Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 22:50   #4636
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
..... I assume Fujifilm no longer makes this camera looking at the 4MP sensor and review dated Jan 2005. ....
I told you, its an old camera!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
BTW, I have an old 10x optical jhoom lens camera the f-number varies between f2.8 to f3.1, wide to tele!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
The sensor size at 1/2.7" is also smaller than the standard 1/2.3"-1/2.4".
Yeah!! I was also surprised when I saw that but ofcourse I only got to understand the sensor sizes since the last two years.

But the surprising thing is despite being a very very small sensor, though grainy there is hardly any noise at its max ISO (thats 400) setting. Infact it fares better than some of the newer p&s cameras with slightly bigger sensors!!!
Old 1st June 2011, 17:17   #4637
BHPian

quick question.I have a canon SX10 with 20x zoom.will using a tripod give me better results for zoom and night phts? Also what are the prices for entry level tripods?
Old 1st June 2011, 17:29   #4638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
quick question.I have a canon SX10 with 20x zoom.will using a tripod give me better results for zoom and night phts? Also what are the prices for entry level tripods?
In my opinion anything more than 150mm focal length tripod is a must!! 20x zoom, I guess implies to around 500mm. Yes tripod is your best bet!! Else you are limited to only few shutter speeds and apertures!!
Old 1st June 2011, 18:37   #4639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Tripod is definitely recommended for taking pictures at high zoom and at low light.

I have seen Sony Tripods which had really good build quality staring from 1.5K - 1.7K at Croma.

Tripod : Cyber-shot™ Accessories : Sony India
Old 7th June 2011, 20:22   #4640
BHPian

Tested the zoom of HS20exr. Here are some shots. The zoom area is marked with a circle. Comments please. Got hands on it for a test shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf2001.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf2002.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf2003.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf2005.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf2007.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf2008.jpg  

Old 7th June 2011, 22:41   #4641
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't it amazing just being able to do that?

And, what is more amazing than the zoom, is being able to do it without a tripod.

My camera's 12* is old hat now, but I still enjoy.
Old 7th June 2011, 23:08   #4642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
Tested the zoom of HS20exr. Here are some shots. The zoom area is marked with a circle. Comments please. Got hands on it for a test shoot.
Wonderful mate

But shocked to see the last snap.
Who could do this to a poor bug (Beetle)
Old 8th June 2011, 07:39   #4643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
You just put some of our bazooka's to shame.To say great zoom with zilch noise is an understatement. Money wisely invested man.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:48   #4644
Senior - BHPian

@Sahir Kittur:
Those shots are simply amazing. The EXR sensor is doing its magic. The HS10 used Sony's dated CMOS sensor and I have not got such good long range shots on it. The trick part will be doing night shots. I have a request: put up your beast on a tripod and let rip a few long exposure shots and post them here. You can switch to M mode and set the shutter speed to 30". Will love to see the performance of the EXR.

P.S. A Tata bus in Doha. That's pretty neat!
Old 8th June 2011, 10:21   #4645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
@Sahir Kittur:
Those shots are simply amazing. The EXR sensor is doing its magic. The HS10 used Sony's dated CMOS sensor and I have not got such good long range shots on it. The trick part will be doing night shots. I have a request: put up your beast on a tripod and let rip a few long exposure shots and post them here. You can switch to M mode and set the shutter speed to 30". Will love to see the performance of the EXR.

P.S. A Tata bus in Doha. That's pretty neat!
@ToN, I would have loved to test the camera for low light performance, but I had to handover the camera to whom it belonged. ( I just picked it up from Aramex for him ). I am posting a couple of shots which are from my cam here, would love to read your response on the zoom range of the same. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-l1000653.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-l1000657.jpg  

Old 8th June 2011, 10:50   #4646
Senior - BHPian

Sahir, the zoom is impressive. However, the main factor to look at is the noise levels at full zoom. Which is why I had asked for a long exposure, tripod mounted shot. I do not have such an image from my HS10 handy, but hopefully should have one by tomorrow. Then we can compare notes.
Old 9th June 2011, 13:40   #4647
BHPian

Guys, need some help. I am on the look out for a camera. Budget is around 20-25k INR. I plan to buy within a month.

I am consciously staying away from DSLR at this moment. Prefer something from Sony/Canon. Second preference would be from Nikon stable. I am not keen on purchasing a Olympus/Fuji/Kodak/Pentax.
Old 9th June 2011, 14:59   #4648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
Guys, need some help. I am on the look out for a camera. Budget is around 20-25k INR. I plan to buy within a month.

I am consciously staying away from DSLR at this moment. Prefer something from Sony/Canon. Second preference would be from Nikon stable. I am not keen on purchasing a Olympus/Fuji/Kodak/Pentax.
Hi,
Nowdays, lots of sony canon and Nikon advertisements come on TV. You can buy the camera in the advertisements which you like the most.
This is the best way to select a camera when you are going brand specific than need specific.
Old 9th June 2011, 15:20   #4649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
Why this adversity to other brands? Have you any previous experience which is putting you off.

I would suggest one more brand i.e Panasonic. IMHO you can get some fantastic results with a Panasonic, pity its the least preferred ones atleast on T-BHP. Please do test the cameras before you come to the final choice.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:45   #4650
BHPian

Brand loyalty I can understand but not brand discrimination. I had always been a Sony loyalist, but three years ago I bought a Panasonic superzoom (FZ8) and I was more than happy with my choice. Now I'm in the market again and I'm looking across brands. DSLR is overkill for my needs, so I'm looking at a new improved superzoom. I have my eye on the Fuji HS10 (which currently retails for about 18K in Bombay) but I think I'll wait till the HS20 is available here before I take the plunge. Any idea what the HS20 costs in the US at the moment?

Most Viewed