Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 15:09   #121
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered a 9 cell replacement battery for my XPS. The cost was too good to resist under the Free Shipping offer.
Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it without any hassles.
Old 26th May 2010, 16:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

Was thinking of buying a Xena Disc lock with alarm for my Ninja. This has an impact / shock sensor with a 120db alarm.

Is it reliable to buy from eBay.com? The product will be purchased online and shipped within the USA so my parents can bring it along when they return.

Here is the link

Also there are 3 options for shipping as per below picture. Which would you all suggest and why?

Will be making the purchase in a fortnight or so.

Replies and help on this is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?-xena-ebay.jpg  

Old 27th May 2010, 16:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please help.

I've never used eBay earlier and have no clue on how safe it is to use my credit card on the site (no paypal account).

Please help me understand the difference between the 3 options in the shipping details and which one is advisable to go for.

Thanks.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:50   #124
BHPian

Go for the cheapest postage that comes via "air" and not ships. Or you'll be waiting for weeks.

Find out your item on ebay.in as well and google around if any indian store sells it!

I have never had a problem getting stuff from ebay.com, .com.au, in or others.

It's up to your alertness and research work to find a reliable seller with justifiable price and shipping time/costs.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Go for the cheapest postage that comes via "air" and not ships. Or you'll be waiting for weeks.
This is going to be shipped within USA. So do i choose option 1? I hope with the first option there are no risks like package going missing, damaged etc.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:08   #126
Senior - BHPian

USPS Priority mail is good.
I haven't had any problems.
Ensure that the seller has atleast a 99% feedback rating and check his feedback if anyone's recently bought the product and what they have to say.
Old 28th May 2010, 22:25   #127
BHPian

No problem, You can buy with eyes closed & choose free shipping, it would reach the shipping address within a week at max. as you are buying from reputed seller.
Old 29th May 2010, 09:35   #128
BHPian

Go for free shipping - its reliable
Old 29th May 2010, 13:12   #129
BANNED

I've found e-bay to be too much of a hassle.

There is no guarantee for parts, its just rating you need to rely on.

Buying it from an actual supplier is better and i'am used to it.

For me E-Bay , keep it at bay.
Old 28th July 2010, 11:29   #130
BHPian

Paypal policy change for India

There is a change in paypal withdrawal system for India. It is bad news, as I do major purchases on ebay from power sellers abroad. Hope they resolve this soon.
PayPal India Notification
Not too sure, how the "cheque withdrawal" system will work. I bet it is not as simplified and quick as the earlier system.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Guys, please help.

I've never used eBay earlier and have no clue on how safe it is to use my credit card on the site (no paypal account).

Please help me understand the difference between the 3 options in the shipping details and which one is advisable to go for.

Thanks.
I have purchased more than 20 items through ebay and all payment made by credit card only. So far no problem at all.
Incase the seller not able to despatch a product within the time limit, the money will be credited back to your credit card account.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:09   #132
BHPian

Community Court in ebay-in

Do you know that there is a community court in ebay.in where the sellers and buyers can appeal against any negative feedback/comments left by the other party?

See it here .

Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?-communitycourt.jpg

I came to know of it yesterday when a seller has appealed against the negative feedback I had left. I had earlier in the day sent my statement on the seller's appeal. He has in turn sent his response (though I do not know what it is) on it and it has now gone to the Jury for their vote on whether my negative feedback stays or deleted. The jury will be out in 10 days. I shall then reveal more.

Is it good to buy from ebay.co.in / Ebay's Global EasyBuy system?-sellerappeal.jpg

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 1st August 2010 at 23:12.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:34   #133
BHPian

Transaction not completed message On GEB

I have tried atleast 10 times since this morning to place an order on Global Easy Buy for an USB3 PCIe card but I always get a message "Your PaisaPay credit / debit card payment cannot be completed. Please select a different payment type." My credit card is in good stead.

Initially I was returned with this message after I input the VFV password but on later tries even before the VFV process this message is returned.

Why? Is anybody else experiencing this problem or has experienced it before?

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 8th August 2010 at 12:39.
Old 8th August 2010, 21:28   #134
BHPian

^Problem resolved. I was consistently typing a wrong last digit in my card number .

Order for a Syba ( an American company - not a cheapie from China) USB3 PCIE Card placed on GEB for Rs 1600 minus discount 10% Rs.160 = Rs.1440. Item already on free shipping promotional offer applicable to all On GEB.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:17   #135
Senior - BHPian

ordered a $100 printer accessory that never arrived. money was credited back. ebay says perhaps the item was delisted before the international reseller could buy it.

Most Viewed