Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 22:00   #2476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Isn't M really overhyped? I used M regularly until the oldman pushed me into A. Now there is only one situation where I use M, that is when I use spot-metering. I can still use A with AE-Lock and EC, but I am more comfortable using M with spot-metering. Habit, I guess.

KB, if you are focusing on photography, why are downloading 40D tutorials? Forget the equipment, focus on the techniques.
Samurai, i was also using M as i thought that any photographer aspiring to become a professional should use manual.

But after my first meeting with old man, i too changed to Av. From that day, i mostly use Av with Ec in most of the cases, unless i deliberately want to achieve something very different exposure.
Old 13th June 2008, 01:13   #2477
BHPian

Pz recommend AA rechargable batteries along with charger and Sd storage card 4gb or 8gb with aprox Price.
Old 13th June 2008, 01:29   #2478
Senior - BHPian

I use Av/Tv most of the time. However I do switch to M when light is poor or when I believe there is significant chance of the camera metering incorrectly.
Old 13th June 2008, 07:41   #2479
BHPian

HyperDrive - Standalone Photo Data Storage

Is anyone here using HyperDrive or any clone of the same? For those who don't know, This is basically an HDD enclosure made by HyperDrive which can read various card format (Including CF, SD & MMC) without the need of a computer. Yes, plug it, transfer it & reuse the card. I am interesting in buying one ever since I picked up my digi but not sure how effective they are.

Hrperdrive review

Of course, EPSON P 3000/5000 are also there for complete photo solutions but I believe that HyperDrive just does the job instead of getting into fancy usage.

B31B187002 Epson P-5000 Photoviewer, Portable 80 GB Multimedia Storage & Viewer with USB 2.0 Interface & 4" LCD

Them Clones

Amazon.com: Digital Foci Photo Safe 80GB Digital Picture Storage: Electronics

Amazon.com: Sas 2.5 Hard Disk Enclosure With 9-In-1 Card Reader Writer Ide Usb2.0: Electronics

PS : I also came through Wolverine products, but saw bad reviews and hence not in the list.
Old 13th June 2008, 09:39   #2480
BANNED

Digital Handycam Suggestions

Hi Guys,

Was planning to buy a Digital Handy Cam and wanted your suggestions on which brand/model to buy. I am a absolute novice when it comes to the same and this will be my 1st Handycam. My current camera is a Sony DSC-P100.

The Handycam will be purchased in Dubai by a relative and hand carried. Was suggested a Sony DCRSR46E which has the following features and costs US555/-

Jumbo Electronics Company - the largest distributor of consumer electronics and technology products in United Arab Emirates

SONY HANDYCAM
Model : DCRSR46E

40 GB Hard Disk Drive
HYBRID
1/8" CCD
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
40x Optical/2000x Digital Zoom

Is this good or can anyone suggest me a better brand model in a price range of max US600/-

Please advise fast as he will be leaving in approx 2 weeks for India.

Viper
Old 13th June 2008, 10:01   #2481
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
These are the the hardware tutorials - shows me how to change the settings etc. Here is the first part of a 11 part series.
Attend a weekend photography class. Try this one, it is happening pretty soon. The Jungle Look/info/resources/photography-workshop
Old 13th June 2008, 10:26   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a good workshop. Does anyone know about similar workshops in Mumbai?
Old 13th June 2008, 10:40   #2483
Team-BHP Support

I made something like hyperdrive buy buying a casing with USB master and plonking a seagate HDD in it.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:12   #2484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Isn't M really overhyped? I used M regularly until the oldman pushed me into A.
I am used to M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

Was planning to buy a Digital Handy Cam
SONY HANDYCAM
Model : DCRSR46E

40 GB Hard Disk Drive
Viper why buy a camera with moving parts. Today there are plenty of choices of handycams that use memory chips. My fav is the canon HF10.
Old 14th June 2008, 00:17   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attend a weekend photography class. Try this one, it is happening pretty soon. The Jungle Look/info/resources/photography-workshop
Sudhir Shivarams class - yes had this marked down as one of my options (from the Bangalore photography forum)

Any reviews on this one?.. or any other?
Old 14th June 2008, 00:27   #2486
BHPian

Putting up this question again, can't help it, it kinda got lost in between discussions:
Need serious advice on deciding between two lenses for my S3 IS:

Marumi 2X -> Rs 3500 (People's camera Fort, in stock)
Sony DH1758 -> Rs 10,000 (Warden Rd. Will have to be ordered on paying intitial depost)

1. Anyone ever used "Marumi" ??

2. Have called up a lot of stores and the above two seem the only ones to carry lenses for S3 Type cameras, most others have them for SLR's. Does anyone know other Stores where such lenses are sold??

Last edited by carzy : 14th June 2008 at 00:29.
Old 14th June 2008, 00:39   #2487
Senior - BHPian

for what camera? can you please post in detail. BTW have you tried jjmehta.
Old 14th June 2008, 00:55   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
for what camera? can you please post in detail. BTW have you tried jjmehta.
Alec, it's a Canon S3 IS as I've mentioned above (it's not an SLR). No, haven't tried JJ Mehta, just looked him up though, will check if he's got it. Doesn't seem like though since his website only has SLR lenses. The problem in ordering Sony DH1758 is that I have to pay up even before I can get to touch the product, I'm not comfortable with that, could be an issue if it's damaged for some reason. Marumi -> I'm scared to buy coz I've never heard of this company.
Old 14th June 2008, 10:18   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzy View Post
Alec, it's a Canon S3 IS as I've mentioned above (it's not an SLR). No, haven't tried JJ Mehta, just looked him up though, will check if he's got it. Doesn't seem like though since his website only has SLR lenses. The problem in ordering Sony DH1758 is that I have to pay up even before I can get to touch the product, I'm not comfortable with that, could be an issue if it's damaged for some reason. Marumi -> I'm scared to buy coz I've never heard of this company.
check this link JJMEHTA.COM PRICELIST Page

he lists them right at the bottom of the page - Marumi for 3500/- and a local made one for 500/-
Old 14th June 2008, 12:41   #2490
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see a top photographer using the same camera as mine.

rediff.com slide show: Meet John Isaac, one of the world's finest photographers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks