mode.

at 13500rs TZ11 was the best bet for me. 4gb card with pouch and free scratch guard was the free icing over the cake.
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:05   #3540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
then i came across the best in class Panasonic TZ11 and TZ15. just type google and search reviews. all impressive reviews. personally did some trials. this is the best camera with 10X zoom with the legendary LEICA lens and a whooping long list of functions with the intelligent auto mode.

at 13500rs TZ11 was the best bet for me. 4gb card with pouch and free scratch guard was the free icing over the cake.
I can't find the cameras you mentioned on the Panasonic India website. Is it discontinued?
Anyways, I have heard a lot about the FZ28/38 camera from Panasonic, which have 18X zoom! Even the review on photographyblog.com rates it as the best superzoom camera. Does anyone know the price for that?
LUMIX DMC-FZ28 | Super Zoom | Digital AV | Panasonic India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I am using the S2000HD for the last 2 months. Some pics are posted ahead and in the scale model thread. It is to me the best value of the lot for my amature needs.
Nice pics of the scale models. How does the camera perform in dark conditions? I'm seriously interested in this Fuji. it's awesome VFM.

Last edited by theragingbull : 22nd November 2009 at 22:12.

Most Viewed