Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2013, 22:16   #5161
Senior - BHPian

Nikon has launched Coolpix A digital compact camera with an APS-C sensor (~23x18). Thats huge for a compact camera. This camera is one stop ahead of Sony's RX-1. The only possible downside could be that Coolpix A has a 18.5 mm fixed lens. So not much of optical zoom, which is the most sought after parameter while purchasing a compact camera.

However the IQ is stunning based on the first impression reports.
Old 7th March 2013, 08:54   #5162
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Any BHPian has bought the Samsung Galaxy GC100 android based camera, presently retailing about Rs 26K on Flipkart? The Camera has got 16 MP and 21X optical zoom. Hows the perfomance/review, need to confirm a friend who is very much inclined to it although have suggested better alternatives.
Old 7th March 2013, 10:14   #5163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any BHPian has bought the Samsung Galaxy GC100 android based camera, presently retailing about Rs 26K on Flipkart? The Camera has got 16 MP and 21X optical zoom. Hows the perfomance/review, need to confirm a friend who is very much inclined to it although have suggested better alternatives.
For 26k, one can buy 2 dedicated gadgets - a decent bridge camera and a decent Android based phone/phablet/tablet.

IMHO, it doesn't make sense to buy the Samsung Galaxy Camera at the current price. Still if your friend is interested, ask him to check out the review on gsmarena website.

Rohan
Old 7th March 2013, 16:34   #5164
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gurus,

i went to buy the Sony DCS HX20V today which retails for 19.5k. No one has stock of it and Croma salesman told me that it has been discontinued. Can anyone let me kow if it really has been discontinued. i have also posted on the FB Page of Sony India (yet to receive any response).

Need this camera urgently as am tying the knot in a week and off for my honeymoon where i would use this camera a lot.

Thanks.
Old 7th March 2013, 17:41   #5165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Gurus,

i went to buy the Sony DCS HX20V today which retails for 19.5k. No one has stock of it and Croma salesman told me that it has been discontinued. Can anyone let me kow if it really has been discontinued. i have also posted on the FB Page of Sony India (yet to receive any response).

Need this camera urgently as am tying the knot in a week and off for my honeymoon where i would use this camera a lot.

Thanks.
Flipkart seems to have it in stock. Flipkart usually delivers in < 2 days flat. Here's the link:
http://www.flipkart.com/sony-dsc-hx2...2-2ae841afc06f

Cheers!
Old 7th March 2013, 18:42   #5166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Flipkart seems to have it in stock. Flipkart usually delivers in < 2 days flat. Here's the link:
http://www.flipkart.com/sony-dsc-hx2...2-2ae841afc06f

Cheers!
Thanks Buddy but i dont shop online. I am still old school who believes in seeing a product in person, check everything and then make the purchase. But thanks for the help.
Old 7th March 2013, 18:57   #5167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks Buddy but i dont shop online. I am still old school who believes in seeing a product in person, check everything and then make the purchase. But thanks for the help.
Ohh is it. I have purchased hundreds of items from Flipkart over last 2 years and it is the only online store I can vouch for. Flipkart only sells brand new packed pieces and their delivery system is lightning fast. Their after sales is also amazing.

Why don't you tell your Sony dealer that I am getting the camera delivered in 2 days from Flipkart at a better price than his? He might bend a bit and source one piece for you ASAP. (On a lighter note, Hope he does not order one himself from Flipkart at lower price and sell it you at MRP )
Old 7th March 2013, 19:22   #5168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ohh is it. I have purchased hundreds of items from Flipkart over last 2 years and it is the only online store I can vouch for. Flipkart only sells brand new packed pieces and their delivery system is lightning fast. Their after sales is also amazing.

Why don't you tell your Sony dealer that I am getting the camera delivered in 2 days from Flipkart at a better price than his? He might bend a bit and source one piece for you ASAP. (On a lighter note, Hope he does not order one himself from Flipkart at lower price and sell it you at MRP )
I know. Have heard about flipkart and know many who use it. Just that i dont feel comfortable. Its just in my head you see.
Old 8th April 2013, 17:34   #5169
BHPian

Hi, I am looking for a point and shoot for my sister. She travels a fair bit, and doesn't like DSLRs (too big, and she isn't very technical).
I want to get her a point and shoot (max budget 25k) for her birthday.
Criteria is:
(1) Image quality
(2) Size (Not necessarily pocket sized, but not as huge as a DSLR either. Something mid sized, she cna carry in her bag)

Can someone recommend a few models?

Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 18:35   #5170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Thanks
Look no further than Canon 110HS. It should be available for well within 15K in India. Canon Digic 5 processor for better low light images, built-in CA correction and you can slip it into your pockets.
Old 8th April 2013, 20:10   #5171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I am looking for a point and shoot for my sister. She travels a fair bit, and doesn't like DSLRs (too big, and she isn't very technical).
I want to get her a point and shoot (max budget 25k) for her birthday.
Criteria is:
(1) Image quality
(2) Size (Not necessarily pocket sized, but not as huge as a DSLR either. Something mid sized, she cna carry in her bag)

Thanks
Sony HX 20V. Got it last month. Took it for my Honeymoon and trust me its worth it. Never used flash unnecessarily and the low light pics were absolutely natural and awesome.It has an 'i' mode (intelligent mode) with which i used to click. No other settings touched as i am novice. Optical Zoom is very nice.

Paid 19.5k with 4GB SD Card, Carry Case, Data Cable and HDMI Cable. Brought it from Reliance Digital.
Old 9th April 2013, 11:24   #5172
BHPian

What about the Canon S100? I understand that the image quality is slightly better since the sensor is bigger.
Are there any other options? I am at the moment confused between the S100 and the Sony HX20V.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:26   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
What about the Canon S100? I understand that the image quality is slightly better since the sensor is bigger.
Are there any other options? I am at the moment confused between the S100 and the Sony HX20V.
For your budget, it has to be Nikon P7700 (most VFM) if picture quality is your priority. Its cheaper than canon S110.

Sony HX20V PQ is not in the league of P7700 and S110. However, HX20V has a much bigger zoom and very good video quality. So, select based on your requirement. In case you decide to buy HX20V, you should have a look at canon sx260HS or the non-GPS version sx240HS. Canon has recently reduced the price of sx260 HS and retails at around 15K. Don't get fooled by the price of canon sx260HS, its PQ is reported to be better than HX20V in dpreview and has a similar 20X zoom.

Last edited by sups : 12th April 2013 at 11:38.
Old 13th April 2013, 13:54   #5174
BHPian

Hi All,
I am planning to gift a compact point and shoot camera for my parents, my requirements are,

1.Slim and light weight
2.Easy to use
3.Should be able to shoot full HD videos
4.Should have a LCD screen of atleast 2.5in
5.Budget is around 20k

Please suggest me a good and reliable P&S camera keeping above points in mind, currently they are using a Canon Power Shot A400 which is almost 10 years old and is almost dead.

Vijay
Old 13th April 2013, 16:41   #5175
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ajay,
I was looking for a Eos 600D after the price drop. Went to Flipkart and alomost finalised it. At the last moment, thought of checking the most famous shop in Chennai -Dass Cameras. To my suprise, he is selling the same kit + similar freebies and is charging 700 bucks lower than Flipkart.
I was wondering how he may got it lesser from Flipkart. (Do know if he is buying from Flipkart though!)

Regards,
Maverick79

Most Viewed