Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 15:31   #5206
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Friends,

I am planning to sell my Sony HX200V, which I bought in Feb 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Ajay

To be franky and honest, digital cameras depreciate so fast that @15K there are already better spec'd cameras that people may chose.

If you can get this camera sold for 10K i would be surprised not because of low value but because of value based cameras available at similar price points.
Hurrey! I sold off the HX200V for 12k to one person. Not bad I say.
Old 21st August 2013, 23:54   #5207
BHPian

Quote:

Hurrey! I sold off the HX200V for 12k to one person. Not bad I say.
I have the same camera. Any performance issues for selling the camera? I read you are going for DSLR but beyond that any other reasons? I feel HX200V is a good camera and generally Sony does not reduce price of its products as compared to other companies. I bought the camera in november 2012 for 24500. After nearly a year the price is same.

Last edited by Supercool : 22nd August 2013 at 00:00.
Old 23rd August 2013, 06:20   #5208
Senior - BHPian

I picked up a Sony RX100ii, the recently released version, yesterday. I was looking for a high quality pocketable camera - or one that can sit in a small belt case, for ease of carrying and access without coming in the way of ability to sit and walk around without even knowing it is there. It is meant to complement my DSLR system, for the times I can't be carrying that around and for more discreet shooting.
I have a preference to Fuji, so I was giving the x20 serious thought, along with the Sony Rx100. The Fuji is more of a camera, and less of an electronic gadget the way the Sony is.
But the Sony packs in a larger 1 inch sensor than the Fuji, although that isn't the reason for reluctantly nixing the Fuji. Two main issues with the Fuji were that it can't go in a small case, the zoom doesn't collapse down as much as the Sony does when powered off, and the Fuji has a manual lens cap that is easy to lose.
Last month I read about the Mark 2 version of the Sony, which made the decision a no brainer for the added hotshoe, tiltable LCD screen, and a stop more low light capability for the same IQ at higher ISO.
Playing around with the Sony, it is almost magical as an example of just how much tech is contained in the small but sturdy all metal body. Allied to a Zeiss 1.8/4.9 lens. And it is tiny, so tiny that I dare not use it without the wrist strap, for fear of dropping it. But the IQ is such that I can leave the DSLR home for the situations it is not warranted or hard to carry, without thinking of having to make do with compromised IQ to an extent that I lose interest in using it.
Two of the first pictures out of the box, playing around with it the first time to see how it works. The one of the dog is the very first taken, in the evening under warm light lamps. Bouncing the little pop up flash by pulling it back and up with one finger. And the second, at 3200 ISO, at 11pm, with the light of just one bulb in the room.
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dsc00001.jpg  

The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dsc00065.jpg  

Last edited by Sawyer : 23rd August 2013 at 06:21.
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:35   #5209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
I have the same camera. Any performance issues for selling the camera? I read you are going for DSLR but beyond that any other reasons? I feel HX200V is a good camera and generally Sony does not reduce price of its products as compared to other companies. I bought the camera in november 2012 for 24500. After nearly a year the price is same.
Hey Supercool,

The HX200V camera is fantastic. As I mentioned, there is absolutely no other reason than upgrade for selling off this camera. I had clicked close to 6,200 pictures in the 2 years usage. The video output is really good too. You can keep this camera as long as you wish, unless there is an urge to upgrade.

Cheers!
Old 23rd August 2013, 09:52   #5210
BHPian

Quote:

Hey Supercool,

The HX200V camera is fantastic. As I mentioned, there is absolutely no other reason than upgrade for selling off this camera. I had clicked close to 6,200 pictures in the 2 years usage. The video output is really good too. You can keep this camera as long as you wish, unless there is an urge to upgrade.

Cheers!
Thanks Ajay. Please do share your experience with Nikon D 5200. Lot of photographers prefer to keep a point and shoot camera along with dslr because of sheer ease of using. I am also planning a buy a DSLR next month. Your views on nikon D 5200 will help.
Old 25th August 2013, 18:20   #5211
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Hi team,
I am planning a bridge camera , Option i have is Canon SX50, Pana FZ200 or Sony HX300.

Usage is for birding / wildlife photography.

The confusion is need fast camera (shutter speed with zoom range) hence pana qualifies as its 2.8 across the zoom, so low light functionality will be great. Con - Zoom is about 600 mm. I was looking around 1000 mm.

Now both Sony & Canon both have 1000 mm + optical zoom but both have Variable aperture of 2.8 - 6.3. So the low light , i will need to up the ISO so that i get a reasonable shutter speed at higher zoom.

Need feedback Canon or Sony performance at higher ISO. Also i already have a DSLR with 500 mm zoom lens already. There are times when you require a little more may be around 800 - 900 mm . Also this new one will be more like a walk around camera.

thanks in advance

Last edited by v&v : 25th August 2013 at 18:23.
Old 28th August 2013, 14:35   #5212
Senior - BHPian

Sony RX100 - clear image zoom

I just discovered how good this feature is in the little Sony. I bought it for the 1.8 Zeiss lens and 1 inch sensor for lowlight images. At the 100mm zoom end, the lens slows down to 4.9, but most of my needs will be with the lens stopped down to just f2, 30 mm.
But using clear image zoom - not as clear as optical, but a lot clearer and usable than digital zooming, one can shoot at 200mm, f4.9. Which is really quite remarkable in a camera this size. Gives the camera a very decent range for picture taking in good light, with a stabilised body.
A off the cuff shot taken at that range, from the 9th floor where I live:
Out of the camera, uncropped image, medium size file, two stages down from the full size version.
Attached Thumbnails
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.-dsc00215.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2013, 11:10   #5213
BHPian

I am using Sony Hx10v and was on out for weekend wherein i did click few pictures (35-40).

The problem is that i can view the pictures in the camera and if i click new ones it gets saved in the camera memory card but if the same card is inserted in my laptop it detects the card but i cannot view any of the pictures.

Tried scanning the memory card but no virus found.

After re-inserting the memory card in laptop it gave me message "format card", which i did not do as i need the pictures.

Is there any solution for this or should try to connect the camera directly to usb which i have not tried since i bought the camera as i find inserting the memory card method very much easy.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 2nd September 2013 at 11:12.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:09   #5214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Is there any solution for this or should try to connect the camera directly to usb which i have not tried since i bought the camera as i find inserting the memory card method very much easy.
Don't format, you must try connecting via usb cable. it must work if it's working in camera.
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:12   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Don't format, you must try connecting via usb cable. it must work if it's working in camera.
Thanks a lot

I will try it via usb cable, just hope it works that way.
Old 5th September 2013, 00:50   #5216
BHPian

Requesting team bhpians to give feedback about tapprs.com service.
Old 22nd September 2013, 20:21   #5217
BHPian

Guys, whats a good camera around 20K for use in low light and flash? Indoor use and occasional outdoors.
I am not a very technical guy so will like to rely more on the auto and preset features.
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:25   #5218
BHPian

Quote:
The HX200V camera is fantastic.
I have both a Sony HX20V and a Sony HX200V. The HX200V is what I use when I've planned to get some pictures at a local event. The HX20V is what I usually carry around when traveling. They offer good value for the price we paid, and won't match the offerings by cameras that cost twice as much (like the Sony Alpha series or any other DSLR); however, you can walk through the green channel when going through customs at Indian airports because they don't really care about non-DSLRs.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:03   #5219
BHPian

Guys, I am sure this question has been asked multiple times but here I am asking again.

My friend is planning on investing a camera. Main requirements are low light indoor photography as he has a young kid and probable some landscapes. He asked if he should go for Point and Shoot or a DSLR. I am not very familiar with good P&S cameras in the market. Can you please suggest me some good P&S cameras that can produce good results in indoor photography and can shoot moving kids with ease.

Regards
Rachit.
Old 24th September 2013, 09:35   #5220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Main requirements are low light indoor photography as he has a young kid and probable some landscapes. He asked if he should go for Point and Shoot or a DSLR. I am not very familiar with good P&S cameras in the market. Can you please suggest me some good P&S cameras that can produce good results in indoor photography and can shoot moving kids with ease.
Pick any Sony Cybershot camera with Exmor R sensor. They are very good cameras for low-light Point & Shoot photography. As you indicated that the friend has a young kid, he may also want to have a HD recording facility. He can take a look at Sony DSC-WX50. If he wants a higher zoom (with Wi-Fi capability), then pick DSC-WX200 or DSC-WX300

HTH

Most Viewed