Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-59.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 561719)
One lucky b*m from bangy just picked up a Sigma 10-20mm Wide Angle lens for his canon.

Hmm, how much do these wide angle lens cost?

21k . Hang on till he writes his experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 561719)
One lucky b*m from bangy just picked up a Sigma 10-20mm Wide Angle lens for his canon.

One needs a lot of skill to compose with near fisheye or ultra-wide lenses. I have burnt my hands with a fish-eye before, very difficult to compose with that one.

Yes, but consider the multiplication factor for a non full-frame CCD and that fish eye may not be so fishy anymore.

Actually a Canon 10-22mm is a good deal. Its a wide angle(not a fisheye) and costs around 400$ in the US.
I was thinking of getting it... But I guess some other time.
I don't want to build up a lens collection which makes it difficult for me to jump ship.

as per news paper reports to day GOI has removed the 10% import duty on digital cameras and LCD monitors. so it was expected that the rates will go down. samsung already announced that it will pass on the benefit to consumers

I was going through Sams Europe thread where he has posted some awesome pictures. The camera hes used is a Nikon D40 DSLR. I loved the results. I would like to know about this camera and what it should cost as well as if there is any other camera (mostly sony) which would be as cost efficient as the nikon (i dont know what the price is but Sam says its VFM) Please advice as am sub zero in this field. Would appreciate any feedback.

Gogi, you could look at the FujiFilm S9600
FUJIFILM Global | FinePix S9600

The only drawback I have noticed is that it takes a tad bit to autofocus, but otherwise its a fantastic cam. I bought the S9500 a little more than a year back for about Rs. 23000.

Gogi bhai, this camera is much larger in size to your current P&S, do you really want a bigger camera to lug around? Personally, on holiday I prefer a smaller camera which one can carry in their pocket & not to have to lug around.

If you're ok with that, then by all means go for it. But also compare similar offerings from Canon, Olympus etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 561176)
This is a site dedicated to 4/3 equipment, not sure whether you have seen this. wrotniak.net: The Olympus E-System

Yes, i'm a frequent visitor there.
Four Thirds is also an often visited site.

-- Torqy

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkg (Post 562493)
as per news paper reports to day GOI has removed the 10% import duty on digital cameras and LCD monitors. so it was expected that the rates will go down. samsung already announced that it will pass on the benefit to consumers

This is great news. I am planning to buy a Samsung 40" LCD in the near future:Cheering:

@V-16, ND40 along with kit lens of 18mm-55mm will cost you about 35K

Actually, if you don't mind buying grey, the D40 with the standrad pack sells for around Rs.22K.

Now with the recent tax drop, lets see how much the official price is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 562592)
Actually, if you don't mind buying grey, the D40 with the standrad pack sells for around Rs.22K.

Now with the recent tax drop, lets see how much the official price is.

wow, I didnt know that. Thats an awfully reasonable price. Any idea where it is available at that price? Also what is the grey price for D40x?

Here ya go: Sifymall - Rs.21,499!!

JJ Mehta also sells it, but for a bit more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar (Post 561659)
S3 IS is for 21k with 4 GB memory Card
Do you have any idea about the price of the sam ein grey market .

I got mine from US with 2gb sandisk extreme II SD card, 8 nos 2600 mAh rechargable batteries + fast charger for around 15k's 3 months back.

In delhi the cam is available in grey market b/w 12-13k's, add 2-3 k's more for SD card, rechargable batteries and charger.

Do invest in a high speed SD card if you plan to shoot in burst mode and shoot video's.