Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 12:54   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I am looking at the EPM1 body, that is also around 20k now. The Oly 17mm is around 18k, I am waiting on the panasonic price and availability.

In the meantime, I am being sorely tempted by the Fuji x100...Classic rangefinder with full size sensor, 35mm f2.0 fixed lens...
I will say go for it. Nothing comes close to the picture quality of it.
The sensor is perfectly mated to the lens. And the fill in flash is just right to bring out wonderful skin tones.

Only fly in the ointment is slow autofocus in dim light. Though firmwares have improved the situation.
Old 18th October 2012, 13:23   #5042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I will say go for it. Nothing comes close to the picture quality of it.
The sensor is perfectly mated to the lens. And the fill in flash is just right to bring out wonderful skin tones.

Only fly in the ointment is slow autofocus in dim light. Though firmwares have improved the situation.
Firmware updates are available from Fuji off the net?
Old 18th October 2012, 14:23   #5043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firmware updates are available from Fuji off the net?
Yup.
http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digi.../finepix_x100/
Old 18th October 2012, 15:13   #5044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Thanks, that settles it. Finalising the buy for Rs 70k, including a Hoya UV filter for lens protection. I am looking forward to natural light indoor pictures at ISO settings of 800/1600, which I believe are as noise free as ISO 100/200 on most compact cameras. With a f2.0 lens, that should be enough for flash less indoor work.
Old 18th October 2012, 15:24   #5045
Senior - BHPian

Guys, into market for budget digital camera, 5 to 6 K max, which one shall i look out for,needs are simple day to day routine use for wifey for her routine pictures of kids,functions and easy to carry stuff, so please suggest which brand and model shall i choose which does justify the price and features.
Old 18th October 2012, 16:16   #5046
BHPian

Quote:
Hoya UV filter for lens protection.
I do have filters for lens protection but remove them before shooting. The x100 should work out great. May not be a bad idea to buy one of those crumply small tripods (forget the name, but the types you can twist and turn and crumple into a ball and slip into a largish pocket perhaps). Can be quite handy for low light indoor shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Specifically Nikkor AF 28-80 on Nikon 5100 or 3200.
Chances are that your friends SLR lenses are not the AFS kind. If so, these will not autofocus on the DSLr bodies that do not have an inbuilt motor (like the d5100, d3200) to focus on these types of lens. He shall be able to use these lenses in manual focus mode only.
Old 18th October 2012, 23:05   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan
Chances are that your friends SLR lenses are not the AFS kind. If so, these will not autofocus on the DSLr bodies that do not have an inbuilt motor (like the d5100, d3200) to focus on these types of lens. He shall be able to use these lenses in manual focus mode only.
Thanks for the feedback. He had however already gone ahead with 5100 before I could convey your message. His old lenses are now going to lie idle- Nokkor 28-80 and Nikkor 70-300.
Old 25th October 2012, 10:04   #5048
Team-BHP Support

dropped my S90 today. Had to get a new pcokect camera. The Sony RX100 would not fit my pant pocket, the Fuji XF-1 is not available off the shelf and is just as big as the RX100 (thickness is the issue). Canon S110 might be the default replacement unless you guys have an alternate.

The size that fits is 100mm x 60mm x 25mm.

Last edited by navin : 25th October 2012 at 10:07.
Old 25th October 2012, 15:09   #5049
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Looking at a point & shoot camera with good features,good picture quality,good zoom & ease to use. Any new camera launched in the past couple of months which can challenge the below 3 camera's which i have shortlisted ?

- Lumix DMC TZ25
- Powershot 260 HS
- Sony HX20V

TZ25 seems a good buy for 14k!
Old 27th October 2012, 15:29   #5050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Guys, into market for budget digital camera, 5 to 6 K max, which one shall i look out for,needs are simple day to day routine use for wifey for her routine pictures of kids,functions and easy to carry stuff, so please suggest which brand and model shall i choose which does justify the price and features.
Inititally into my camera hunt with a similar use and budget as yours, I had almost settled for the Canon A2400IS. Over a couple of days I came across various other paramters, and I got greedy. The A2400 is still a great handy camera to get though, should be about 6.5-7K from a retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

TZ25 seems a good buy for 14k!
The TZ25 is a pretty much the best option at the 13.5-14K budget. Was two minded between the Pana and the Sony HX-10V which I bought for the Sony feel good factor.
Old 27th October 2012, 23:28   #5051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
dropped my S90 today. Had to get a new pcokect camera. The Sony RX100 would not fit my pant pocket, the Fuji XF-1 is not available off the shelf and is just as big as the RX100 (thickness is the issue). Canon S110 might be the default replacement unless you guys have an alternate.

Found this site recently, and it's handy - http://camerasize.com

Compared with LX5 -
http://j.mp/Rb1Xmg

or XZ-1
http://j.mp/Rb2e8N

it seems the RX100 is your best bet. The RX100 is closest in width and height, but 1cm thicker. So is the thickness the issue preventing fitting in the pocket or length ? For similar size, the RX100 has a bigger sensor than the LX5 and XZ-1 .

Last edited by Ricci : 27th October 2012 at 23:30. Reason: typo
Old 28th October 2012, 15:07   #5052
BHPian

Clarifying on my previous post since it didn't come across right - I read your mention of thickness, what I'm getting is that pockets are shallow almost 2-D while cameras etc are 3D objects that stretch to fit what we put in. So a thicker object of shorter dimensions may be a better fit inside pockets, anywhere the dimensions aren't strictly the limiting factors.

Otherwise the S95/100/110 are the next best advanced compacts around, as you write.
Old 29th October 2012, 13:46   #5053
BHPian

Sub : Delete EXIF Data

Hi Guys

Need your help in finding a good utility for removing EXIF data from photos, as a matter of privacy concerns.

Any good utility that can work out without doing anything to the original image [ No compression etc ]

Help is highly appreciated in this aspect
Old 29th October 2012, 20:54   #5054
BHPian

Can any of you compare Sony W 690 and Nikon Coolpix S 6300? Which is better? Both are 10 x optical zoom. Any positive points?
Old 29th October 2012, 21:24   #5055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

My favorite pocket camera at the moment is the Sony DSC W350. Its only slightly larger than a pack of smokes and takes great pictures.

Build is great, picture quality (color rendition/depth/clarity) is very good and performs admirably in low light. Supports SD cards as well.

It may not be available in stores, but online vendors carry it at great prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks