Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2008, 23:13   #31
BHPian

Jawbone all the way!
Old 26th May 2008, 16:29   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Best Bluetooth under 2K?

I had a Nokia BH-200 which suddenly died on me after only 6 months. Had bought that on ebay for about 1300rs. Can someone advise me of a good bluetooth priced under 2K?

I currently use a SE W810i but, may change to Nokia E61 or HTC Touch soon. Therefore, there shouldn't be any compatability issues. Another parameter is clear sound. Built quality i am not too particular as i generally use it while i am driving and quite gentle with all my gadgets. Please suggest which bluetooth fits my requirement?
Old 26th May 2008, 18:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can someone advise me of a good bluetooth priced under 2K?
Check out my post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/790874-post12.html

Linky : Iqua, Bluetooth Headset, Wireless Headset : Iqua India

This is what I use : Iqua, Wireless Headset : Iqua India

Available at most multibrand cell phone shops.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th May 2008 at 19:02. Reason: Links edited.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
I wouldn't disbelieve that. The world of BT is mysterious - nothing works as expected many times.
YEah - very right, old man. I gave up on bluetooth sometime back after smashing a few headsets that refused to work.

SInce every device is WiFi enabled these days, why cant we simply have WiFi headsets? Why do we need different short-range radios to do that part?

Bluetooth was supposed to revolutionize everything including the way we paid for stuff. Nothing of that sort has happened. The great Apple still doesnt do stereo over bluetooth. The Toshiba BT Stack wont talk to the Broadcomm BT Stack, and neither of them can talk to the MS BT stack.

It is one failed technology with no killer app that works as intended.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:52   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Aditya. How much did you pay for it?
Old 27th May 2008, 15:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
... SInce every device is WiFi enabled these days, why cant we simply have WiFi headsets? Why do we need different short-range radios to do that part?

Bluetooth was supposed to revolutionize everything including the way we paid for stuff. Nothing of that sort has happened. The great Apple still doesnt do stereo over bluetooth. The Toshiba BT Stack wont talk to the Broadcomm BT Stack, and neither of them can talk to the MS BT stack.

It is one failed technology with no killer app that works as intended.
The WiFi stack is too costly (in semiconductor form) and heavy to replace BT. BT stack is cheap.

BT is a wire-replacement technology, as opposed to Ethernet which is a networking technology. You'd be surprised how much of industrial instrumentation is on BT!

On the PC side, the stacks that you have mentioned are anyhow not meant to talk to each other. They can coexist on the PC, as long as the application software on PC knows which stack to connect to. Unfortunately there lies rub - MS does not have a BT certification program, and coexistence rules have not been standardized. After all, BT does not have an IEEE program behind it like Ethernet - BT is an industry quasi-standard.

On the device side, it actually has nothing to do with the stack. The problem is the limited UI possibility on headset-type devices, which is a severe limitation. To successfully pair with another device, necessary for some profiles, the unit has to be brought into a certain state so that the other device can discover and attempt pairing. Imagine having to follow instructions like "press and hold the button for 3 seconds till the LED glows steadily for 1.5 seconds and then starts flickering..." - works for the guys who specified it, and most of the times not for the users.

Apple HAS an A2DP profile in the stack (Motorola, I think), but strangely hasn't made it available / enabled it. Maybe Sir Jobs wants to be sure of connection consistency and reliability before they allow it into the market.
Old 27th May 2008, 21:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Aditya. How much did you pay for it?
IIRC it cost less than 2k. Somewhere around 1800 bucks.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:43   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
IIRC it cost less than 2k. Somewhere around 1800 bucks.
Thank you. This sounds right inside my budget
Old 30th May 2008, 11:18   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: As i wanted a functional and reasonably priced bluetooth. I settled for a Jabra BT-135. It costed me Rs.1650

Nice decent design and extremely good sound clarity and flexible ear hook with 2 additional color strips, if you get bored of the same color
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:35   #40
BHPian

I just checked with the Mobile Store and they are carrying the Jabra BT-125 and BT-135 models, costing around 1700. Apart from these, they also had the Samsung WEP410 headset (at 50% of the sticker price of 2800; in effect 1400).

The salesguy also showed me some other local brands in the range of 1k, but I was not quite happy seeing them.

The question that I wish to ask is, whether the price is reasonable and second if the headsets pair alright with a HTC Touch?

Advise solicited and appreciated greatly. Thanks in advance.
Old 24th December 2008, 01:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Check the classified section of TBHP. Some members are selling great stuff for throw away price.
Old 13th February 2009, 00:15   #42
BHPian

which store/s carry plantronics bluetooth?

guys, do u know which stores (mumbai/pune) carry plantronics 510 or 520 or 665?
thanks
Old 19th February 2009, 04:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

motorola recently started selling S9HD as an update to the S9. They claim it betters the quality transmitted via normal bluetooth.

Has anyone checked it out yet?
Old 31st August 2013, 21:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which bluetooth headset to get

Team,

I have lost my Senheisser EZ 60 bluetooth headset somewhere.

I am looking for a bluetooth headset for my my nexus, with good noise cancellation and voice clarity.

Please suggest.

Budget is around 2 K,but my heart is set on Platronics Voyager.
Old 31st August 2013, 23:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which bluetooth headset to get

Even iBall has a basic Bluetooth headset. It fits on both the ears and sits at the back of your head similar to a regular headset. This is a great option with clear voice quality and long lasting battery.

The only drawback is for people with heads bigger than the average, wearing the headset might put extra pressure on the areas behind the ears where the headset makes contact.

Most Viewed