Team-BHP - The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/31260-digital-camera-thread-questions-discussions-etc-7.html)

Nikon FE2 black body with Nikon MD-12 motor drive and Nikon SB-16B flash. Vivitar Series 1 28-90/f.2.8, Nikkor 70-300.

Nikon Coolpix 4500 (4 megapixel)

Nokia 3230 (1.3 megapixel)

Sony Cybershot DSC-H1, 5.1MP, 12x optical, 12x digital smart zoom.

Body:
Canon Rebel T2

Lenses:
Canon 75-300 mm.
Canon 28-90 mm.

Bags:
Camera and small lens: Lowepro
Big Lens: Tamrac

Tripod:
Velbon cx 440.

* Sony DSC-P100 5MP Digital
* Canon EOS 300 body with Canon 28-200mm lens
* Sony video camera 16mm film (seldom used these days after I got a 1G memory stick for the digicam - it is far too convenient to use as compared to lugging the video camera around)..

Another thing I found is - if you try capturing the 16mm video camera's output on PC via a TV Tuner card, there is a reasonably high loss in video quality. So, have been preserving all my original tapes..

And no camera is good unless handled with a good tripod.. so, got myself a couple - 60" and 48"..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgc_cool
And no camera is good unless handled with a good tripod.. so, got myself a couple - 60" and 48"..

Agree with you on having a good tripod and employ it as much as possible..

Didn't get that "couple - 60" and 48"..". Interested to know.

Pentax MX
Pentax MZ3
Pentax 50/1.5 MF lens
Pentax 50/1.7 AF lens
That's the Pentax Family.....

Nikon F80
Nikon F3
Nikkor 24/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 35/2 AFD
Nikkor 50/1.8 MF
Nikkor 180/2.8 AF EDIF
Nikkor 200/4 MF
Nikkor 300/4 AFD
Tamron 90/2.8 AF Macro (Nikon mount)
Extension tube - PN-11
Flash - SB-800

That's the Nikon Family...

Also qwned the following in the past...
Nikkor 20/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 28/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 20-35/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 105/2.8 AF Micro

Misc....
n number of filters (polarizers, grad filters, UV, warming, etc.)
Velbon macro slider
Kodak Carousel projector
Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 legset with 3030 pan-tilt head, Proball 308RC, 488 RCO ballhead
Scanner - KM Scandual III
Kenko 300Pro 1.4x TC
Bags - multiple shapes and sizes
Multiple standard cable releases

Phew, that hopefully completes the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Hey guys, sorry for the OT. After some discussions with Rudra recently, I have decided to sell my camera and upgrade to a DigiSLR, now that they are affordable. I am referring to the first 3 items in my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=44

Since the forum market section is for auto parts only, where can I post the sale details?

try JJmetha.com.

The Sony 717 is a perfectly good digicam if oen can correct the reds in photoshop.

BTW digicam have horrible resale value. I find that they can be better used if left at a relative's place or let your kids use them.

I have a N80, 28-105, 70-300ED, 50/1.8, SB50Dx, 62mm filters and polarisers, etc.. but only was quoted 20,000 for them. I decided to keep the camera and lenses. My Canon G2 with 420EX would fetch half that. Both systems cost the same at time of purchase. The Canon was bought 6 months later.

One day I will get a reall good Nikon digicam (like the D200) and 2 f/2.8 zoom lenses (like the 17-55 and 70-200 or 80-200). I will then use my old lenses as a travel kit.

Right now digicam's still leave a bit to be desired.

a) I am not adept at photoshop and reall wish digicams would allow you to set the print size (say 4x6, 5x7, 6x8, 8x10).

b) dust on the CCD still bothers me. I tend to take most of my shots outdoors and in dusty or sometimes wet conditions

c) a good cheap APS wide prime (like the 35/2) is still not available. the nearest 20/2.8 is expensive and not fast enough for night safaris. I dont think Nikon will use CCDs bigger than APS for a while.

d) Canon users have it a bit easier. I am still so stuck on Nikon's ease of use that I cant get my hands around a Canon. I used the D20 with a 17-85 but found it uncomfortable. BTW most Indian magazines like India Today use Canon digSLRs almost exclusively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
try JJmetha.com.

d) Canon users have it a bit easier. I am still so stuck on Nikon's ease of use that I cant get my hands around a Canon. I used the D20 with a 17-85 but found it uncomfortable. BTW most Indian magazines like India Today use Canon digSLRs almost exclusively.

in chennai, nikon rules the roost, publishing house like hindu and other major tamil dailes use nikon gear.

ok so I should look in chennai for used nikon gear. thanks.

Pentax K1000 Manual SLR, bought in 1995
Nikon 8700 Digital, bought in 2004

Panasonic Camcorder, i forgot its model, coz i havent used it for last 2 yrs.

But now i dont use the Pentax anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritik123
Lenses:
Canon 75-300 mm.
Canon 28-90 mm.

Isn't this info incomplete without F-stop data?

Pathak, it looks like you practically own the entire Nikon family...clap:

Quote:

The Sony 717 is a perfectly good digicam if oen can correct the reds in photoshop.

Oh, it is a great camera even without photoshop treatment. It has manual controls that can put Entry level dSLRs (350D/D70s) to shame. Only problem is I can't switch to better lenses.

Quote:

BTW digicam have horrible resale value. I find that they can be better used if left at a relative's place or let your kids use them.

True, that's why I have decided to keep it until it keeps working.

Quote:

b) dust on the CCD still bothers me. I tend to take most of my shots outdoors and in dusty or sometimes wet conditions

This bothers me too, therefore I have taken the less trodden path and joined the Olympus family. Olympus DSLRs come with anti-dust technology. I ordered the Olympus E500 this weekend on Amazon.com. My boss will be getting it from US in couple of weeks.

Dust is what scares me from the 350D. So I was thinking of R1. But you never know, I may go for the rebel and a nylon makup brush :D

Quote:

tld lenses as a travel kit.

i dont think it should be a spot of bother unless you change lenses often in those dusty conditions. infact i havent come across this problem in the last two and half years with my digital rebel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S Pathak
Pentax MX
Pentax MZ3
Pentax 50/1.5 MF lens
Pentax 50/1.7 AF lens
That's the Pentax Family.....

Nikon F80
Nikon F3
Nikkor 24/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 35/2 AFD
Nikkor 50/1.8 MF
Nikkor 180/2.8 AF EDIF
Nikkor 200/4 MF
Nikkor 300/4 AFD
Tamron 90/2.8 AF Macro (Nikon mount)
Extension tube - PN-11
Flash - SB-800

That's the Nikon Family...

Also qwned the following in the past...
Nikkor 20/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 28/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 20-35/2.8 AFD
Nikkor 105/2.8 AF Micro

Misc....
n number of filters (polarizers, grad filters, UV, warming, etc.)
Velbon macro slider
Kodak Carousel projector
Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 legset with 3030 pan-tilt head, Proball 308RC, 488 RCO ballhead
Scanner - KM Scandual III
Kenko 300Pro 1.4x TC
Bags - multiple shapes and sizes
Multiple standard cable releases

Phew, that hopefully completes the list.

:Shockked:

What a list...!!!!!! Don't think anything else can be added there
Are u into some photography business??? Just curious....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen
:Shockked:

What a list...!!!!!! Don't think anything else can be added there
Are u into some photography business??? Just curious....

Trust me, he isn't. But if landscape photography was a high paying field, he might have switched professions long back.