Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 12:20   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@shishir_bn : Check out your user manual of A520 on page 56.It specifies max times as 30 sec at 10fps (640x480 resolution) and 3 minutes at 15fps (320x240 & 160x120 resolution).

Regards
Thanks for the input. So that means I am using the 2nd option till now.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:35   #3722
BANNED

@shisir_bin : That is correct .
Old 26th January 2010, 21:59   #3723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Okay guys heart/mind is set on HX1 as no one Canon SX1S , Panasonic TZ35 , NikonP90 , OlympusSP590UZ is matching up to sony .
Now since i am buying first time from grey i have few qs.
1.) When i buy can i check the camera at the shop if it is even working or not?
2.) How to know it is genuine with no issues?
3.) What comes along with it i.e in the box items ?
4.) Where can i buy it in Delhi (Availability : I checked Chandni chowk none had it )?
5.) What is the best price ?
6.) Anything else ?
7.) Any problem being faced by existing users / buyers ?
Regards
Has you check ed Canon Sx20IS or Sx10 IS , they are better than HX1 IMO . as you are keen on grey market and living in delhi , check Out Pritam Studio (011-23271410) in Chandni chowk, they will allow you to check camera before buying. Can the Before going, they normally tell you Price and availability on phone ...
Old 26th January 2010, 23:49   #3724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Panasonic: TZ-35
Out of these, I think only the TZ-35 has HD video.
Would that be TZ or FZ? Is the FZ 35 referred to as the TZ-35 in some markets?
Old 27th January 2010, 00:04   #3725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Thanks for the input. So that means I am using the 2nd option till now.

You may try CHDK. I dont know whether your camera is supported but you can google and download the relevant CHDK version if its supported. This will enable a host of features besides unlimited video. (of course limited by the available memory)
Old 27th January 2010, 00:19   #3726
Distinguished - BHPian

@Trust_In_Thrust: Okay guys heart/mind is set on HX1 as no one Canon SX1S , Panasonic TZ35 , NikonP90 , OlympusSP590UZ is matching up to sony .

Says who? And on what parameters? I believe the Canon SX1S, Fuji 200EXR, Panasonic FZ35 are better overall than the Sony HX1

Sure you can but I would prefer a factory sealed box (not shopkeeper sealed). As you never know if you are getting a refurbished unit.
Impossible to know for sure if it has minor quality issues unless extensively tested (not possible in a shop). You may take along a memory card of yours and click some pictures at the shop then check them on your pc at home for sharpness,contrast etc. 9this will need a atleast a couple of visits to the shop) You can also check the exif to see if you get a shutter count.
Usually given in the first few pages of the manual. Grey market dealers also throw in freebies like memory cards, bags etc. depending on the model.
4.) Where can i buy it in Delhi (Availability : I checked Chandni chowk none had it )?
Can't help you on that if you have been to Chandi chowk (Madanjee/Pritam)
No idea
6.) Anything else ?
Regarding what
No problems yet for my grey market stuff. I don't own a Sony digicam though.
Regards[/quote]

Last edited by robimahanta : 27th January 2010 at 00:27.
Old 27th January 2010, 09:28   #3727
Senior - BHPian

Guys my friend is looking to buy a mid range dslr and asked me for suggestions . Since i dont know much about cameras i thought w will ask the gurus out here for their help .
I friend has narrowed the options to the sony alpha 550 with 14.2 mp and the nikon d90 with 12.4 mp.
I think the nikon has a larger view range with its kit lens as 18-105mm and the sony has 18-55mm.He is also planing to uy it with the kit lens only.

Which would have better picture clarity and which should he go for .Please advsie with some points supporting the cameras you suggest.

SORRY MODS WRONG THREAD.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 27th January 2010 at 09:31.
Old 27th January 2010, 10:19   #3728
BHPian

I am considering upgrading to Canon SX 20 IS. There is some discount offer and it is available for 22450 with b/w. Is it worth it?

Regards,
Old 27th January 2010, 15:43   #3729
BHPian

CHDK for SX20 IS is in beta stage!!

looks like CHDK is available for SX20 now though in beta stage. has anybody tried it so far on SX20. 'm planning to load it tomorrow. any caveats to follow..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I am considering upgrading to Canon SX 20 IS. There is some discount offer and it is available for 22450 with b/w. Is it worth it?

Regards,
'm not sure: but rs. 22450 with b/w is the lowest price that i have seen in India.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:17   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Guys i have a w300 sony cybershot. This was the one with a 13.6 mp resolution and the antiscratch black body .
I really want to know why it was on sale only for a few months and why have they stopped selling it when all the previous models are still available on the market.
And also why sony is not producing cameras with such resolution anymore ?
Old 27th January 2010, 20:55   #3731
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
@Trust_In_Thrust: Okay guys heart/mind is set on HX1 as no one Canon SX1S , Panasonic TZ35 , NikonP90 , OlympusSP590UZ is matching up to sony .

Says who? And on what parameters? I believe the Canon SX1S, Fuji 200EXR, Panasonic FZ35 are better overall than the Sony HX1

Sure you can but I would prefer a factory sealed box (not shopkeeper sealed). As you never know if you are getting a refurbished unit.
Impossible to know for sure if it has minor quality issues unless extensively tested (not possible in a shop). You may take along a memory card of yours and click some pictures at the shop then check them on your pc at home for sharpness,contrast etc. 9this will need a atleast a couple of visits to the shop) You can also check the exif to see if you get a shutter count.
Usually given in the first few pages of the manual. Grey market dealers also throw in freebies like memory cards, bags etc. depending on the model.
Can't help you on that if you have been to Chandi chowk (Madanjee/Pritam)
No idea
6.) Anything else ?
Regarding what
No problems yet for my grey market stuff. I don't own a Sony digicam though.
Regards
[/quote]

Only Sony is offering the complete combination with HD Video , 10fs burst , Li-Ion Battery , Least amount if memory used in HDVideo recording.

In others Canon uses memory bigtime in HDvideo recording , Also uses Ni-Mh Battery.
In Others one is using CCD (No CMOS) , Fps very low compared to sony , No HDVideo etc.
I had made the complete list i will try to find where i had kept it .
If i find i will scan and upload it .
Also since i am new i could be wrong but could the gurus tell me why one is better than the other in a package .

Regards
Old 28th January 2010, 09:51   #3732
Distinguished - BHPian

Only Sony is offering the complete combination with HD Video , 10fs burst , Li-Ion Battery , Least amount if memory used in HDVideo recording.

In others Canon uses memory bigtime in HDvideo recording , Also uses Ni-Mh Battery.
In Others one is using CCD (No CMOS) , Fps very low compared to sony , No HDVideo etc.
I had made the complete list i will try to find where i had kept it .
If i find i will scan and upload it .
Also since i am new i could be wrong but could the gurus tell me why one is better than the other in a package .

Regards[/quote]

I guess HD video is a priority for you over still pictures. Then getting the HX1 makes sense. As for me, I use the camera for stills only though HD is available as I find video editing is cumbersome and it fills up memory pretty fast.
Anyway, Canon SX1 has a CMOS. I dont think CMOS/CCD makes such a huge difference at an amateur level. Even the Sony A380 DSLR uses a CCD sensor and it is by no means a bad camera.
The panasonic FZ35 has a lithium ion battery as well.
Now, if I have to point out some negatives about the HX1. It has a smaller sensor, no accessory shoe for flash, softness at longer focal lengths, no RAW mode. Moreover,a little more noise compared to the others and struggling to attain critical focus in poor light conditions makes it a second choice for low light photography.
Old 28th January 2010, 10:06   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Would that be TZ or FZ? Is the FZ 35 referred to as the TZ-35 in some markets?
I'm sorry, It is FZ-35
Old 28th January 2010, 11:55   #3734
BANNED

@robinmahanta : Thanks for the info.
I will ask you straight .
I have a budget of 20K-30K (MRP) .
The things i require :
1.) Good Night shots with no light, moonlight etc.
2.) Ability to catch fast moving objects say like insect wings .
3.) Rechargeable Battery (Preference Li_IOn)
4.) Zoom i am not sure .

To be truthful i am confused.
I looked at Sony TX7 , TX1 , WX1 , HX1.
If i leave out the zoom i love TX7.

Could you please help .
I am open to any brand but clarity in both pictures and video is must .
Also the reason i find sony attractive is its new CMOS sensor in TX7 which is backlit an d i found night shots good with it .

REgards
Old 28th January 2010, 12:14   #3735
Team-BHP Support

Sony digicams have a smaller sensor than ones found in likes of Panasonic LX3. If you want good long exposure performance, look for panasonic instead of Sony. Panasonic cams have better low light and high ISO performance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks