Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 12:38   #4441
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

My Panasonic DMC FZ8 P&S had the feature of trying to autofocus on the subject without clicking the picture if the shutter was pressed halfway. Strangely, since a few weeks back, that feature is gone and even a light touch of the shutter button gets the picture clicked. I tried my utmost to get the feature back fiddling with the menu but failed miserably. Please help guys .

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 26th January 2011 at 12:39.
Old 26th January 2011, 13:01   #4442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
My Panasonic DMC FZ8 P&S had the feature of trying to autofocus on the subject without clicking the picture if the shutter was pressed halfway. Strangely, since a few weeks back, that feature is gone and even a light touch of the shutter button gets the picture clicked. I tried my utmost to get the feature back fiddling with the menu but failed miserably. Please help guys .

Something wrong with the shutter button I think. Most probably some carbon etc....you should try getting the button cleaned inside from a panasonic service centre....

There is no setting that can be changed for half shutter focus etc hence the only culprit here seems to be that button...
Old 26th January 2011, 18:09   #4443
Distinguished - BHPian

push-half-way-to-focus is common to many, if not most digital cameras. Even my phone does this.

Sounds like a service visit is needed.
Old 26th January 2011, 19:25   #4444
BHPian

Guys,

I'm planning to buy a P&S camera for my wife. Please suggest me a good camera in the range of $200 - $250 maximum with good picture quality and Video option as well...

sadiq.
Old 26th January 2011, 22:19   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Guys,

I'm planning to buy a P&S camera for my wife. Please suggest me a good camera in the range of $200 - $250 maximum with good picture quality and Video option as well...

sadiq.
Canon Powershot SX130 IS
Old 27th January 2011, 09:31   #4446
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine and a fellow bhpian picked it up for 19K and he is loving it!!! The cameras he owned previous had a serious draw back in the wide side of the focal length, now with this one, at 24mm, he cant ask for anything more from a P&S camera. And it comes with a provision of external flash!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The iconic Panasonic LX3 is now on sale for as low as 19K (Linky). Guys, I got mine for about 28K a year back .....
if you're looking for a camera in the budget, shut your eyes and pick one up.

Obviously a clearance sale of old stock since its successor - the LX5 - has already hit the market.
Absolutely must have pocket sized camera!!! But I am happy with my Pentax S50 for now!!

EDIT: Though this should be in EVIL cameras, as the offer from jjmehta is mentioned, here is another offer from jjmehtha:
Panasonic Lumix G1 with 14-42 kit lens for 21,999/- (I think its price similarly in USA too!!):
http://www.jjmehta.com/webshop/index...tml&lang=en-us

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 27th January 2011 at 09:42.
Old 27th January 2011, 09:32   #4447
BHPian

Probably one of the top point and shoots till date the Olympus XZ-1 has been reviewed. take a look on dpreview.com
Old 28th January 2011, 19:31   #4448
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking for a decent P&S with mega zoom .

I have checked out Vijay sales who are offering me Sony H55 Digital Camera for Rs 14,000 and Canon SX130IS for Rs 13,500 ( these are in exchange for my Olympus 4 MP Camera )

Please suggest.
Old 28th January 2011, 23:21   #4449
BHPian

Do seriously look at Panasonic TZ-8/TZ-10 and canon SX-210IS also. I am awaiting further decrease in TZ-8 price. Already own FZ-35 want one for Dad. Do take a look at offerings at jjmehta.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All,

I am looking for a decent P&S with mega zoom .

I have checked out Vijay sales who are offering me Sony H55 Digital Camera for Rs 14,000 and Canon SX130IS for Rs 13,500 ( these are in exchange for my Olympus 4 MP Camera )

Please suggest.
Old 6th February 2011, 20:50   #4450
BHPian

Guys,

Please suggest me which one is the best among the below Canon models:

SX210 IS
SX130 IS
SD1300 IS
SD4000 IS

I'm looking for a good P&S camera with Video option and shortlisted the above. Appreciate the feedback from those who has already used the above models...

Sadiq.
Old 6th February 2011, 21:00   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Dunno about the others, but SX210IS is a real good one, both for still and video. Battery lasts for a looong time. 14x zoom is good if used on a tripod. The interface is a bit kludgy, especially if one wants to use Manual mode, but the good thing is a quick preview of what the shot will look like at the set aperture / shutter setting. Focusing is quick in normal light, but low light conditions cause it to hunt. Overall, a VFM camera at its price point.
Old 7th February 2011, 17:23   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Need a P&S camera with best possible picture quality. Does anybody here own a Canon S 95? I am looking to buy this based on various reviews online. Not very keen on super zoom models which are a bit bulky.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:27   #4453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Need a P&S camera with best possible picture quality. Does anybody here own a Canon S 95? I am looking to buy this based on various reviews online. Not very keen on super zoom models which are a bit bulky.
Try to get the new Olympus XZ1. It probably is the best p&s money can buy at the moment. Has a fast Zuiko lens and is not too bulky.

Last edited by SPARKled : 7th February 2011 at 20:30.
Old 7th February 2011, 22:07   #4454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I have the Panasonic LX5 and am quite happy with the photos. You can check the photos (resized) on my Hampi Travelogue. I find it very good. I have not taken photos at higher ISO numbers. I have limited myself to a maximum ISO value of 400. The other options are Canon S95 and Olympus XZ1.

Last edited by pjbiju : 7th February 2011 at 22:08.
Old 7th February 2011, 23:49   #4455
BHPian

FZ100 owners:

Has someone tried to get macros like the following, I am trying but I am not getting upto this detail. The following looks very professional. Please suggest me the settings.

FZ100 Macro II: Panasonic Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks