Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 23:37   #5296
BHPian

Re: The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc.

@Saildrive

Canon has the D series ( D10 I know of, but it's old and seems they don't sell the follow up models here anymore ) and Olympus has their Tough TG-xyz line-up for outdoorsy/rough use cameras.

For stores, check with JJ Mehta , though prices are now often similar at other authorised stores.
Old 27th September 2014, 21:48   #5297
BHPian

Planning to but a decent point and shoot camera for home use and review purpose. Budget is 10k (max). I've got my eyes on Panasonic TZ 25 but couldn't find any seller online and FK doesn't ship the same to my location. Suggestions?
Old 28th September 2014, 08:42   #5298
BHPian

After doing few DSLR workshops, now I intend to trade-in my Nikon P500 for a more realistic DSLR.
Nikon P500 is really good even today and someone wanting to pick it up at half the cost I paid 3 yrs ago. However the bug has bitten and hence the upgrade desire.

Anyways, Canon is agressively marking 1200D with dual kit lens (18-55, 55-250) at price which sounds steal. Any reviews? I do not weigh LCD resolution / articualtion etc while considering a camera to be good or not. Hence only from Image quality perspective, any feedback?

Cheers.
Old 28th September 2014, 19:00   #5299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
After doing few DSLR workshops, now I intend to trade-in my Nikon P500 for a more realistic DSLR.
Remember 1200D is an entry level DSLR with a crop sensor. No doubt it takes some great shots. If you are looking for a serious upgrade you must go for a full frame DSLR with higher ISO capabilities, which is expensive, even if you must wait a little while. The 18-55mm lens will not be sufficient.

For any DSLR, in a short time you will be looking for 1 prime lens ,1 zoom lens and a flash. Hope you are counting those costs as well. When you do your next upgrade, these components can be kept. So should invest in good ones.

Last edited by HillMan : 28th September 2014 at 19:03.
Old 28th September 2014, 19:37   #5300
BHPian

Quote:
Canon is agressively marking 1200D with dual kit lens (18-55, 55-250) at price which sounds steal. Any reviews? I do not weigh LCD resolution / articualtion etc while considering a camera to be good or not. Hence only from Image quality perspective, any feedback?

Cheers.
It definitely seems like a good deal, the 1200D. Not necessary that you pick a full frame, they are much expensive (even the cheapest ones). Can eventually pick up cheap prime like 50 1.8. Depending on your progress and interest, eventually, you can think of better lenses and then a better body.
Old 29th September 2014, 21:15   #5301
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, Canon is agressively marking 1200D with dual kit lens (18-55, 55-250) at price which sounds steal. Any reviews? I do not weigh LCD resolution / articualtion etc while considering a camera to be good or not. Hence only from Image quality perspective, any feedback?

Cheers.
The Nikon D3200 is also in the same price range, the real deal is Canon is offering the 55-250 lens bundled for a steal.

The current sensors by Nikon a slightly better than Canon's in terms of dynamic range and noise. Not a huge difference, but if you're the kind who indulges in pixel-peeping, you may want to know. A better way to decide is to get a feel of both systems - they have different button/switch placements, so choose which feels more intuitive. For me, it was Nikon. Also consider who in your family/friends circle has which system, in case there is a possibility to share/borrow lenses.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:36   #5302
BHPian

Hi,

I have a SONY HX100, purchased around 2 years ago.

It can record Full HD videos and can take images at 16.1 MP resolution.

Does buying a SONY Handycam (Full HD) on top of this makes sense?
Old 11th October 2014, 09:07   #5303
BHPian

Folks,

Just ordered Canon Powershot S200 on Amazon for 11989/-.

Let's see how it performs.
Old 11th October 2014, 13:12   #5304
Distinguished - BHPian

Fujifilm X-S1

I looked at this camera wjem I was buying last year. In the end I bought the similarly-featured, but longer super-zoom, HS50EXR, but I sometimes regret that. The reason is that the build quality of X-S1 is in a different league: it feels like a real camera, perhaps more like a DSLR, although I don't really have experience of Digital SLR.

I'm an occasional photographer, the last thing I need is two cameras, but somehow I still can't resist watching the price of this one at Flipkart. Sometimes it drops to 50%

~
Old 12th October 2014, 15:42   #5305
BHPian

Anyone in Pune interested in canon sx50? I have sealed pack with official warranty and free cover. I got it in 22500 and can give in the same price. I haven't even opened the pack as sx60 seems to be released now and I am planning to buy sx60 in abt 30000 Rs. if anyone interested then please contact me today else I am planning to return the package tomorrow. if interested call me at 09049361203. moderators, I hope this is OK to place it here else please delete it.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:24   #5306
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm looking at DSC H400 since I'm getting it for around 10.5K. In online stores, it's around 17K. (Flipkart, Amazon)

The reviews say that the image quality is not good. But that's when you consider the full price for it. Is the image quality acceptable for 10.5K?

Can anyone please go through this review and let me know if the image quality and overall features are acceptable for 10.5K? (I'm a complete noob when it comes to cameras.)

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...c_h400_review/

Last edited by theredliner : 13th October 2014 at 11:26.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:39   #5307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Folks,

Just ordered Canon Powershot S200 on Amazon for 11989/-.

Let's see how it performs.
I never understood why Canon plonked a 10MP CCD sensor into the S200. But looking at the mouth watering prices ... I now understand.

The S110/120 (CMOS sensor) is severely SEVERELY overpriced (considering that you get same performance from Nikon P330/340)

S200 should work out great - especially with the fast lens at the wide end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking at DSC H400 since I'm getting it for around 10.5K. In online stores, it's around 17K. (Flipkart, Amazon)

The reviews say that the image quality is not good. But that's when you consider the full price for it. Is the image quality acceptable for 10.5K?

Can anyone please go through this review and let me know if the image quality and overall features are acceptable for 10.5K? (I'm a complete noob when it comes to cameras.)

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...c_h400_review/
Never understood the whole super zoom genre.
Do you actually plan to use the 63X zoom?
Do you actually prefer having the heft of a super zoom (almost as big as a DSLR)?

In my opinion the travel zoom category is the most zoom that a person would ever use at a MUCH MUCH compact form factor.
In any case since you are getting it at much less price I would suggest buy it without going too much into image quality aspect.
All cameras of this genre have a small sensor and high zoom lens. Which means poor image quality compared to an SLR.

Last edited by alpha1 : 13th October 2014 at 11:52.
Old 13th October 2014, 11:59   #5308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Never understood the whole super zoom genre.
Do you actually plan to use the 63X zoom?
Do you actually prefer having the heft of a super zoom (almost as big as a DSLR)?

In my opinion the travel zoom category is the most zoom that a person would ever use at a MUCH MUCH compact form factor.
In any case since you are getting it at much less price I would suggest buy it without going too much into image quality aspect.
All cameras of this genre have a small sensor and high zoom lens. Which means poor image quality compared to an SLR.
Thanks.
I'm considering it only because of the price tag. Are there any other cams with lesser zoom which have better picture quality around 10K. I'm not even considering DSLR because I lack knowledge regarding something basic like ISO. So thinking of getting a P&S first. I wouldn't mind lesser zoom. But would prefer >10X.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:32   #5309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Thanks.
I'm considering it only because of the price tag. Are there any other cams with lesser zoom which have better picture quality around 10K. I'm not even considering DSLR because I lack knowledge regarding something basic like ISO. So thinking of getting a P&S first. I wouldn't mind lesser zoom. But would prefer >10X.
Hello there,

Don't know much myself.

Pl firm up your needs.

E.g. size, zoom, sensor size, aperture, manual controls, shutter speed etc.

All this gyan can easily be obtained in a few hours on the web.

Then ask here. Surely the knowledgeable folks here will help you.

Happy searching.
Old 13th October 2014, 12:52   #5310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I never understood why Canon plonked a 10MP CCD sensor into the S200. But looking at the mouth watering prices ... I now understand.

The S110/120 (CMOS sensor) is severely SEVERELY overpriced (considering that you get same performance from Nikon P330/340)

S200 should work out great - especially with the fast lens at the wide end!

Thanks. You are right.

To worry about low MP or the sensor type does not make sense.

Oops. Sorry for the back to back posts.

Last edited by skdking : 13th October 2014 at 12:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks