Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 09:57   #2896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Well, I didn't know that I've come down to this level.
It's all that Tequilla you drink!
Old 11th October 2008, 11:11   #2897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I didn't know that I've come down to this level.
A 1000 sorry for the spelling error ! The word I typed is "GEM" (Diamonds). I have no clue how an extra 'r' came in between . Really appologize for the error. The sporting spirit you have commented is something to be appreciated too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It's all that Tequilla you drink!
That is a revelation !! So Tequilla causes germs ?

Quote:
you can wait for a month or so (you know what happened to Leman brothers
How do you connect Lehman brothers to Nikon ? Could you mail your brother and check what accessories came in that $1250 ? I checked the US Nikon site and it shows $999 for the D90 body only. Thanks.

Last edited by shajufx : 11th October 2008 at 11:20.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:10   #2898
BHPian

[quote=shajufx;
How do you connect Lehman brothers to Nikon ? Could you mail your brother and check what accessories came in that $1250 ? I checked the US Nikon site and it shows $999 for the D90 body only. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

what i was saying was that if you have folks going often to the states then if you can wait a lil, then maybe the price will fall considering what's been going on in the US and (everywhere else) (lehman was just an example for a falling market !)
My bro, told me that he viewed a podcast by Gadget Pron on G4tv.com and made the purchase. i think it was actually $1,300 but he got it for less and it ships with the (a) lens. I'll PM you the details. did you check prices in Singapore/ Malaysia ?

Last edited by johnda : 11th October 2008 at 12:12.
Old 11th October 2008, 12:22   #2899
BHPian

Canon G9 or Panasonic Lumix TZ15

Confused between two models the Canon G9 and Panasonic Lumix TZ15.
Has any of you used these cams.
Cost G9 : 25500 INR (Appx 2000 SAR)
PanaSonic : 18500 INR (Appz 1500 SAR)
Which One to go for, Will buy in Saudi Arabia.
Old 11th October 2008, 15:45   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I'll PM you the details. did you check prices in Singapore/ Malaysia ?
Thanks for the PM details buddy, I cant believe the number of things he got for that price ! In India it would have gone above 1 lak for the stuff he got, as the D90 itself is 85k.

I have no connections in Singapore, so cant rely on the online prices quoted by different sites. There is also a chance of price drop as Canon and Sony have launched similar specifications already. So far I havent checked National Market bangalore, I am sure these guys can bring anything from anywhere for a competitive price !
Old 11th October 2008, 17:29   #2901
BHPian

Camera gurus need to your help please!

I bought a Sony DSC T20 last year from US. Went on holiday this year and the camera fell down about 3-4 times. Now it has this problem that when I switch it on and flip the front cover, it starts vibrating and keeps on vibrating. I cant click any pictures as they all come blurred.

Very rarely the vibration stops after 2-3 minutes but 99% of the times, as soon as I flip the cover it starts vibrating forever. If I shake the camera, there is clicking sound from inside as if something is lose.

Any help will be highly appreciated!!
Old 11th October 2008, 17:55   #2902
Team-BHP Support

A vibrating camera, that's a first for a non-mobile camera. Just take it to the nearest Sony service center, I don't think it can be diagnosed online like this.
Old 11th October 2008, 19:12   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
A vibrating camera, that's a first for a non-mobile camera. Just take it to the nearest Sony service center, I don't think it can be diagnosed online like this.
No no I am not kidding! It keeps on vibrating when I switch it on! Didn't want to take it straight to the SSC as I bought it new from Ebay!
I guess I'll have to take it to a SSC now!!
Old 11th October 2008, 23:47   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
Can anyone tell me why is my canon ixus750 giving certain photograhps a "pox"
Attachment 57998

The external lense cannot be the reason as it was all clear n cleaned up as this photo shows
Attachment 57999

Cheers!
M2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
This is a common phenomenon with any digital camera. Dont worry about this.
Quote:
Thanks. So are you saying that all your photographs have spots. The red outline is an indication to the problem.

Anyone else having similar photographs?
Hi again guys
Any more information I can seek on the problem, especially from the photography guru's, Sir Rudra . Of course, I will be taking this to the canon service center as well, but just wanted to get a heads-up on this if it's a dirty shutter or moisture or something serious

Cheers!
M2S
Old 11th October 2008, 23:53   #2905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why is my canon ixus750 giving certain photograhps a "pox"
No, this is not normal. None of my cameras (I have 4) have this problem. Either water or some dust has seeped into your camera.
Old 12th October 2008, 00:00   #2906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No, this is not normal. None of my cameras (I have 4) have this problem. Either water or some dust has seeped into your camera.
This will happen if you shoot in foggy/rainy weather and especially in low light. Assuming lens is fogged or coated with fine water droplets. Happens when camera is pulled out from it's case and used immediately.
Old 12th October 2008, 00:04   #2907
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This will happen if you shoot in foggy/rainy weather and especially in low light. Assuming lens is fogged or coated with fine water droplets. Happens when camera is pulled out from it's case and used immediately.
That's true, that happened to me with the fisheye lens at Dzongri. But he does confirm that the lens was clear.

Quote:
The external lense cannot be the reason as it was all clear n cleaned up as this photo shows.
Old 12th October 2008, 00:13   #2908
Team-BHP Support

It's a momentary phenomenon Samurai. Like when you come out wearing glasses from an AC car outside deep humid hot weather.
Old 12th October 2008, 13:13   #2909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
it starts vibrating and keeps on vibrating. I cant click any pictures as they all come blurred.
Looks like the mobile vibrator got placed in the camera by mistake ! Some technical experts might be able to tell which part of a camera can vibrate in extreme cases.

Quote:
Like when you come out wearing glasses from an AC car outside deep humid hot weather.
Its a daily situation in the middle east. You cant move a step ahead until you remove your spects and wipe them clean or it disappears by itself in 10 to 15 seconds.
Old 12th October 2008, 13:23   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Steeroid, your problem is wrong technique.
VR should be switched off on a tripod. And the Normal mode is used for panning (off tripod) not Active:
Nikon 18-200mm
Got rid of the 18-200 anyway - got a good exchange with a 70-300 VR which should help with situations where I need the zoom, will use the 10-20 Sigma and the 50mm Nikkor for other purposes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks