Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 13:28   #4576
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Any one around Coimbatore has a XD card which is 1GB or more.

Pal go to savithri photo house, those guys will let you test the card before buying. Thats where i bought my 8GB card for my ZS7. Hope this helps
Old 5th May 2011, 14:30   #4577
Senior - BHPian

Have been debating around buying either Panasonic TZ8 or Fuji F300EXR. Have tested both of them and find the pic quality of Panasonic having slight edge over the Fuji. Fuji scores in display and zoom but not good ergonomic to hold also the flash pops up when switched on. The cost diff is also not much. Any Panasonic or Fuji owners like to comment on which one to buy.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:36   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am looking out for a point & shoot camera with good optical zoom (10X +) , good sensor, wide display 2.5 inches or more , decent resolution 8+ Mega pixels and video capabilites.
My budget is around 10-12k. My old Kodak LS473 is still going strong after 6 yrs its finally time to change.

I have shortlisted the Canon Powershot SX130 IS , any suggestion or user experience on this model. Please suggest which one to go for as I am confused.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:46   #4579
BANNED

Has anybody seem the categories of the SD cards used for storage? Apparently they may range from Cat.1 to Cat.6 with the latter the fastest. Also, wehre do you get the faster cards. I have an 8GB Cat.2 card (SDHC) and find it very slow.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:07   #4580
Senior - BHPian

d2l, sure have removed the 100 from the list, canon sx30 was close but not having raw output is a big disadvantage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Stay away from FZ100. It is coming with a new MOS sensor and people are not happy with the image it is producing. Better stick with FZ40 or FZ45 or whatever latest is there in the lineup.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:15   #4581
BHPian

Guys, got a Fuji Finepix S1800. Its a 12MP, 18X Optical zoom with a 3inch LCD Display. Its a hybrid camera and particularly works in low light. Face detection works great. I am huge fan of the macro mode of this camera. ALmost bought a Nikon L120, but realized it did not have a view finder. So had to settle with this. Costed me 12K, for the camera. Goodies: Pouch, Tripod, rechargeable batteries, battery charger and 4GB memory card
Old 6th May 2011, 10:05   #4582
Senior - BHPian

Guys have shortlisted FZ45, FujiHS20. am not keen on Sx30is as it does not has raw format...

Suggest me which will be the best option here and any other cameras which i can consider?

thanks
L

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Folks am back, few months back i had decided to wait for some more time as i was confused about a slr vs super zoom's, decided on super zoom.

now i have shortlisted few and will be going for one of the below, please suggest me if anything else can be added to the list?

Panasonic FZ40 or 100, Canon SX30is, Fuji HS20, Nikon p500(not very sure about this.)

Look-forward for the suggestions
Old 6th May 2011, 10:20   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Pal go to savithri photo house, those guys will let you test the card before buying. Thats where i bought my 8GB card for my ZS7. Hope this helps
You are absolutely right!! I chanced upon the Savitri Sudios last satuday, asked them whether they have XD cards and let me check before I buy and they said yes. On monday I went there with my camera. Luckily they have 1GB and 2GB cards and luckily the 1GB card was accepted by the camera. What a great relief it was when I saw 533 images can be taken at highest resolution at "fine" quality!!! I think I need to buy one more 1GB card!!
Old 6th May 2011, 10:30   #4584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Has anybody seem the categories of the SD cards used for storage? Apparently they may range from Cat.1 to Cat.6 with the latter the fastest. Also, wehre do you get the faster cards. I have an 8GB Cat.2 card (SDHC) and find it very slow.
I suppose they are differentiated by Class. I have seen SD cards rated upto Class 10 on Amazon but they are obviously quite expensive. If you use an SLR camera and shoot RAW, the Class 10 cards would be the ideal choice. Not very sure if the normal point & shoot cameras can handle a Class 10 card.

An 8GB Class 10 Transcend SD card on ebay is available for INR 1,600 while its around $15 on Amazon.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 6th May 2011 at 10:36.
Old 6th May 2011, 13:11   #4585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Guys I am looking out for a point & shoot camera with good optical zoom (10X +) , good sensor, wide display 2.5 inches or more , decent resolution 8+ Mega pixels and video capabilites.
My budget is around 10-12k. My old Kodak LS473 is still going strong after 6 yrs its finally time to change.

I have shortlisted the Canon Powershot SX130 IS , any suggestion or user experience on this model. Please suggest which one to go for as I am confused.
I have the SX130, photo quality is just great, both in good n poor light conditions. However, its more than a point n shoot, with manual controls as well - for a beginner this shud be the best camera to buy. However, it doesnt have a proper grip like the ones on the Fuji S1800 or Nikon L100 ( i just dropped mine recently, and sand entered the lens - repairing it is expensive). But the Fuji and the Nikon dont have great photo quality. So take your pic.

Its also bulkier than the slim point n shoots - wont fit into a packet. Stick with Canon at this price range, even if you buy a simple point n shoot, as they pack the best sensor quality.
Cayman360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 14:30   #4586
Senior - BHPian

thanks Cayman what was the price you bought it for, one more query is buying online like Flipkart is a good options ?
Old 6th May 2011, 14:40   #4587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
thanks Cayman what was the price you bought it for, one more query is buying online like Flipkart is a good options ?
I bought it from the US from Amazon(colleague delivered it here), and it cost me 8500 bucks.

Flipcart is darn good, atleast with books, as I use it frequently, and should be more reliable than ebay.in. Showroom price seems to be 12500 or so, and flipcart last I saw was 1k cheaper.

I must add that the SX130 doesnt have the slots to add a neck-strap, which makes it dangerous to use outdoors, all it has is a hand-strap.
Old 6th May 2011, 18:04   #4588
BHPian

hey guys , i'm thinking of buying a new camera. my only query is that are there any affordable ones i.e around 10-15 k which have full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) video recording keeping aside the dslr's which don't fit in the budget.
please recommend brands and if known their prices, would help.
thank you.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:04   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Very generic question:

Which is a good P&S to buy under 10K?
Sony? Canon? Nikon? Panasonic? etc?

I was more inclined to Canon/Nikon.

Any suggestions?
Even I am looking for a simple P&S around 8K. Its for my parents, so looking at good AI and simple controls. Around 5X Optical Zoom and 10-12MP. Any suggestions from you guys? I guess Sony or Cannon should be a good bet. Suggestions please
Old 9th May 2011, 12:42   #4590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Even I am looking for a simple P&S around 8K. Its for my parents, so looking at good AI and simple controls. Around 5X Optical Zoom and 10-12MP. Any suggestions from you guys? I guess Sony or Cannon should be a good bet. Suggestions please
I think Panasonic Cameras are the best and are comparable to Canon and Nikon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks