Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 14:05   #3826
BHPian

Yes I shoot only in manual mode.

I too wanted to use it for a year or so more and then pop it off.

Reason for purchasing a DSLR - ( from what I have read on the net )

1) Better image sensor, what translates to better image quality.

2) Better indoor ( low light ) image quality.

How much is the difference in image quality.Is it significantly different ?
Old 18th March 2010, 14:09   #3827
Senior - BHPian

Fujifilm FinePix HS10 - Info

Friends,

I'm someone considering purchasing a new digital camera and zeroed down to buying either the Canon EOS 500D or the Fujifilm FinePix HS10. Recently, Canon EOS 550D was announced and it's even available for purchase now at Rs.52K.

I wrote to FujiFilm India about details on the HS10 and I've gotten a mail back form them that states the FinePix HS10 will be available for retail sales in India from mid of April 2010 and the TENTATIVE MRP will be about Rs. 32.9K. The mail I received clearly states the price is not finalised by their management yet.

This is all the info I have and no more. Considering the same is available from April in US for $499, I think it will be cheaper to source from there. I think I just may swing the EOS 550D way before this launches but I cannot decide yet...
Old 20th March 2010, 15:57   #3828
BHPian

how are the canon sx210 is, nikon p100 and sony hx1. which one to be picked?
Old 21st March 2010, 17:42   #3829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
how are the canon sx210 is, nikon p100 and sony hx1. which one to be picked?
I'd pick the P100. It's a great camera with high zoom capabilities. And there are lots of features to play with.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:54   #3830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I'd pick the P100. It's a great camera with high zoom capabilities. And there are lots of features to play with.
The P100 is a good camera. The Sony HX1 is even better.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:50   #3831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
The P100 is a good camera. The Sony HX1 is even better.
Read in various reviews that the HX1 suffers from noise even at lower ISO settings. Hence not so good
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:38   #3832
Senior - BHPian

from what I have heard is it's a much better response at a higher ISO by sarificing performance a lower ISO, and many people like it that way.

And it's applicable to all back side illuminated/EXMOR CMOS sensors.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:34   #3833
Senior - BHPian

oops i just bumped into this thread today , should have checked it out earlier.

Bought a nikon coolpix L22 yesterday. Here are the specs

12 mp
3.6X zoom
4 GB card - free
rechargeable batteries
Camera pouch
Price - Paid Rs 7k against the MRP of Rs 7450

I was using a Olympus which fell and broke ( the screen had a crack ). The dealer was quoting a repair cost of Rs 2500-3000 with 6 months guarantee which was not making too much sense to me so i decided to go for the coolpix.

Clicked few pictures yesterday at a birthday party and am quite happy with it so far. Is there anyone who is using this same cam or has any feedback for the same?
Old 31st March 2010, 10:51   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
oops i just bumped into this thread today , should have checked it out earlier.

Bought a nikon coolpix L22 yesterday. Here are the specs

12 mp
3.6X zoom
4 GB card - free
rechargeable batteries
Camera pouch
Price - Paid Rs 7k against the MRP of Rs 7450

I was using a Olympus which fell and broke ( the screen had a crack ). The dealer was quoting a repair cost of Rs 2500-3000 with 6 months guarantee which was not making too much sense to me so i decided to go for the coolpix.

Clicked few pictures yesterday at a birthday party and am quite happy with it so far. Is there anyone who is using this same cam or has any feedback for the same?
Congrats! I had used L18 which was 8MP and based on a similar platform. For a casual shooter and when there is enough light, it takes some good photos.

If you're looking for some creativity, you'll be disappointed as the camera does not allow you to adjust anything.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:10   #3835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! I had used L18 which was 8MP and based on a similar platform. For a casual shooter and when there is enough light, it takes some good photos.

If you're looking for some creativity, you'll be disappointed as the camera does not allow you to adjust anything.
Thanks for the feedback. Since i'm very bad with handling cams ( i've already damaged a olympus digi and sony handy cam ) i decided to go for this as it was pocket friendly and user friendly too.

The model number for the 8mp ( when i was hunting ) was L21 , maybe they used to call it L18 earlier. Now the "For a casual shooter and when there is enough light, it takes some good photos" is a shocker for me as i really want some good pics in the night too ( in parties , long drives etc ) . I'm yet to take a pic in the night , i'll let you know the feedback once i do it.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:56   #3836
Senior - BHPian

does anybody know how to set the camera focus just before the exposure? meaning it should focus after I have entered the frame after triggering the timer for say 10 seconds.

camera in question: Canon S2IS for now.
Old 31st March 2010, 22:22   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Since i'm very bad with handling cams ( i've already damaged a olympus digi and sony handy cam ) i decided to go for this as it was pocket friendly and user friendly too.

The model number for the 8mp ( when i was hunting ) was L21 , maybe they used to call it L18 earlier. Now the "For a casual shooter and when there is enough light, it takes some good photos" is a shocker for me as i really want some good pics in the night too ( in parties , long drives etc ) . I'm yet to take a pic in the night , i'll let you know the feedback once i do it.
Sure. The L18 and one of my friends' L20 did not perform well in low light without flash. I'm talking relative here. By low performance, means in comparison to some other cameras like Sony DSC H20, Fuji EXRs etc.,

I will wait for your photos.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:57   #3838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure. The L18 and one of my friends' L20 did not perform well in low light without flash. I'm talking relative here. By low performance, means in comparison to some other cameras like Sony DSC H20, Fuji EXRs etc.,

I will wait for your photos.
You said w/o flash , so with flash it would work fine right? In fact it sounds funny , i can take few pics and check for myself . I will take few pics tonight and also lots of them over the weekend as i'm driving out of town for the long weekend.
Old 1st April 2010, 18:34   #3839
Senior - BHPian

after almost 2 months of wait, amazon changed the status to "being prepared for shipment" for my Fuji HS10.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:00   #3840
BHPian

Fujifilm A170.
Hi anyone has used this model? itz a 10 MP with 3x zoom and going very cheap at 4400 Rupees (fresh). Anyone here brought this? I own a Canon so am pretty sceptic about changing my loyalty. Thanks in advancee

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks