Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-45.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 473692)
But why do want to buy that focal length? Your current range already covers that.

One, I may get it for cheap.
Two, I am not really happy with my kit lens when talking portraits but at this moment I am not really sure if it is the lens or my skills.
Three, I bought an extra large backpack for carrying cameras around and it weighs more than the camera with two lens. So want to even it out by adding one more lens stupid:

I think I will continue with my kit lens till I am really unhappy and then dump it for better lens.

IF you want to shoot nice potraits with blurred backgrounds, buy this $70 lens. Its worth it. Thats the short story. I would rate this lens a must have for all canon shooters who cannot afford the 85mm 1.4 or other such exotic things.

As for pentax camera good or bad, I have absolutely no idea at all. I have handled a few prosumer cams, but am a little dumb when it comes to P&S.

That said pentax makes nice cams which are usually a good VFM.

As for customs I doubt they will bother about something which costs 90$

Check this out Tsk,

PENTAX

They released a new K100D with Dust Removal System.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 474310)
Ok, I don't understand this terminology, All I want to know is what lens do I get to get such good backgrounds? Rest I will work it out. :)

OT: Sks_Byker did U manage to sell ur 350D yet? :)

Nope... just adding more lens to the "to buy" list :)

For those of you who are interested in learning photography and attending some workshops, here is nice place. I don't know about their expertise but their location is very tempting to attend atleast one workshop. This link is in my Bookmarks for 4 years.
Photography Institute india, college of photography, School of indian photography, photography workshops, photography workshop,photography college, photography academy,photogrphy institutes india, fine art photography,photography class,photography wo

My boss got a Sony H7 last week from the US. He was naturally very proud of it. I got to take a look at it and clicked a few test shots. Looks good with many useful manual features. He paid about 15 K INR for it. (Without memory stick). I looked it up on the web and found it to be quite feature rich.

@driveR.... It might be feature rich but when it comes to shooting pic, it isnt that good. So much so for the features. The review for the same is posted on dpreview and also for the sony H9.

Ok a friend is gonna buy a Digicam ~ 10K. Max budget 10K without Memory stick. He is zeroing on a sony cam which is costing around 9K.

Will try to get the model number of Sony Cam which he is tempted to purchase but i told him he may look at some others too. So any suggestions ??

Requirements:
Good picture quality
Audio/Video recording depending upon the memory card
Pictures clicked night should be good.
2Gb car support.

Abhibh, I use a canon and I'd suggest to have a look at Canon. Main problem with sony is the memory, its got pro duo. And the new Canon's offer you IS too, so have a look at them. :)

Guys,

Anyone has anything to say on the kodak z612? is it good for the price?

EDIT: Also, is a 6MP, 12x zoom config good for an amatuer? I dont have any experience with digi-cams, except the basic ones with point and shoot. However, am really realy interested in photography.

I dont know whether i'll be able to buy this cam. However, father has offered to buy me a good phone (N73 music edition for the 3MP cam). I was planning to ask for a good cam instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 487670)
@driveR.... It might be feature rich but when it comes to shooting pic, it isnt that good. So much so for the features. The review for the same is posted on dpreview and also for the sony H9.

Thanks ET. A colleague is undecided as to which digicam to do for. I had initially suggested Canon S5 IS and the two Sony H7 and H9. Now I may need to ask him to reconsider the options.

Btw, anyone has an idea how the Canon Powershot TX1 is? On paper it looks good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 488212)
Guys,

Anyone has anything to say on the kodak z612? is it good for the price?

EDIT: Also, is a 6MP, 12x zoom config good for an amatuer? I dont have any experience with digi-cams, except the basic ones with point and shoot. However, am really realy interested in photography.

I dont know whether i'll be able to buy this cam. However, father has offered to buy me a good phone (N73 music edition for the 3MP cam). I was planning to ask for a good cam instead.

Crazy_driver,

I'd suggest you to buy a P&S instead of prosumer cameras. Learn photography on P&S and then directly move to a DSLR. If you still feel you should go for a prosumer then buy the Canon S3 IS, look no further. :)

Check this article,

Covers almost everything there is to be on lenses..

Canon EOS Beginners' FAQ III - Lenses

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriverR (Post 488594)
Thanks ET. A colleague is undecided as to which digicam to do for. I had initially suggested Canon S5 IS and the two Sony H7 and H9. Now I may need to ask him to reconsider the options.

Btw, anyone has an idea how the Canon Powershot TX1 is? On paper it looks good.

Canon S3 IS is still the king in the ultra zoom cam. I had the option of going for sony h9, h7 and the olympus sp550 uz and but still I took S3 IS.
The problem that in all the new ultra zooms the size of the sensor is really small and they have crammed 8 megapixel into the chip resulting in higher noise and overall worse ISO and low ligh performance besides a lot of other factors.
Canon S3 IS is the one to buy.

Nikon D80
Digital SLR Camera (10 Megapixel)
with Nikon AF-S 18-135mm DX G ED Lens
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e
Quick Charger
Audio Video Cable
USB Cable
Strap
Body cap
Eyepiece Cap
Rubber Eyecup