Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:07   #4321
Senior - BHPian

If anyone is interested in Canon PowerShot S90, it is available at what I believe is a very good price at www.futurebazaar.com. The offer is there for the next 3 days.
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:10   #4322
BHPian

Now that I have a Canon Sx 210 & Panny TZ 10 and have used Nikon in the past, the Panny wins hands down.

It is just like a Japanese car Vs a TATA. (no offends to owners)
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:24   #4323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Now that I have a Canon Sx 210 & Panny TZ 10 and have used Nikon in the past, the Panny wins hands down.

It is just like a Japanese car Vs a TATA. (no offends to owners)
it's like telling somebody he is stupid and then saying "no offense meant".

(no offense meant)

why do we have to add this tag to our posts. If you are afraid you are offending somebody, either apologize in advance or at least mention "at the risk of offending".

in this case I am not sure who you are offending more. Canon owners or tata owners
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:09   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
guys, any idea where i can get a Panny FZ100 in Bangalore? Apparently, none of the Panasonic Brand shops have it yet (they claim it starts retailing only in the 1st week of Dec), Jayesh Mehta of Foto Circle doesn't have it right now either :(

Only place it's available right now is on Ebay but am not very comfortable picking it up online, suggestions or places to try?
I'd suggest a Fujifilm HS10 (DIMA & TIPA Superzoom Camera of the year 2010). It has a BSI CMOS Sensor, DSLR Style Zoom barrel, Manual focus Ring (Rear end like 18-105 VR Lens Nikkor), 6400 ISO, 10 FPS (7 Images), 58 mm Filter thread (possibility of attaching filters, wide & tele converters), Full HD Video. I have checked the quality myself and found the detail levels pretty high. I suggest you check it first hand.
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:17   #4325
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, I quite agree. I hate your car (no offence meant) --- so fine, we have a right to hate each other's cars, cameras, etc.

But breezydrive, seriosly... the difference in build quality between the Panasonic I just bought and the Canon I have had for a while is just what you say, and more recent Canons seem flimsier than mine.

Talking about consumer-level stuff, that is: I'm sure the DSLRs are in a different league.
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:45   #4326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I picked up Panasonic FZ100 in singapore for Sing $ 820/- It came with a 8 GB High Speed card, Carrying case and the usual accessories. I know it is more expensive to buy it in Singapore. But as the wait time to lay your hands on this camera is more in India, I decided to buy anyway there. Worth every cent in my opinion. The HD video is incredible.
I think you paid way too much. I picked up a Panasonic LX5 for Singapore $680 from Singapore last month. And LX5 is priced higher than FZ100. And the prices have reduced a little bit now from what they were during the last month. FZ100 is now available at around US $375 and LX5 at around US $399.

Anyway, I think it is a nice camera. So enjoy taking pictures. I hope this serves as a guide for others wanting to pick these up from Singapore or US.

Last edited by pjbiju : 3rd December 2010 at 21:51.
Old 4th December 2010, 13:47   #4327
Senior - BHPian

Guys can you suggest a Canon compact cam for my sister?. Needs, very compact (sit in purse) and need to shoot HD video. Atleast 8x zoom. Budget Max 24K.

Please help with a suggestion for her. Canon is preferred. How are the IXUS series?

I told her I will give my new SX30IS (Sadly, I need money, already posted in classifieds) , but she wants very compact, chick one.
Old 4th December 2010, 20:55   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys can you suggest a Canon compact cam for my sister?. Needs, very compact (sit in purse) and need to shoot HD video. Atleast 8x zoom. Budget Max 24K.

Please help with a suggestion for her. Canon is preferred. How are the IXUS series?

I told her I will give my new SX30IS (Sadly, I need money, already posted in classifieds) , but she wants very compact, chick one.
Try Canon sx210is, very compact but has a zoom of 14x with 720p HD recording, features of SLR like Aperture, Shutter priorties and manual focus. It is available for $250 in Amazon, try if you can ship from US through friend/relatives.
Old 6th December 2010, 10:19   #4329
BHPian

T-BHPIANS whats ur take on Canon IXUS 1000 HS ? i am planning to buy one in SYDNEY.
Need advice and guidance for the same.

Thanks
MSVG
Old 6th December 2010, 10:51   #4330
BHPian

Recently bought Fuji Finepix HS10.

Almost finallized on 550D.

My requirements were to get RAW format images for better postshoot editing. Then I came across HS10 and found that it is feature rich and economic.
Being a bridge camera, its almost 80% dslr with flexibility of a P&S.

30x Optical, 1000fps recording, DSLR like handling, etc,
FinePix HS10 / HS11 | Fujifilm Global

My deal:

Camera + (4Non-Recharge Battery + sling + 4GB Fast Mem Card) 22000
UV Filter + (4 Eneloop battery/fast charger) 800
Scratch Gaurd 200

Simpex 333 Full Length Tripod free of cost
Fuji Camera bag free of cost

Total 23000

(4 Eneloop battery/fast charger) where in exchagne of the (basic rechargeable battery and charger that came in with camera)

And here is one of the out comes of the deal:

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dscf0905.jpg
Old 6th December 2010, 11:06   #4331
BHPian

@ pjbiju
Quote:
I think you paid way too much. I picked up a Panasonic LX5 for Singapore $680 from Singapore last month. And LX5 is priced higher than FZ100. And the prices have reduced a little bit now from what they were during the last month. FZ100 is now available at around US $375 and LX5 at around US $399.
I checked the price in Mustafa and they quoted 890 $ with no additional card. I hunted up many other shops and finally bought this from Funan IT mall. Buying in US is a lot cheaper than anywhere else - if you ask me.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:22   #4332
Distinguished - BHPian

nomadabhi, congratulations on your new camera. That is the one that has been catching my eye too. That is a wonderful moon picture: I guess you used your new tripod for this?
Old 6th December 2010, 11:45   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
@ pjbiju

I checked the price in Mustafa and they quoted 890 $ with no additional card. I hunted up many other shops and finally bought this from Funan IT mall. Buying in US is a lot cheaper than anywhere else - if you ask me.
In Singapore I believe Sim Lim Square is the best place for electronics. Lot of models and can bargain for discounts. Don't buy in ground and first floor, they will increase the price and then reduce it.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:32   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
nomadabhi, congratulations on your new camera. That is the one that has been catching my eye too. That is a wonderful moon picture: I guess you used your new tripod for this?
Actually that one is without tripod, but I did took help resting my cam and hands on the window grill.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:12   #4335
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have decided to go for Panasonic FX68(with Leica Lens). I am getting it at a discounted price of Rs.11,000 with warranty. Any opinions on the camera?
LUMIX DMC-FX68 | Advanced Stylish | Digital Still Camera | Digital AV | Products | Panasonic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks