Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 12:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

Mods I'd suggest... please close this thread to avoid any more of this rubbish being posted. BUSA has already got a basic idea of what he wants. Don't think this thread deserves to remain open as it'll end up being a flame fest.
Old 30th November 2007, 12:54   #92
BHPian

Quote:
ASUS Maximus Formula, Maximus Extreme, Maximus Formula (Special Edition), Blitz Formula (Special Edition), Blitz Extreme, Commando are some of the motherboards which are based on various intel chipsets...
I hope thats for Notorious, right ?

Quote:
I am talking about the highest model of Core 2 Duo i.e Core 2 Duo E6850 which has a Nominal frequency of 3.0 GHz, Bus frequency of 1333 MHz with 4 MB L2 cache

&

the lowest model of Core 2 Quad i.e Core 2 Quad Q6600 which has a Nominal frequency of 2.4 GHz
, Bus frequency of 1067 MHz with 8 MB L2 cache
Why are you telling us something we already know ? Also its 1066 Mhz FSB and not 1067

Quote:
i would also like to tell that the Intel's Core™2 Extreme quad-core processor that is QX9650 which is based on 45nm technology runs on the clock frequency of 3.0 GHz has 12 MB of total L2 cache & 1333 MHz front side bus u won't imagine the power of this Desktop processor it is the beast that has to unleashed, i am really curious to get the hands on this monster.
People with unimaginable financial resources buy such stuff, a sane person wont buy a 1300-1400 $ chip when the same speeds can be achieved on a lesser priced chip

Quote:
Coming to the GPUs ATI readon is very good but remember one thing that it wont be able to outperform NVIDIA..

NVIDIA GPUs are the worlds best & they'll continued to be the best.
Oh Really ? Can you prove that ? Dont make baseless statements especially when they are completely false.

Quote:
I know NOTORIOUS personally he is a very good Networking/Hardware engineer, i don't know other members in this thread but please instead of giving comment to each other share information, that will help in soughtout the problems.
Its a good thing that he is a knowledgeable person when it comes to hardware but at the same time that doesn't mean others are lame and don't know nothing. Also with the kind of statements he has made, i have a fair enough idea about his know how about hardware in general, so lets not go there.

Cheers !
Old 30th November 2007, 13:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

Oh my my, look what i asked for and now i am totally confused

Anyways i have finally decided what i want. Just want to clarify the same with you guys here.
  1. Cabinet with psu = Still confused here?
  2. Ram 2 gb transcend 800 mhz - 3000
  3. Processor = core to duo E6750 2.66GHz 4mb cache 1333MHz fsb ==8000
  4. Mother board = xfx nvidia 650i=5000 or Abit
  5. graphic card xfx nvidia 8600 gt = 6000
Quote:
just a suggestion for a video card get one of the new ati radeon 3850 or 3870 depending on your budget if you can.
How much exactly do they cost?
Old 30th November 2007, 14:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Anyways i have finally decided what i want. Just want to clarify the same with you guys here.
How much exactly do they cost?
they are locally not available AFAIK ...... anyways will be around 13-15k

if u are willing for spend that much i will suggest u to go with 8800GT
Old 30th November 2007, 16:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Sir please note that when you buy a xfx nvidia 650i, please check all ram slots in shop to avoid problems later .and i know you will select nvidia only,let those ati fans snach there hairs from there head
Old 30th November 2007, 16:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
they are locally not available AFAIK ...... anyways will be around 13-15k

if u are willing for spend that much i will suggest u to go with 8800GT
and nvidia is locally available also.
Old 30th November 2007, 17:04   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
  • I hope thats for Notorious, right ?
No Its not for me.
  • Why are you telling us something we already know ? Also its 1066 Mhz FSB and not 1067
It is 1069.2 MHz want a proof ?

See this

People with unimaginable financial resources buy such stuff, a sane person wont buy a 1300-1400 $ chip when the same speeds can be achieved on a lesser priced chip.

But I will buy that and gift one to nos007 also.

Oh Really ? Can you prove that ? Dont make baseless statements especially when they are completely false.
  • I will prove it when there is a time for it.
Also with the kind of statements he has made, i have a fair enough idea about his know how about hardware in general, so lets not go there.
  • Thank God that you got even an idea about what i am trying to say.
Some comments for you amey !!

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 30th November 2007 at 17:08.
Old 30th November 2007, 17:32   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There is only one board and its called the Striker Extreme. The other is the P5N32-E SLI. The only difference between the two is a backpanel display, onboard switches for power on/reset etc and a slightly more tweakable bios. The Striker is simply a waste of cash when the P5N32-E SLI can do what it can.
  • Thank God you know that, or i have to give you another full explanation on that.
Rubbish. The quads can't overclock as much as dual cores. An E6850 will overclock to 4GHz or more on air while getting a quadcore to clock more than 3.6 or so on air is hard... very very hard. In single or dual threaded apps, the dual core will hand the quad its posterior.
  • Really ? See this
[COLOR=#22229c]http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/cpu/core2quad-q6600/temp.png&1=1[/COLOR]

Infact your so called best of the best Striker Extreme has severe issues overclocking quad cores to more than 400FSB i.e. 3200MHz. To overclock quads properly, the board needs a GTL Ref chip and nearly all NF 680i boards lack this. Basically means no quad core overclocking. Been there, done that... 680i boards are absolute crap for quad cores and the bigger more hopeless thing is that they can't support the 45nm cpus at anything more than stock.
  • Dont think of buying 45nm processors which are atleast 6 months away.
What are you trying to prove here? As I said earlier the E6850 will be way way faster than the Q6600 in single and dual threaded apps. In a limited domain, the Q6600 will be faster.
  • So you yourself agree that q6600 is faster then e6850.
Best of luck... I'd rather spend my 1200$ on something more useful.
  • Like buying 45nm processors which are atleast 6 months away.
According to that generalization, a 7100GS is faster than an X1900XT . Do you think that is true?
  • Is That you misunderstood or you really know nothing ???
The 8800 cards are the only cards till date since the Geforce 4 series cards where NVIDIA has actually outperformed ATI.
  • Thank God , That You Know This.
If you have no clue about the video card world, please don't spew rubbish over here. Go compare a NVIDIA 7900 GTX with an ATI X1900XT. The NVIDIA chip will be absolutely murdered.
  • Dont Know about 7900 gtx but yes 8800 gtx will kill ATI X1900XT any day.
Thats exactly what you and notorious are spewing over here.
  • And what are you doing ?.just wasting your time and space on team-bhp.com server with your invaluable comments.
( Twenty Characters )
Old 30th November 2007, 18:00   #99
BHPian

@ notoroius: u r really asking for it man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS
WOW! here's another proof right off Intel's website. Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Numbers

Quote:
LOL. $1200 in the US roughly translates to about ~75k retail price in India. Good Luck with your and your friend's uber processors!

Quote:
I will prove it when there is a time for it.
Looks like you've plenty of time already. Why dont you go ahead and do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Really ? See this

Pls do check the temps the CPU hit (all 4 cores) when running at those clocks. It was cooled by a uber after-market cooler and the tests were conducted mostly in ambient temps that are way lower than one would find here in India. Point being, 3.6GHz is the max an enthusiast could achieve with a Q6600 on air cooling. Precisely what ROC mentioned.

besides, the same Xbit Q6600 review concludes :
Quote:
However, those computer users who do not want to mess with processor overclocking may think differently. In this case Core 2 Duo E6850 with 25% higher clock speed performs better in a lot of applications, including games. Moreover, it is also more economical. As a result, the most optimal choice for a system working at nominal speeds would depends a lot on the type of tasks it is intended for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Dont Know about 7900 gtx but yes 8800 gtx will kill ATI X1900XT any day.
Compare apples to apples mate. Comparing a 8800GTX to one-generation-behind X1900XTX is as good as saying Pentium 4 will kill Pentium 3 any day. DUH!Like ROC and Amey mentioned already, stop posting BS (anything u post without backing it up with necessary proof is BS). Please do not mislead members here with your limited knowledge. What is expected on public forums is 'fair' opinions.

Peace!
Old 30th November 2007, 20:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Guys please chill and stop this i know more then you fight here itself.

I appreciate all your inputs and i think i will be going in for what ROC has said along with some inputs of bottle and Amey. Thanks a ton guys.
  1. Cabinet with psu = Still confused here? Need a good PSU.
  3. Processor = core to duo E4500 - 5000
  4. Mother board = xfx nvidia 650i=5000 or Abit IP35-E - 6200
Old 30th November 2007, 20:28   #101
BHPian

Any decent ATX case wud do, i guess. For PSU, Coolermaster xTreme 600W ~ 3k would be decent enough.
Old 30th November 2007, 22:35   #102
Nos007

Quote:
There is only one board and its called the Striker Extreme. The other is the P5N32-E SLI. The only difference between the two is a backpanel display, onboard switches for power on/reset etc and a slightly more tweakable bios. The Striker is simply a waste of cash when the P5N32-E SLI can do what it can.
First of all u r wrong there are two boards Striker & Striker Extreme, there is a very small difference between them, go check it out urself..

Secondly yes u r right that P5N32-E SLI is an good alternative to Striker extream but it is for budget users....as many hardcore gamers & enthusiast still prefer Striker Extream....because its overclocking ability is more than that of P5N32-E SLI.

Quote:
Alienware makes some of the ****tiest systems on the planet. Its obvious you've never used any. Their QA is so poor that they have the highest number of complaints registered per system in the industry. Then don't get me started on how poor their after sales service is. Go buy one and you'll know .
India is in there restricted zones, so i'll never get hands on Alienware, so u may be right there..but i'll defenatly go check out there systems..

Quote:
Rubbish. The quads can't overclock as much as dual cores. An E6850 will overclock to 4GHz or more on air while getting a quadcore to clock more than 3.6 or so on air is hard... very very hard. In single or dual threaded apps, the dual core will hand the quad its posterior. You have to remember that more than 95% of the applications on PCs still belong to this category. Hell even at the same clock speeds, the quad will be slower than the dual core cos of scheduling issues. Plus one has to remember Amdahl's law which gives an upper bound to the expected speedup cos of parallelism. Basically means increasing the number of cores on a CPU improves performance sub linearly.

Infact your so called best of the best Striker Extreme has severe issues overclocking quad cores to more than 400FSB i.e. 3200MHz. To overclock quads properly, the board needs a GTL Ref chip and nearly all NF 680i boards lack this. Basically means no quad core overclocking. Been there, done that... 680i boards are absolute crap for quad cores and the bigger more hopeless thing is that they can't support the 45nm cpus at anything more than stock.

What are you trying to prove here? As I said earlier the E6850 will be way way faster than the Q6600 in single and dual threaded apps. In a limited domain, the Q6600 will be faster.
Best of luck... I'd rather spend my 1200$ on something more useful.
I know that E6850 will be a way faster than Q6600 because of its greater FSB & Clock rate but when both overclocked Q6600 is way ahead of E6850, & also don't forget the Go Stepping in Quad Core Processors, now i am not going to give u every benchmark.

there are only 2 Quad Core processors i.e Q6600 & Q6700 which has less FSB & Clock rate than E6850 other than that comes an Extream series(QX) of Quad Core which is not comparable to Core 2 Duo because they r way way way faster.

&

as far as QX9650 is concerned than i would definatly going to buy that as i am insane user buddy & spend as many as buckets of money..on my system..so no more words here.

Quote:
According to that generalization, a 7100GS is faster than an X1900XT . Do you think that is true?

The 8800 cards are the only cards till date since the Geforce 4 series cards where NVIDIA has actually outperformed ATI. If you have no clue about the video card world, please don't spew rubbish over here. Go compare a NVIDIA 7900 GTX with an ATI X1900XT. The NVIDIA chip will be absolutely murdered.
See buddy as i said earlier it all depends upon the taste & budget,

& for the GPUs i'll always prefer Nvidia Geforce 8 series, as thay are absolutley way ahead of ATI

&

8800 u know is the king, so please for me ATI is nothing,
till one day when ATI will able to outperform NVIDIA then i would take it...

&

for u & all ur friends best of luck in future....

Old 30th November 2007, 22:56   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

aha...... maaa555kkaaayyyy also joined in I see

Nice !! and Rahul's also here. This looks like an interesting battle !!
Old 2nd December 2007, 18:36   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Had you seen the screenshot a bit carefully, you wouldnt have posted this.Look at the Bus speed.Its not 266MHz, its 267.3 which is definitely more than the stock 266.
Also first you say 1067 then you say 1069 whats wrong with you ? Decide what you want to stick with.
Intel sells 1066MHz FSB Processor so all this 1067 and 1069 is BS so you are wrong.

Quote:
By all means ! Enjoy !

Quote:
I will prove it when there is a time for it.
Heh, nice and diplomatic way to chicken out. Lol

Quote:
Dont think of buying 45nm processors which are atleast 6 months away.
What makes you think they are 6 months away ?

Quote:
And what are you doing ?.just wasting your time and space on team-bhp.com server with your invaluable comments.
Maybe correct all your BS statements and help TBHpians from getting misled,thanks to your wrong info ?

Quote:
First of all u r wrong there are two boards Striker & Striker Extreme, there is a very small difference between them, go check it out urself..
Could you provide a link from Asus website with info about the Striker Non Extreme ?

Quote:
I know that E6850 will be a way faster than Q6600 because of its greater FSB & Clock rate but when both overclocked Q6600 is way ahead of E6850, & also don't forget the Go Stepping in Quad Core Processors, now i am not going to give u every benchmark.
Really ? Then what stepping is the E6850 if not G0 ?

Quote:
there are only 2 Quad Core processors i.e Q6600 & Q6700 which has less FSB & Clock rate than E6850 other than that comes an Extream series(QX) of Quad Core which is not comparable to Core 2 Duo because they r way way way faster.
Interesting, care to mention what is so special about the Extreme series that makes them way way faster ? What are their unique features ?

Quote:
for the GPUs i'll always prefer Nvidia Geforce 8 series, as thay are absolutley way ahead of ATI
No ones restricting your preference, isnt it ?

Quote:
8800 u know is the king, so please for me ATI is nothing,
till one day when ATI will able to outperform NVIDIA then i would take it...
Wow ! what a logic, 8800 is powerful so ATI is nothing ? LOL
From your comments its is pretty evident that you are unaware of Nvidia and ATI's history. ATI has beaten Nvidia several times. Nvidia and ATI keep swapping the performance crown, nothing new,has been happening for ages.
Old 8th December 2007, 17:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i saw a HP PC at Croma for 25k with E4500 Processor and 1GB Ram, with Vista. It will be around 12k more compared to assembled but i think it will be better, so planning to go for that.

Most Viewed