Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 11:53   #3166
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys need an advice, i'm looking Canon 590IS as a gift for a friend. The MRP at the malls here in noida is around 9-10K But on ebay and other sites it goes down till around 7K! Can anyone tell me the grey market price for this model? And any suggestions in anything similar in price and features ? manual options is a must
Old 9th February 2009, 23:02   #3167
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Any recomendation for a camera repair guy in Bangalore? I got a Powershot A530 from the US for my mom about 3 years ago. The motorised lens cover gets jammed and doesnt open all the way. Happened after sand and dust got into it during an outdoor shoot. Needs to be taken out and cleaned up.
Old 10th February 2009, 07:02   #3168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Any recomendation for a camera repair guy in Bangalore? I got a Powershot A530 from the US for my mom about 3 years ago.
Canon service center are now in bangalore. There is one in the brigade towers...
Old 16th February 2009, 16:12   #3169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Guys need an advice, i'm looking Canon 590IS as a gift for a friend. The MRP at the malls here in noida is around 9-10K But on ebay and other sites it goes down till around 7K! Can anyone tell me the grey market price for this model? And any suggestions in anything similar in price and features ? manual options is a must
To be honest you are better off with a Panasonic LZ8. Its a far better and cheaper camera. You can get it from ebay with coupons for ~5000 rupees and that includes a 3 year warranty.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:33   #3170
BHPian

The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ4 which I found in India is released as Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ11.

The black color is priced at 15000Rs/- at Sumaria, Mumbai where as the silver at 9000Rs.

Why there is such a hugh difference? Any disadvantage of the silver model?

Is it worth today to go for this cam?

Canon 110S fairs ok compared to this Pana model on paper..not sure how practicaly!

Any idea guyz?
Old 17th February 2009, 16:59   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
The MRP at the malls here in noida is around 9-10K But on ebay and other sites it goes down till around 7K! And any suggestions in anything similar in price and features ? manual options is a must
If you dont mind getting it off the grey market, try Pallika Bazar.
Old 18th February 2009, 06:45   #3172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had somebody coming back from the US around Christmas time and got this camera for $105 or $110.
So if you have time then try this channel otherwise I think 7K is the best deal.
As last year when I was shopping around for my Canon S5 IS, the difference between the with bill and without bill wasnt more than a couple of thousands.
Now i am not sure, I opted for the bill as it gave me more satisfaction.

Later this year I will be upgrading to either a 450D or a 50D and will buy either from grey market like chandni chowk or order it online(amazon or ebay.com) as the difference is huge.

p.s. I know both the 450D and 50D are not comparable but I am still reading about both and will make my choice by the end of this year
Old 18th February 2009, 15:47   #3173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you could up your budget consider the Panny LX3. Outside of that I dont know of a camera under 200 pounds that offers you even apature and shutter control leave alone full manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
Panasonic LX3..if you can up the budget
Canon SX110 IS.. if you don't intend to
Canon A590 IS.. if you wish to save a tad more!

I did read about the LX3 but it's a little out of my budget. I ALWAYS use my SLR when I am doing serious photography. I am looking for something when out partying with friends or for unplanned and instantaneous shots!

The SX110IS or A590IS is more like it. I came across this CHDK firmware. It looks really interesting - taking care of all my manual requirements. Has anyone used it here? Would like to get some feedback.

Here's the linky:
CHDK - CHDK Wiki
Old 18th February 2009, 15:54   #3174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
I did read about the LX3 but it's a little out of my budget. I ALWAYS use my SLR when I am doing serious photography. I am looking for something when out partying with friends or for unplanned and instantaneous shots!

The SX110IS or A590IS is more like it. I came across this CHDK firmware. It looks really interesting - taking care of all my manual requirements. Has anyone used it here? Would like to get some feedback.

Here's the linky:
CHDK - CHDK Wiki
I don't know much about cameras but even I am looking for a basic camera for £100..I came across the Samsung L210. Can I request the camera experts for any suggestions on how good this is?
Samsung L210 Review | Samsung Digital Camera | Digital Camera Comparison |
Old 18th February 2009, 16:30   #3175
Senior - BHPian

Avoid Samsung cameras, go for proven brands like Canon / Nikon / Panasonic.
Old 18th February 2009, 17:07   #3176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Avoid Samsung cameras, go for proven brands like Canon / Nikon / Panasonic.
Reason I was thinking of Samsung was because I bought a Sony DSC T20 in Aug 07, it worked fine for 1 year and then developed a problem where it kept on vibrating. When I looked at the Sony website it said they have the same prob with the T20 but only a few affected serial numbers and were offering free out of warranty repairs. When I reported this to Sony (Exactly the same problem but mine's not in the affected serial no. list) they flatly refused to do anything. So I am well and trully chuffed with Sony. I have now written to them by post and waiting for a reply.

So that's the reason I am planning to buy a basic camera for holidays and other random stuff. So if I take Samsung off the list, any other recommendations on a £100 camera?
That A590IS is a bit big in size..
Old 18th February 2009, 19:15   #3177
BANNED

If you can slightly push your budget, I'd say Canon SX 110 IS. Good features for the price. I have personally used this cam. Though am not very good at photography, I found the pics quality form this cam good.

Last edited by zerocritical : 18th February 2009 at 19:17.
Old 18th February 2009, 19:24   #3178
BHPian

Either the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS or Nikon S52 should be decent for that price.
Had indicated so in the previous page. Nice size and price.
Old 19th February 2009, 01:22   #3179
BHPian

Thanks for the advice finneyp, zerocritical & MindSpeeDs..will stick to a Nikon.
Old 21st February 2009, 00:40   #3180
BHPian

price of canon 10-22 mm

hi
i am planning a trek to gangotri and gaumukh in may end and early june . i was wanting to buy a wide angle lens for my 400d. i wanted to know how good is 10-22 mm canon . what is its price cos i was checking out jjmehta and couldnt find the price of this. i also wanted to know if there are any cheaper alternatives by sigma or tamron .btw the canon site doesnt show a 10-22 mm lens so it means that it is not officially available through canon.
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks