Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:31   #4516
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Sali - Can you share the price of these models??

Cannot help but ROFLMAO.

On a serious note, prices will fluctuate across sellers. Check up on eBay and subtract about 5-10%. That will be a good start.
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:43   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Cannot help but ROFLMAO.

On a serious note, prices will fluctuate across sellers. Check up on eBay and subtract about 5-10%. That will be a good start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Sali - Can you share the price of these models??
Hi Bala,

Here is the price tag for the 3 models.

Canon SX210 IS Saudi Riyal 1299 (Approx RS 15,500)
Canon SX200 IS Saudi Riyal 1199 (appox Rs 14,500)
Panasanonic TZ7 Saudi Riyal SR 1199 (appox Rs 14,500)

@ typo Any idea or experience with the about these 3 models? I really appreciate any feed back before going with my final decission.

Thanks
Sali

Last edited by Salikt : 2nd March 2011 at 15:47.
Old 2nd March 2011, 16:56   #4518
Senior - BHPian

guys,

I am currently using the HS10 and extremely happy with it. But i now wish to climb up the ladder of photography and want to upgrade my camera. I was toying between Canon 500d & Canon 550d. getting good deals from jjmehta as well as from USA.

The other camera i had in mind was Nikon D90. But my brother just picked up one and no point buying the same one. From jjmehta i am getting 500 d with twin kit lens and for same price i am getting 550d with 18-55mm lens.

please advise. and also how would you experts rate the resale of the HS10? I guess it was purchased in April 2010.

Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2011, 18:51   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
@ typo Any idea or experience with the about these 3 models? I really appreciate any feed back before going with my final decission.
I have experienced the TZ10 and if that is anything to go by, I would recommend the TZ7 over the Canons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
The other camera i had in mind was Nikon D90. But my brother just picked up one and no point buying the same one. From jjmehta i am getting 500 d with twin kit lens and for same price i am getting 550d with 18-55mm lens.
While I do not want to sound partisan here, if your brother has a D90, then you are better off sticking with a Nikon as you would be able to share the lenses. On the other hand, if you want to go the Canon way, then, assuming that video is not too much of a requirement, pick up the 500D as you will get the 18-55mm and the 55-250mm for the same price as the stock 550D with a kit lens.

As for the HS10, do not expect too much. That is why I am keeping mine.
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:31   #4520
BHPian

[quote=typeOnegative;2263806]I have experienced the TZ10 and if that is anything to go by, I would recommend the TZ7 over the Canons.
quote]

Does this TZ10 has got GPS as well? If so, I think the shope guy has shown me that model and it cost around SR18,500. But both TZ7 and TZ10 has got the same 12X zoom.

Sali
Old 2nd March 2011, 21:38   #4521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does this TZ10 has got GPS as well? If so, I think the shope guy has shown me that model and it cost around SR18,500. But both TZ7 and TZ10 has got the same 12X zoom.
I think it has GPS. It also has manual modes.
Old 2nd March 2011, 22:42   #4522
BHPian

D90 or D3100 or Canon???
I'm confused big time. I have been wanting to buy the D90 for a while now and was about to buy when my friend pushed in some of his words thus leaving me perplexed

he says d90 is 3yrs old and makes no sense buying and old model. He suggested to pick D7000, but thats way off budget for me.

I have somehow not liked D3100 for it has no AF motor, but its cheaper and I can invest on some lens.

Never been a fan of Canon, but 60D looks impressive.

Any suggestions welcome
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:02   #4523
Senior - BHPian

@kraft.wagen:
I was in the same boat as you. I was even evaluating Pentax, Sony and Olympus.

Nikon and Canon make sense if you are India where other brands have little support for their DSLRs or are simply not interested. Between the two, there is very little to differentiate frankly as you will get excellent pictures from either. I went for the D90 mainly because I loved its ergonomics. I did not take the D3100 mainly because it does not have the AEB feature and I sometimes do dabble in HDR. Otherwise the D3100 is a solid performer. I did not take the D5000 as it required me to jump too many menus. The D7000 was out of reach anyway. :(

Amongst the Canons, the 550D popped up mainly because it was relatively new and had some radically new technology. The 500D is good too because of the cost factor. Started looking at the 60D but it was over budget and some reviews were saying that the 50D was better made. In the end ergonomics won. And I am very happy with my choice. If it was the 500D I would still have been happy with my choice I think. Do not worry about the age of the camera or how expensive it is. Whether it is Canon or Nikon, what will tie you down are the lenses. The camera body will be with you for three to four years. Maybe five.

P.S. to you and harshal, there is another thread purely for DSLRs.
Old 3rd March 2011, 06:34   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
@kraft.wagen:
I was in the same boat as you. I was even evaluating Pentax, Sony and Olympus.

Nikon and Canon make sense if you are India where other brands have little support for their DSLRs or are simply not interested. Between the two, there is very little to differentiate frankly as you will get excellent pictures from either. I went for the D90 mainly because I loved its ergonomics. I did not take the D3100 mainly because it does not have the AEB feature and I sometimes do dabble in HDR. Otherwise the D3100 is a solid performer. I did not take the D5000 as it required me to jump too many menus. The D7000 was out of reach anyway. :(

Amongst the Canons, the 550D popped up mainly because it was relatively new and had some radically new technology. The 500D is good too because of the cost factor. Started looking at the 60D but it was over budget and some reviews were saying that the 50D was better made. In the end ergonomics won. And I am very happy with my choice. If it was the 500D I would still have been happy with my choice I think. Do not worry about the age of the camera or how expensive it is. Whether it is Canon or Nikon, what will tie you down are the lenses. The camera body will be with you for three to four years. Maybe five.

P.S. to you and harshal, there is another thread purely for DSLRs.
Thanks a lot for those pointers. yes i was skeptical on 3100 for it doesnt have the bracketing.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:56   #4525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Yesterday night I was out to buy a Canon SX210 IS. But the shop guy adivised me that instead of SX210 go for either SX200 IS or Panasonic TZ7! Now I'm getting more confused and back home to do a further study before a final decission

Price wise, SX210 IS has only 1000 rupees extra while the other two has in the same price tag.

Any feed back from your side really appreciated.

Sali
All three are equivalent.

SX200IS has older Digic III technology so 210IS is better is processed JPEG pix out from cameras.

Canons have a the "annoying" pop-up flash which takes the place of you left hand fingers.
But my observation is that the pop-up flash gives you fast option of whether you want to use flash or not for the particular shot.
Compared to finding your way in a meandering menu and switching the flash on or off.

Canon and Panasonic are equal. Quality is equal. Video capabilities are equal.
(Just check for optical zoom during video capture - its there on sx210IS, dunno about others)
Whatever differences are there are minuscule.

Canons are little warmer in their color rendering. Panasonics are little on cooler side.

Take you pick based on ease of availability, price, and serviceability.
Old 4th March 2011, 02:24   #4526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
^^.
You can try JJmehta online. I used to buy most photographic supplies from them and they seem to have good stocks. I think their store is located at Dadar.
Oh, I already did that and scoured most of the photo district in Bombay as well as the Vijay Sales, Kohinoors, Staples and Cromas in and out of the malls before I posted here.

Any leads anyone?
Old 4th March 2011, 13:30   #4527
BHPian

Need a compact Camera for wifey. Controls should be simple and less.

I am in a dilema between Sony DSC H55 and DSC H70.

Can anyone be kind enough to share their inputs on their usage. And costing also.

Appreciate your help
Old 4th March 2011, 13:48   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Oh, I already did that and scoured most of the photo district in Bombay as well as the Vijay Sales, Kohinoors, Staples and Cromas in and out of the malls before I posted here.

Any leads anyone?
@khoj bhaiyya, have you tried Central camera @ Fort. Good one and after going through most of the camera shops including JJM, it still gives you the best deal with low cost and accessories.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:54   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Yesterday night I was out to buy a Canon SX210 IS. But the shop guy adivised me that instead of SX210 go for either SX200 IS or Panasonic TZ7! Now I'm getting more confused and back home to do a further study before a final decission

Sali
last weekend I was out to check the same model i.e. SX210 IS for my friend. It is good and an upgrade to SX210.

If you are still confused go through the unbiased review @ www.steves-digicams.com

He has already finalized on the same and getting from US @ approx 349$
Old 4th March 2011, 17:12   #4530
BHPian

Hi GURUs,

I planning to buy a super zoom camera, I have short listed the followig :

Nikon P500
Nikon P100
Nikon L120

Please advice, also any other alternative around 15-20k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks