Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-366.html)

So after years of enjoying my Alpha 58 with DT18/250, I have started missing a feature which is commonly available in a bridge/prosumer. I have felt the need to click photos while recording a video. Till now it was either one of them.

So looking to buy a good bridge... Budget around 30-40K. Have shortlisted Pana FZ300. It seems to have everything I need. But issue is it's stocked out everywhere. Listed on Amazon as import from US. Price:40K. What say?

Request suggestions in this regard Please.

Hi, I have an old Canon 5d that has stoped working and a 24-105 lens that needs some cleaning. Any recommendations where I can get these serviced reliably in Mumbai.

A quick search on Google threw up K Prabhakar on DN Road as a well recommended camera service center. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locomotive (Post 4465634)
Hi, I have an old Canon 5d that has stoped working and a 24-105 lens that needs some cleaning. Any recommendations where I can get these serviced reliably in Mumbai.

A quick search on Google threw up K Prabhakar on DN Road as a well recommended camera service center. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Canon offers excellent service for their camera's. Have you talked to them. I got my Canon A540 repaired from them for a reasonable amount 3 years back. Look up their service centre details on their website. 5d is a professional DLSR and it would be best to trust it with Canon.

Here is the address from Canon's site.

Master Service Centre
Level IV Camera Service Centre

502, 5th Floor 194, Natraj By Rustomjee, Junction of Andheri Kurla Road and Western Express Highway

Mumbai - 400064

Maharashtra
Phone : 18001803366, 18002083366
Email : customersupport@canon.co.in
Timing : 10:30 AM to 7:00PM, Monday to Saturday
Weekly Off : Sunday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4465669)
Canon offers excellent service for their camera's. Have you talked to them. I got my Canon A540 repaired from them for a reasonable amount 3 years back. Look up their service centre details on their website. 5d is a professional DLSR and it would be best to trust it with Canon.

I got my camera repaired at the Gurgaon center. Thought i would mention that.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing consecutive posts within 30 minutes on the same thread.

Not sure if this is not the right thread. I am looking to buy a good 360 camera. Any suggestions that offer good pic quality, easy of use both features wise and final editing? Image Stabilization is imp and so is wind reduction.

Does anyone in Bangalore use or have a P&S camera that uses a NP-40 battery ?

I have one, which was misplaced for sometime. Found it today, charged the battery (took 3 hours), but the camera doesnot fire up. Would like to check if it is my battery or the camera that could be at fault.

The camera is a Casio Exilim Z1080.

Is there a JJ Mehta equivalent in Bangalore ? or any other reputed camera store other than Whizz ?
Looking for a particular camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4575963)
Is there a JJ Mehta equivalent in Bangalore ? or any other reputed camera store other than Whizz ?

What about the GK Vale camera stores? Most have no knowledge but I am sure the central BLR ones can advise.

Can any Bhpian recommend me a good P&S camera under 50K, preferably with a viewfinder. I googled and came up with below options :

1) Sony a5100 or 2) Canon G7X or 3) Canon m100 or 4) Canon m6 5) Canon G5x

I am really confused as there are not many options with viewfinder or APS-C\1 Inch Sensors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fillmore (Post 4575963)

Also check:

RK Photo in Gandhinagar
Foto Circle

The Panasonic FZ1000 has a 1" sensor, comes under 50K and has decent zoom range.

https://www.amazon.in/PANASONIC-F2-8.../dp/B00KOUIBZW

Sony RX100 III has lesser zoom range but supposedly better image quality.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Cybershot.../dp/B00K7O2DJU

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedised (Post 4589945)
Can any Bhpian recommend me a good P&S camera under 50K, preferably with a viewfinder. I googled and came up with below options :

1) Sony a5100 or 2) Canon G7X or 3) Canon m100 or 4) Canon m6 5) Canon G5x

I am really confused as there are not many options with viewfinder or APS-C\1 Inch Sensors.

^^

I am planning to ditch my canon 600D DSLR and get an advanced point and shoot.
If you want the best image quality in a compact body, SOny RX100 series is the best option but it's also the most expensive.

I have decided to go for the RX100 III after my research as it meets all my requirements including the budget of 50K. Canon G7 Mark II is the next best option I feel but Sony has better image quality and autofocus.

I will be visiting Kuala Lumpur in a couple of weeks. I have not been there since 1979. Any recommendations for good camera shops?

Jeroen

I have a 12 year old Canon powershot SD600. The camera works fine but the battery has run down completely. Canon doesn't make replacements, so the only option is aftermarket.

This is a NB-4L. I saw some options on amazon and flipkart but they don't look too reliable. Are there any other options like aliexpress which would be better ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 4640207)
This is a NB-4L. I saw some options on amazon and flipkart but they don't look too reliable. Are there any other options like aliexpress which would be better ?

My experience with all aftermarkets batteries is just pot luck. Some are fine, some are not. That appears to be the case for those brands that get good reviews too. Not a guarantee your battery will do well.

So I have just given up on them all together and stick to the original batteries. They cost, but at least last.

With a battery being discontinued by the camera vendor, you have no other options of course. I have used this particular brand twice, including my then Canon Sure shot. One did ok, one was useless. Kept losing its charge in less than a week, even when stored outside the camera.

Good luck
Jeroen

Hi,
I am planning to get a used D850, or if a get a sweet deal a D5. Which camera shop in Bangalore is dependable? And what should I watch out for when buying a used camera? What should be the shutter count? Inputs appreciated!